To be Canadian | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To be Canadian

Yea...I wouldn't get my hopes up. Didn't someone on here in the last 6 months say they knew a factory offering over $20 an hour and had interviews with 15 new immigrants and only 2 or 3 of them accepted the job because the rest all wanted to work for cash and didn't want to pay taxes? I think if Canada had a major problem most who have come here in the last 5-10 years would retreat back to their home country and wait it out to return to suck our resources again.
Fifty years ago I felt I could trust Canada to have my back but not now. It’s getting more every man for himself.

In a way I can’t blame people for leaving the exit door open.

They want cash because as foreign students they can’t show income above 20hrs a week.

If you look deeper, its more likely an employer offers them $12 to work for cash.

In most cases.. it's being done thru a temp agency. The temp is being paid the same amount they would get if they were being paid on the books.. but the taxes aren't deducted and the agency isn't paying the burdens... the employee taxes and burdens are kept by the agency.
Often.. there's legit workers working beside the cash workers.. the company is paying the same for both.. the agencies come out ahead when the workers are being paid cash.
Recent law/rule changes made it more difficult for those agencies and workers... companies are turning away from allowing it to happen in their facilities.
And... then they have to apply to change from a study permit to a work permit.. and they have no work history.

The only country that could attack us is US, and if you expect me to join up to fight the US comin north across the border... dream on. Maybe you could sell it as patriotic MAID.
You would prefer jail?

Boggle.

In most cases.. it's being done thru a temp agency. The temp is being paid the same amount they would get if they were being paid on the books.. but the taxes aren't deducted and the agency isn't paying the burdens... the employee taxes and burdens are kept by the agency.
Often.. there's legit workers working beside the cash workers.. the company is paying the same for both.. the agencies come out ahead when the workers are being paid cash.
Recent law/rule changes made it more difficult for those agencies and workers... companies are turning away from allowing it to happen in their facilities.
And... then they have to apply to change from a study permit to a work permit.. and they have no work history.
Not most cases... some cases. I was in the textile trade for a long time, there wasn't a factory I walked into without illegals or indentured people staff earning meager wages. I saw needle shops in Scarboro paying sewers as little as $6/hour flat rate shops. Some factories pay flat salaries equal to 37.5 hours at minimum wage, but require operators to work 60 hours a week. A lot of these are in poor working conditions - low light, stifling/freezing conditions, filthy restrooms and kitchens.

There are lots of these places.

We want a ever growing economy. We need ever growing population to grow the economy. To keep the population steady, every person has to have one off spring, to grow we need more.
White Canadians have a negative birth rate, by a LOT. Canadians as a whole are only a little bit negative growth... about 0.87. Japan is worse.
For positive population growth we need a birth rate of almost 2, every couple should have 3.5+ children.
Are you doing your part? How many kids you got?

Ya want a white Canada? start pumpin out the crotch daemons
... so unless you got 4 or more kids, STFU about immigration. Who do you expect to pay for your pension?
Who said they want a white Canada? I must have missed that comment.
But since you brought it up, who can afford 3.5 kids per couple in Trudeau's Canada?
My wife and I have 2.5 kids, so we are in the positive. lol

Last edited:
I’ve raised four kids with my wife, My wife raised has raised five😂
My wife also tells me she still has kid one at home, and that I should stop treating him like a favorite.

Not most cases... some cases. I was in the textile trade for a long time, there wasn't a factory I walked into without illegals or indentured people staff earning meager wages. I saw needle shops in Scarboro paying sewers as little as $6/hour flat rate shops. Some factories pay flat salaries equal to 37.5 hours at minimum wage, but require operators to work 60 hours a week. A lot of these are in poor working conditions - low light, stifling/freezing conditions, filthy restrooms and kitchens.

There are lots of these places.

I think there's a little 'that was then, this is now' in the conversation.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a major employer taking those kinds of risk themselves these days.

To be a happy Canadian one must be able to tolerate incompetent government like we tolerate erratic weather.

A relative is visiting from New Zealand and wants to visit Montreal for a few days, going by our crown corporation Via Rail, booking her seat online.

I'm sure our various tourism departments spend tons of money advertising "Come to Canada"

Via Rail let her process all her seat details but in the end she can't pay from outside the country. Via suggested having a Canadian relative do the booking which I'm fine with but she's logged in with her email address and password but if I use them I'm out of the loop if anything needs alterations. My email address won't relate to her password.

What we need is more civil servants managed by more incompetent bureaucrats. Maybe we could get the CRA to train them. CRA has incompetence down pat.

Morning rant over.

I could drive her to Montreal faster than I can navigate their website. I'd be passing through Kingston about now and able to predict an ETA.

