Trump Guilty | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trump Guilty

It’s just been explained that jury verdicts are very difficult to overturn. They are held a little more sacrosanct unless there’s been a serious issue during the trial.

It’s just been explained that jury verdicts are very difficult to overturn. They are held a little more sacrosanct unless there’s been a serious issue during the trial.
Cutting off federal funding is a big stick. In the face of that, it wouldn't be too hard to bring forward a skeleton to overturn the case.

I don't like the guy and don't think he should be President, but putting the leader of the opposition party in prison is what a communist or dictatorship country would do. U.S. reputation as a world leader is going into the toilet.
If it was a kangaroo court, I agree. This seemed above board. You don't get an exemption from prosecution because you are a politician.

Getting a criminal conviction on 34 charges is a waste of time and money? We have very different views on value.
These will be overturned in the appeals, still will not keep him off the ballot. Nothing will become of this. Sad reality but time will tell.

Read what I posted above.

These are 34 counts, all guilty by a jury agreed upon by both sides. Witnesses called by both sides. Protocol followed to the letter.

My counter point is - It's America, the 1% don't go to prison.

Where do you think the errors in law were that are necessary to win appeals? I wasn't paying close attention but the case seemed reasonable and judge told jurors to ignore the liars that testified.
Only thing i'm going by is the canadian news, was a guy on 640 said the same thing i just posted. Honestly i don't know who would replace him?

Another legal expert made a comment about this. No remorse shown, 10 counts of contempt during the trial. Threats etc. None of that is a positive when it comes to sentencing.
You think he'll go to jail? Haven't seen a politician yet that wasn't a criminal.

Only thing i see from this trial is draw the US closer to civil war

Where do you think the errors in law were that are necessary to win appeals? I wasn't paying close attention but the case seemed reasonable and judge told jurors to ignore the liars that testified.
it's not the error in law, it's the appeal will buy enough time for him to pardon himself is he gets back in the WH

it's not the error in law, it's the appeal will buy enough time for him to pardon himself is he gets back in the WH
I don't know if he can pardon himself. Convictions are in state court not federal. Like I said though, nothing is stopping him from lighting a fire under NY state until they get rid of the convictions though.

Finding actual criminals guilty is usually a good thing in any country. Ignoring it is what the banana republics do when that person is powerful.
Thing is, this is not a crime that would normally be worthy of the US Attorney's time and resources. Im no Trumpster, but when someone is singled out for prosecution by a highly partisan part of the judiciary, there is the stench of politics in the air.

Precedent is a fine and community service for a first-time offender in a class E felony is the standard sentence in NY. Only 30% of Class E felons are sentenced to jail, those typically have prior felony convictions or pose some grave risk to the public. My bet is he gets house arrest and a fine.

In the worst case, he's not jailed until all appeals are exhausted - that would be well after the 2024 election.

Thing is, this is not a crime that would normally be worthy of the US Attorney's time and resources. Im no Trumpster, but when someone is singled out for prosecution by a highly partisan part of the judiciary, there is the stench of politics in the air.

Precedent is a fine and community service for a first-time offender in a class E felony is the standard sentence in NY. Only 30% of Class E felons are sentenced to jail, those typically have prior felony convictions or pose some grave risk to the public. My bet is he gets house arrest and a fine.

In the worst case, he's not jailed until all appeals are exhausted - that would be well after the 2024 election.

There’s a precedent for election fraud? That’s what this case actually is.

There’s a precedent for election fraud? That’s what this case actually is.
The charges are falsifying business records. It's a high bar to make this a felony ( a criminal offence in Canada) , it's typically a misdemeanor (like a summary offense in Canada).

There are lots of grounds for appeal.

Back
Top Bottom