What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 198 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Really, I dunno I find it quite helpful because they usually are right at the spot you need the reminder, like tire pressure.
I keep a binder for all my cars/toys and with the bikes I peel the stickers off and place them on the cover of the binder for quick reference. Tire pressures I can memorize but things like chain slack are nice to have close by the tools required.

Between my enduro and my wife's, I do literally 12-16 oil changes a season.

.... and I STILL need to look up the manual for the torque specs on all the filters and bolts.

Every single bloody damn time.

Doesn't help that there's a magnetic drain plug, two screens and a traditional oil filter, all with different torque specs.

At least I've memorized which wrench to use. :rolleyes:

Sometimes...🤪 Nah but like for tire pressure I do. I never seem to remember those numbers.

Remembering tire pressures, I'm okay with.

In the dirt, we're always f-n around with the pressures trying to find a setting that's good for us personally, so you commit these numbers to memory pretty quickly, always airing up and down, on and off-road.

For the adventure bikes and the street bikes, we have TPMS, and the pressures are always on the home screen. Day-to-day you notice when your pressures are slowly dropping from stock.

Between my enduro and my wife's, I do literally 12-16 oil changes a season.

.... and I STILL need to look up the manual for the torque specs on all the filters and bolts.

Every single bloody damn time.

Doesn't help that there's a magnetic drain plug, two screens and a traditional oil filter, all with different torque specs.

At least I've memorized which wrench to use. :rolleyes:

You ought to write yourself a torque spec cheat sheet. Look it up once, then never again.

Same here. All that siht is the first thing to go.
On my FZ6 the VIN sticker was in a hi viz area so off it came. No big deal the numbers are stamped on the frame. The only things left were the triple tuning forks which were clearcoated over.

Did a exhaust resonator delete on a 2019 BMW F750GS today. Essentially removing this 8 lb resonator box, and replacing it with this half-pound link pipe specifically made for the F750GS/F850GS instead.

bmw f750gs resonator delete.jpeg
(the resonator is in the wrong way in the pic but you get it)

The resonator delete pipe is < $100 from TEMU, who sent to me for free... and like when anything comes free in life, I was very concerned.

Is this going to sound like poop?
Is this going to run like poop?
Is this going to set off expensive BMW error codes that will make me poop myself?
etc.

Honestly...

This thing is amazing!

It's not stupid loud, but it gives the bike more sound that is much more deep. It's outgoing but in no way obnoxious... whereas it used to be a quiet reserved subdued German. Touring will be no issue with it. It's quieter than my G650GS with a Dominator pipe, and maybe a little louder than my BMW G650GS with a Leo Vince in Italy. I tour on both.

I couple years ago when I had an F700GS in the garage, I put a pipe on it, and, it was pretty good... for an F700GS. There's just only so good that engine configuration can sound. But the F750GS/F850GS with it's 853cc twin firing at 270 degrees, and this resonator delete, **** me, it's given me a whole new level of respect for this motorcycle! It sounds like it commands more respect too!

Re: the weight savings, yup, saved 7.5 lbs. Along with switching to a lithium battery I've probably saved about 10-11 lbs now... but I'll add some GIVI brackets soon and that'll cancel out. Can't say I felt a difference if I'm being honest. This bike has 6" of travel in the back, 7" or so in the back, and electronic and dynamically adjustable suspension and is pretty well balanced, so it already handles great.

The only issues were:

1) It came with no rubber grommet. I thought putting one in would help avoid vibration so I kind of cut one to size and made it work.

2) The mount for the heat shield... You need to put the bolts in, in a certain order, or they won't both fit. Also part of the heat shield is rubbing against the exhaust (no clearance)... so I might take the heat shield off and grind that corner off.

All in all, considering this mod is < $100 and < 30 minutes, what's not to love?

Filled in a large paint chip in the hood that of course missed the ppf film. Used a toothpick but the clear (which has the pearl/flake in it) is just a bit too high. Haven’t decided if I should scrape it down, sand it, or just leave it as is. Wet sanding and a compound/polish worked fine on the 16yr old suv but I’m more hesitant to do it on a 4yr old van.

Attachments

• IMG_5856.jpeg
    IMG_5856.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom