When are you taking your bikes out? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When are you taking your bikes out?

Me like this post :)
Hopefully Sunday I am going to ride 'er.

seen 3 Gixers in Cambridge yesterday evening
Seemed happy out!

Hoping for Monday too, Weather Network is forecasting a bit of rain though...
Well might not be great to ride THAT day, but itll help wash some of the salt off the street.

took mine out of the shed this evening, had to haul it across the snow in the garden into the garage. battery back, lubed the chain, cleaner her, took for a small rider around the block, cleaned her again and shes sitting in the garage ready to go.

was great to get out! albeit for 10 minutes. roads were dry. i took it easy though.

took mine out of the shed this evening, had to haul it across the snow in the garden into the garage. battery back, lubed the chain, cleaner her, took for a small rider around the block, cleaned her again and shes sitting in the garage ready to go.

was great to get out! albeit for 10 minutes. roads were dry. i took it easy though.
Luckyyyyy. I can't even see where the pool is, so I can't risk it yet :(

Luckyyyyy. I can't even see where the pool is, so I can't risk it yet :(

I have had my house for 11 years and still haven't found the pool.

Rode on March 1st, but it was a very short ride. I was dressed for the weather, but I was recovering from a back injury and didn't go far before I couldn't stand the pain from every little bump in the road.
Went out last night for about an hour. Rode Hockley valley at sunset. :)
Not much back pain, but didn't bother dressing warm enough. :)

Any tips dressing for 1-5c weather?

Any tips dressing for 1-5c weather?
I find a leather jacket keeps me a lot warmer than textile. If you go textile wear a sweater underneath or over top.

Wear higher cut socks (unless you've got boots then don't worry about that)

I found wearing gloves (thick or thin) over top my mc gloves helps keep the fingers warm. Though you loose a bit of fluidity with the controls.

And if you've got heated gear then disregard all of the above.

I find a leather jacket keeps me a lot warmer than textile. If you go textile wear a sweater underneath or over top.

This is inaccurate. If you get a touring or adventure jacket they are windproof, waterproof & properly insulated. Zippers & openings are properly sealed.

I have this setup with a heated vest. Get a windproof /waterproof glove & pants too.

I ditch leather when the weather gets cold

This is inaccurate. If you get a touring or adventure jacket they are windproof, waterproof & properly insulated. Zippers & openings are properly sealed.

I have this setup with a heated vest. Get a windproof /waterproof glove & pants too.

I ditch leather when the weather gets cold
Must be cause I'm 20 and cold doesn't affect me as much.

Are ski gloves okay for riding? Normal gloves just don't do the job!

Are ski gloves okay for riding? Normal gloves just don't do the job!
That's what I use. Ski gloves over my mc gloves they extended my riding season by at least a month

But again, your clutch and brakework are less fluent.

Must be cause I'm 20 and cold doesn't affect me as much.
That still doesn't prove leather is warmer than textile

That still doesn't prove leather is warmer than textile
Listen man I'm just saying what I've realized. You wouldn't catch me riding in December riding with textile and a teeshirt underneath, you would catch me however, with leather and a teeshirt because it's fine for me.

I have a quality leather jacket from danier which keeps me warmer or else I wouldn't wear it nor would I say it on a forum. If you've got textile jackets with inner liners that are quality, go for it. If you have a scorpion jacket like I do then I wouldn't do it.

Again, I'm saying what I've noticed. It's not like I'm pulling this information out of the air to mislead people or something...

There are so many variables including types of jackets etc. I'm not making universal claims here I'm telling him what has worked for me in the past considering almost all of my riding is done in cold weather.

Back
Top Bottom