Trump Guilty | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trump Guilty

That look when it sinks in that yes, there IS a chance you could get sent to prison.

donald-trump-11041.jpg

Anyone who thinks this changes the election result is fooling themselves. Biden was handed a poison pill by Israel (which, now that I think of it, is extremely convenient for Netanyahu et al, who will much prefer the enthusiastic fellating they will receive from Trump to the half-hearted hand job Biden is providing), and now most people under 30 and of Muslim background won't vote for him. That will lose him a pile of swing states and hand Trump the win. The key to winning the presidency in the US is mobilising your voters, and Biden has utterly failed in that goal. Trump, on the other hand, will frame this as political rather than legal, and mobilise voters like crazy.

It still bends my brain that the US political system is so busted that the best two candidates that the wealthiest and most powerful country in human history can produce are a mentally failing octogenarian career politician and a man who takes vulgarity and dishonesty to such an extreme level that he has punched through the limit of human conception and thus convinced a huge number of people that he is somehow the opposite to his every waking word and action.

This pretty much sums up my expectations for the next five years:

1717129625610.png

Maybe. I'm not sure of the logistics. He will certainly appeal. Do you lose eligibility to vote today or after all avenues for appeal have been exhausted?
Late night US news programs say it's when the big steel door slams shut. Give it a decade or so if it ever happens.

I don't like the guy and don't think he should be President, but putting the leader of the opposition party in prison is what a communist or dictatorship country would do. U.S. reputation as a world leader is going into the toilet.
This doesn't make any sense to me this was a fair trial by a jury not just put in jail for political differences. In my opinion this should happen more often to keep the corrupt politicians somewhat in check

Sent from the future

Thing is, this is not a crime that would normally be worthy of the US Attorney's time and resources. Im no Trumpster, but when someone is singled out for prosecution by a highly partisan part of the judiciary, there is the stench of politics in the air.

Precedent is a fine and community service for a first-time offender in a class E felony is the standard sentence in NY. Only 30% of Class E felons are sentenced to jail, those typically have prior felony convictions or pose some grave risk to the public. My bet is he gets house arrest and a fine.

In the worst case, he's not jailed until all appeals are exhausted - that would be well after the 2024 election.
It's always good to see justice done, pending appeal of course. However, can the ROI justify the result?

As much as I dislike DT I see this blowing back in Biden's face. Republicans are unified by their consistent bigotry, greed and pigheadedness. Democrats are unified by wind gusts.

Trump is still potentially facing three more charges. How are the media shares doing?

This doesn't make any sense to me this was a fair trial by a jury not just put in jail for political differences. In my opinion this should happen more often to keep the corrupt politicians somewhat in check

Sent from the future
Good to see in a way but one has to consider critical mass where so many break the law, enforcement is futile.

I would be like having a cop at every stop sign writing a ticket for every vehicle, including bicycles, that doesn't do a screech, vroom stop.

I don't like the guy and don't think he should be President, but putting the leader of the opposition party in prison is what a communist or dictatorship country would do. U.S. reputation as a world leader is going into the toilet.
IMO they've never been a world leader in democracy but rather known for their military force and financial greed.

The charges are falsifying business records. It's a high bar to make this a felony ( a criminal offence in Canada) , it's typically a misdemeanor (like a summary offense in Canada).

There are lots of grounds for appeal.

You mean the same charges Cohen got jail time for? It’s also a full charge of falsifying business records to defraud voters in the 2016 election.

I’m no fan of Trump but, I try to view things as if the shoe was on the other foot. This plays to Trump’s benefit as it works its way through the legal process and election approaches. The dems cannot win based on the issues or policies so, they try and remove the competition by any means necessary.

Americans love the notoriety of criminals. Trump will wear it as a badge of honour of how “they” are out to get him.

It’s not just trailer parks and red necks that support Trump. There are relativity sane middle of the road folks that are seeing things in Trumps favour and believe he is being railroaded by his political enemies.

This…is what hands Biden the election. Aside from the lunatic fringe, most decent people don’t want any of this crap going on in their country.

I don't think anyone is expecting Biden to win. Even Trudeau's has had meetings do strategize for a return of Trump. From what I'm reading today the court decision has been a windfall for Trump's polling and fundraising.

A near future with Trump, Pollievre and Le Pen may be hard to imagine but Meloni and Wilder have been very successful in Europe and make Pollievre look woke.

I don't think anyone is expecting Biden to win. Even Trudeau's has had meetings do strategize for a return of Trump. From what I'm reading today the court decision has been a windfall for Trump's polling and fundraising.

A near future with Trump, Pollievre and Le Pen may be hard to imagine but Meloni and Wilder have been very successful in Europe and make Pollievre look woke.

Trump doesn’t pick up votes from this. It just strengthens his base and lets the grift continue.

If you look back at the markets during Trumps term , you’ll see why lots of “normal” successful people back him. They made millions , and yes , it is all about the money

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Another legal expert made a comment about this. No remorse shown, 10 counts of contempt during the trial. Threats etc. None of that is a positive when it comes to sentencing.
But a very presidential look all the same no?

So just take a step back. Another cooler head last night pointed out that Trump has already lost an election and that was when he wasn’t a convicted felon. People know exactly what a Trump presidency would look like as they already got a taste and said no the last time. Ignore all the polls, ignore the noise and posturing. It’s going to be a bit wild though.

If you look back at the markets during Trumps term , you’ll see why lots of “normal” successful people back him. They made millions , and yes , it is all about the money

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

S&P has had record highs during Biden. I’m not so sure they are hurting.

So just take a step back. Another cooler head last night pointed out that Trump has already lost an election and that was when he wasn’t a convicted felon. People know exactly what a Trump presidency would look like as they already got a taste and said no the last time. Ignore all the polls, ignore the noise and posturing. It’s going to be a bit wild though.
Except then Biden mobilised his voters with people who'd had enough of Trump's particular brand of crazy and just wanted some old-school stability. The same ones who stayed home because Hillary didn't inspire anything except indifference at best and revulsion at worst. And enough Trump voters stayed home against Biden because of the endless chaos of his term. My bet is both sides stay home in record numbers, but that Trump's base is more committed than Biden's, especially after four years of being relentlessly rage-farmed.

The weird thing is that the choice will change very little domestically on a fundamental level (assuming he doesn't actually tear down the foundations of democracy in the US, which is always possible). Where it will be most immediately and acutely felt is in conflict zones overseas, as Trump will almost certainly abandon Ukraine and send trillions to Israel. Aside from the obvious immediate humanitarian consequences of those decisions, it'll also help cement China as a bigger global player than the US, and make the US even more isolated as places like Europe will be forced to operate without US help. Maybe that's in some ways a good thing, but I can't help but feel that the devil you know is at least more predictable...

Edit: I should add that Democrats often rely heavily on mobilising the youth vote. The polling of under-30 voters shows a heavy majority who have sympathy the the plight of Palestine, and this is going to kill Biden. The Genocide Joe moniker is going to stick.

Back
Top Bottom