Nobbie ....the problem is with the politicians not the multicultures. Politicians foment discord and are taught as lawyers not to strive for consensus or compromise.
The US constitution once banned lawyers from politics and the combative, being an ******* is admirable shite that needs to be gone.
George Washington, and John Adams did not want to allow political parties....they had some damn good ideas early on.
••••••••••••

It's not. It's similar but they in reality are not really close in taste.
Not sure where the root beer came in but:

Well, sassafras and sarsaparilla both contain safrole, a compound recently banned by the FDA due to its carcinogenic effects. Safrole was found to contribute to liver cancer in rats when given in high doses, and thus it and sassafras or sarsaparilla-containing products were banned.

One researcher calculated the amount one would have to consume and the sugar was worse.

We want a ever growing economy. We need ever growing population to grow the economy. To keep the population steady, every person has to have one off spring, to grow we need more.
White Canadians have a negative birth rate, by a LOT. Canadians as a whole are only a little bit negative growth... about 0.87. Japan is worse.
For positive population growth we need a birth rate of almost 2, every couple should have 3.5+ children.
Are you doing your part? How many kids you got?

Ya want a white Canada? start pumpin out the crotch daemons
... so unless you got 4 or more kids, STFU about immigration. Who do you expect to pay for your pension?
I've never figured out zero population growth mathematically.

Basically you can't have kids until your parents die. If they were 25 ish when you were born and live to 80, not uncommon, you're not sprouting roots. Offing the parents at 65 fixes that and at the same time reduces the need for LTC.

I've never figured out zero population growth mathematically.

Basically you can't have kids until your parents die. If they were 25 ish when you were born and live to 80, not uncommon, you're not sprouting roots. Offing the parents at 65 fixes that and at the same time reduces the need for LTC.
The math is simple.

Zero population growth happens when the number of births equals the number of deaths.

I suspect go far enough back, we were all decendants of immigrants . Mine just showed up 200+ yrs ago , on both sides. Kicked out of Scotland and left wales for religious freedom . Other side moved north from the US when the British lost the Americas . I think being Canadian includes tolerance, just because we got here before the Italian wave, the Irish wave , the Eastern euro wave and now the everybody else wave doesn’t mean it’s our beach . We didn’t have to fit in , there was nothing to fit into.
Be different, celebrate whatever you want , dress to suit your tradition. But for the love of God ( mine in this case) , leave the problems you left home for, at home. This is still one of the best places in the world to live . Keep it that way .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I think there's a little 'that was then, this is now' in the conversation.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a major employer taking those kinds of risk themselves these days.
I took my son to a Cold Stone Creamery in August. The Indian girl working there was very nice and we talked a little. She revealed that she'd been in Canada for a few months and is really struggling to pay rent. She has to share a place with several others to afford it (I think she said 4 or 5 others). She managed to get part-time hours working at a Fortinos (on the books), and part-time hours at the Creamery where she's paid $10/hr off the books, while going to school. She's not happy about being lied to by Trudeau about the wealth of opportunity here. When paying with debit, as I was about to enter a tip, she stopped me. She said that the owner keeps all the tips. I wish I had cash on me to give her a decent tip. She deserves better.

Edit: It was Marble Slab Creamery.

Last edited:
I took my son to a Cold Stone Creamery in August. The Indian girl working there was very nice and we talked a little. She revealed that she'd been in Canada for a few months and is really struggling to pay rent. She has to share a place with several others to afford it (I think she said 4 or 5 others). She managed to get part-time hours working at a Fortinos (on the books), and part-time hours at the Creamery where she's paid $10/hr off the books, while going to school. She's not happy about being lied to by Trudeau about the wealth of opportunity here. When paying with debit, as I was about to enter a tip, she stopped me. She said that the owner keeps all the tips. I wish I had cash on me to give her a decent tip. She deserves better.

Where? I thought they pulled out of Canada a few years ago.

The math is simple.

Zero population growth happens when the number of births equals the number of deaths.
That's the definition but how do you make it work, taking in longevity, fertility rates and high risk pregnancies.

The strategy is harder. You win hockey games by scoring more goals than the other team. Figuring out how to do it is the trick.

So does a couple apply for a baby building permit, take a number and wait for someone to die?

Where? I thought they pulled out of Canada a few years ago.
My bad. I looked it up. It's called Marble Slab Creamery.

Edit: I won't share the exact location because, although I'd like the owner to get what he deserves, I don't want a struggle girl's life to get even harder when she looses her job.

There’s an old saying, if you can’t feed em don’t breed em. That applies to most old stock Canadians , ( the ones Justin dislikes) because we have an expectation that they will attend school, have an interesting childhood and enter the work force headed to a better life than we had . It’s really expensive.
Then you have the folks my wife worked with , they can tell you to the nickle what that new baby is going to bring in with baby bonus and subsidies. Education is only in how to work the system. And the cycle continues.
The fines need to be huge for people employing off the books workers . Make it tens of thousands . The underground economy is choking the rest of us . If you can’t run a legitimate business , it’s not a business, it’s organized crime .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

My bad. I looked it up. It's called Marble Slab Creamery.

Edit: I won't share the exact location because, although I'd like the owner to get what he deserves, I don't want a struggle girl's life to get even harder when she looses her job.
Oh..that might be what I saw as well...

Back
Top Bottom