When are you taking your bikes out? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When are you taking your bikes out?

I commuted to work on mine. Temp was fine for me with no heated gear but with a short commute (10-15min). Roads were damp'ish but fine.

My biggest concern was riding in the darkness, with a darkish shield and not knowing where all the thousands of new potholes that winter has blessed us with are. Hit one of those puppies on the Gardiner and your day will change!

I commuted to work on mine. Temp was fine for me with no heated gear but with a short commute (10-15min). Roads were damp'ish but fine.

My biggest concern was riding in the darkness, with a darkish shield and not knowing where all the thousands of new potholes that winter has blessed us with are. Hit one of those puppies on the Gardiner and your day will change!

Be very careful in the dark. I still have an ice patch on my driveway that hasn't melted yet

It was nice to get out for a little toot. Still chilly but, the roads dry. Lot's of sand and debris everywhere.

Daily highs of 5 degrees or so are okay with me; I'd ride in that. I might have ridden to work today except:

a) It's supposed to rain starting ~5pm today. Me no likey rain (especially when it would form a salty brine spraying me and every part of the bike...)
b) Overnight lows are still dipping fairly deeply into the negatives meaning meltwater running across the road or standing near intersections during the day is likely sheer ice in the early AM. Too risky for me.

Just got back in from a shopping trip, lunch stop at a new-to-me restaurant and a round trip on the Forks. Not a bad way to spend an hour and a half in the middle of a Monday (vacation day).

Ha, just having FWB (fun with Brian).....just put the battery in, aired tires and fired it up. Will be making first Timmies run shortly.....Dundas....oops, lets not forget to put the sticker on, sitting on the kitchen counter for a month...
That's the spirit. Most of us are just having fun here. Good for you inreb. Glad you finally got it on and got it going on.
Yup. Nope.
Glad you got your ride on too, how was that?

Just put my insurance cheque in the mail :( Roads are clearing, but supposed to snow again tonight.

That's the spirit. Most of us are just having fun here. Good for you inreb. Glad you finally got it on and got it going on.
Glad you got your ride on too, how was that?

Ride was good but a little unsettling how much fun 40hp can be. I'm probably doing something wrong. Is it bad to pretend I'm riding a Ducati?

Decided to take it out today. Still a bit too cold for my liking, but it does feel good to be on the saddle again!

Just picked up the bike a few weeks ago and have yet to get it plated so I've gone up and down the driveway only a couple of times yesterday and today. Still a great feeling!

I changed my oil this weekend and today I converted to GP shifting. As soon as I finished and started the bike up.. while I was waiting for her to warm up... it started to rain. :(

Commuted on her today ~30 mins each way on the 401. Ride in at 9am was chilly but tolerable with proper gear (nothing heated), ride home at 7:30pm still OK in spite of light rain - neither ideal lol. Also made me rethink the decision to sell my Ninja

Ride was good but a little unsettling how much fun 40hp can be. I'm probably doing something wrong. Is it bad to pretend I'm riding a Ducati?

Well that's very good. LOL tell me about it. Mine has a tenth of that power give or take and I still manage to have a pretty good time on it. Not nearly as much as my R1 or even my CX, however I still have a blast on it and ride it at WOT frequently.. Are you actually pretending though or are you just in your own zone? I know my bike is small and slow and yeah it sucks comparatively to what I came off of, but it beats my bicycle, walking and the TTC.

Pulled the cover off, dropped the battery in, the Thruxton fired immediately. 120km late Sunday afternoon. Chilly, but not unbearable. Roads in rural Durham Region in better shape than I expected. Great to be back!

My wife documented the occasion:

rr4e53.jpg

Last edited:
Do you all not realize the theme of these threads?
Your rides are "chilly, not unbearable, tolerable", etc. These posts do not entice me to ride.
My ACL snapping was not unbearable and tolerable.

Back
Top Bottom