What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 197 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

We are on our second Nissan Rogue. No complaints so far. We only kept the first one for 4 years and this one at 3.5 so far.....

Yes, it was meant for you. I thought Rogues used premium. Thank you. :)
Not that I have noticed that they require it but I will double check tomorrow.
But even if they do, it has been getting regular since day 1 so I wouldn't change that.

They did when they were first introduced. Maybe they changed that. My brother has a 1150GS that apparently also requires premium but he has only used regular since it was new. I guess anti knock sensors take care of that these days.

My VStrom calls for at least 91 fuel, I have used 93 mostly but recently have cheated with 89 and I don't think I noticed any difference.

A standard will go virtually forever without an oil change, an auto box? not so much. Automatics need service if you want them to last... you also want to do band adjustments and check the clutches while you're in there... flushing out the torque converter is a really good idea too (it holds half the trans fluid and doesn't empty when you empty the pan)

Most modern automatic transmissions have eliminated bands, and now perform the internal brake functions with multi-plate clutches, in the interest of eliminating that need for periodic adjustment.

Reminds me ... I should take out the "dealer service only" plug on the transmission in my van, and stick the engine oil dipstick in there to see what the fluid looks like. I did this around 70 000 km and the fluid still looked like new and didn't smell of anything, so I opted to not fool around with it. It's now around 110 000 km. Spends most of its life at 1800+/-200 rpm in 6th gear with the torque converter locked, so I'm not expecting any surprises, but I should still do it.

Multiple bikes, multiple projects.

Race bike: Oil change (done), general clean-up and inspection and lubrication (done), download and save the current PowerCommander map as a back-up due to laptop issues (done), empty the fuel tank (done), re-secure the left handgrip which keeps sliding off the bar (done - I hope). In the process of doing the latter I also discovered that the left handlebar as a whole was positioned out further than the right one, which my OCD couldn't handle. Bike blew over in a wind gust at SOAR round 5, which might have something to do with that. That's now fixed.

Beast: Oil change (up next), inspect air filter (up next), have the timing chain tensioner recall done (booked with Two Wheel today). It's going to need tires soon, but it always needs tires soon.

ZX10R: Oil change due in probably a couple of weeks. No other significant plans.

FZR400: Oil change (soon), disassemble and re-lubricate the rear suspension (soon). The latter is the only big-ish project in the works.

Van needs the interior cleaned out. That's normally an end-of-season project when there's no need of having anything in it.

Car needs an interior cleaning, too. And, eventually, the snow tires swapped on. (Soon)

Shop needs the tools organised, as it currently looks like a tornado hit it.

Random update.
Race bike is done.
The beast had the timing chain tensioner recall done at Two Wheel, and I did the oil change. Needs tires, brake pads inspected, brake fluid changed.
ZX10R is getting the oil change tomorrow.
FZR rear suspension is all apart, cleaned up, re-greased all bearings, ready to go back together. I've decided not to touch the shock. Don't fix what isn't broken. I'm pretty sure the culprit for the squeak was the upper spherical mount for the shock, although the lower needle roller bearings for the shock linkage definitely needed the old grease taken out and replaced with new. Swingarm bearings looked mint. I also fixed an annoyance ... when the previous owner had swingarm spools welded on, they blocked the drain holes for the inside of the swingarm, which leads to the swingarm slowly filling up with water. With the swingarm off the bike, I drilled new drain holes. Lots of water came out. Won't be a problem any longer.
Van is cleaned out although I still need to vacuum the cargo area.
Car still needs the interior vacuumed, and eventually the snow tires installed.

We are on our second Nissan Rogue. No complaints so far. We only kept the first one for 4 years and this one at 3.5 so far.....

What does 4 years mean though? 🤔

My 2006 Ford F-150 hit 325,000 km before it started giving me more issues than I cared to deal with (work vehicle) and sold it this year.

I call that reliable.

My 2008 F150 V6 XL (manual transmission and windows) has around 240,000 km on it. It's been niggling me lately, to the point where I bought a 2023 this Spring. However, it still has some life in it so today I put the winter wheels back on and oil sprayed it, hoping it will get me through the winter, and spare my new one from one season of salt.

My 2008 F150 V6 XL (manual transmission and windows) has around 240,000 km on it. It's been niggling me lately, to the point where I bought a 2023 this Spring. However, it still has some life in it so today I put the winter wheels back on and oil sprayed it, hoping it will get me through the winter, and spare my new one from one season of salt.

Honestly that's the way to do it. I thought about keeping the 2006 but... I already have a half dozen bikes in the garage (most of them even run! lol). In the winter I bring two lucky bikes into the house... the missus doesn't care. Separate bank accounts and when she met me I had two bikes in the house so she knew what she was signing up for...

...but if I start loading up the driveway with old pickup trucks... I might be pushing the limits of her good nature lol

I started the seasonal shift in the garage. Pulled the blower out of the shed and parked it in the garage. Once the snow flies I'll move the blower to the garage door and park the bike in this corner for the winter.

View attachment 70362
Nah we're not there yet. Rain the next few days then some warmer temps means the lawns going to get cut again and there's plenty of riding to do. Too early to swap bikes/sleds, mower/blower.

My VStrom calls for at least 91 fuel, I have used 93 mostly but recently have cheated with 89 and I don't think I noticed any difference.
Vstrom calls for 91RON, or 87AKI.

Canada and the USA use AKI rating, not RON. AKI is the average of RON & MON, 91RON = 87AKI.

Nah we're not there yet. Rain the next few days then some warmer temps means the lawns going to get cut again and there's plenty of riding to do. Too early to swap bikes/sleds, mower/blower.
Perhaps you're not there yet, but we've had snow on the ground for Halloween before! It's just good planning up here to do a lot of seasonal changes before the weather goes into the crapper.

BTW, I'm also hoping for some more riding, hopefully into November as well. However, I also waxed and sharpened my skis this week, just in case.😀

Back
Top Bottom