Time for a new ride... (ideas welcome!) | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time for a new ride... (ideas welcome!)

GTAM is the best! 🥳

And also, the worst... 😭
You hurt the ones you love the most...

I let a friend ride my Str675r... she put it into a ditch.

Financial loss, but wasn't worth the buyback.

Counts as an "at fault" for me, even though she has a comparable bike with full insurance, and she was at fault for her single vehicle accident.

Just as a back-story...
Fack, as an old friend named Blackie would say...

I went and bought a replacement in Quebec.

Seems to be more reasonably priced street triples there. It was worth the 12h round trip.

Locally, most sellers wanted $6500, with more km. The Quebec bike needed a few things, but nothing was a deal breaker.

Might want to consider doing the same.
I've always wondered about the logistics of doing this. Even when I was shopping for a supernaked in BC that ended up being the Tuono, the lowest prices in Canada were always in Quebec. I figure I'll need to save at least $1000 to make up for the gas there and back, plus the time and paperwork. How hard is it to register a Quebec bike in Ontario? It was super easy from BC, just needed a safety, but I thought I read somewhere that Quebec was harder...

2022 Ducati 950 super sport , original and super clean , 436kms from new . 10k firm . This is what you need , DM for my address….
Fack again. Fantastic bike, and the closest thing to the old VFR800 formula you can buy today.

No lowballers. He knows what he has. Lady driven. Highway miles only. Never seen rain. Mint. Previous owner only dropped it from a standstill. Needs nothing to certify.
I think I read every one of these skimming through Kijiji briefly just now...

How about this then?
A neighbour is an incorrigible bike collector, and he's recently started picking up Ducatis for some reason, despite loving Japanese bikes. Here's three, the middle one he races with VRRA:

pauls ducs.jpg

The Paso is surprisingly mint bar a hideous Ducati logo on the opaque windscreen. Out of shot is the BMW K1 he also picked up recently...

You guys talking about the street triple is getting me interested. I am planning on upgrading my and my wifes bikes for this coming season.

Are there any specific years, models that are the better ones?
As @matt365 noted earlier, there's a sizeable jump in insurance when you get to the 765cc newer models...

Funny, because I skimmed Kijiji for anything interesting for this thread and I didn't turn up anything good for Priller. BUT

Somewhat rare red 1983 GS1100E. It has a Windjammer on it but seller says they still have the parts to revert it. Only $3000! I would be thinking about it if I didn't already have more bikes than I should

That thing is a stunner. Then you see the Windjammer, and... 😬

Mission accomplished. Thread hijack completed.
In the best possible way. At least folks aren't shouting about Trudeau. As the OP, I thoroughly endorse these hijacks.

This was my 2005. First year, and I'm pretty sure the black ones are the fastest.

View attachment 69969
Opposite to the Street Triple, I have discovered that insurance for the first 1050 gen of the Speed Triple is significantly more expensive (at least for me) than later models. I was quoted $1319/yr for a 2011, and $2001/yr for a 2005. No idea why...

How about this then?
jack-nicholson-yes.gif

Back
Top Bottom