The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 414 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

That's a benefit whose value cannot be overstated. If you trade in a bike you can get rid of it ASAP. and be on to the next toy. No paying insurance on a bike you're not riding. No waiting around to buy the bike you want because you can't sell your current bike. No wasting time answering hundreds of messages. No waiting around for people who may or may not show up and may be of dubious intentions.

I sold a bike in the spring and it drove me crazy. And it sold in two days.
I was stuck doing this when I traded my ZX-10R for my Tuono in early-spring 2019. Was moving back to Ontario from BC in the summer, and wanted to get as much time on the Tuono in BC before I left. Ended up eating probably $2500 in 'convenience fees' compared to selling privately, but looking back, it was worth every penny for the extra rides I managed to get on the Aprilia out there.

(In hindsight, I should have kept the Zixxer for what little I sold it for and turned it into a track bike here, but at the time I had no idea I couldn't get trackday insurance coverage in Ontario like I could in BC and planned to track the Tuono instead...)

Sold the Tuono privately here, and while it ended up going smoothly, there were a lot of time wasters. Nothing compared to selling guitar gear, though. As a bassist, selling guitar gear is second only to actually being in a band with a guitarist for reminding you of their flakiness...

So they are offering you $2500 MORE to buy it from you outright?

Ya I’m trying to figure this out…they paid MORE to just buy it outright instead of trading it in?
Sorry about that, it looks like I didn't phrase it correctly.

Let me provide an example using hypothetical numbers. I believe the value of my bike is around $6-7k. The dealership offered me $3,000 cash if I wanted to sell it outright, or a $3,500 credit if I preferred to trade it in for something from their inventory.

Sorry about that, it looks like I didn't phrase it correctly.

Let me provide an example using hypothetical numbers. I believe the value of my bike is around $6-7k. The dealership offered me $3,000 cash if I wanted to sell it outright, or a $3,500 credit if I preferred to trade it in for something from their inventory.
Thanks. That makes a whole lot more sense.

So at 3k less than what I’m expecting….thats $3500 for my bike….

I’ll pass and just keep the bike.
I completely understand the sentiment, "If I can't sell it for $XX I'll keep it and ride it!"

But the downside is that at some point you just don't WANT to ride it because you're just not into that bike anymore. So you stop riding as much, but keep your heels dug in about selling it.

If you don't like your car that much it really doesn't matter. You NEED your car, and as long as it reliably transports you and your stuff to and from the places you want to go you can live with it.

Riding a motorcycle take effort and desire. It's a PITA and comes with logistical limitations, but you do it because you enjoy it. Not only the actual motion and the experience of being somewhere on a MC but also the aspect of being on THAT motorcycle, and that aspect is particularly significant if the majority of your rides are relatively local and short in duration.

I'm all for making the best of what you've got, and I know first hand that addressing shortcomings on a bike to personalize it with appearance, performance or comfort modifications can really lessen, and maybe completely overcome many minor and even some major irritations (as with my KTM), but don't get stuck in the groove just because it's resale value has declined more than you think it should have.

And remember, your modifications and accessories are worthless to most people interested in buying it. Add them because it improves your experience but recognize that they're sunk costs for the most part.

I agree 100% with you @xrljoel.

However, I'm not in a financial position to just randomly add thousands of dollars to have a toy I use a handful of times per year. It's not going to happen, as I have other financial obligations...and I don't have my 'GTAM Baller' card in the mail yet.

So yes. I will hold it until I can sell it. I'd rather have a bike I'm not in love with to ride, then to have no bike.

If I sell it for a 3-4k lower amount than I bought for...I will not have a bike for the foreseeable future. It's not fair to my family, and it's just not something I'm prepared to do for a hobby.

Did not know this bike existed. CB1300
Screen Shot 2024-10-13 at Oct, 13    2024    1.33.56 PM.jpg
1300CC - can't image the pull of that. Low seat height. 21L tank. 256 kg
What a beaut. $6500 and he lives just near the top of the Gillies.
I find that a very attractive bike and rideable for me tho the weight is high it's not unreasonable given performance.
1728791150934.png
One of the flatter torque curves...basically roll on at 1800 rpm and hang on. 😍

Did not know this bike existed. CB1300
View attachment 70371
1300CC - can't image the pull of that. Low seat height. 21L tank. 256 kg
What a beaut. $6500 and he lives just near the top of the Gillies.
I find that a very attractive bike and rideable for me tho the weight is high it's not unreasonable given performance.
View attachment 70372
One of the flatter torque curves...basically roll on at 1800 rpm and hang on. 😍
I love those bikes. Buy it!

2012 Triumph Thruxton, 7500km, $4950. Tail tidy and an aftermarket headlight. In Mississauga.

b1c393fb8d7d9aefc519ce4c4936dc20.jpg

2012 Triumph Thruxton, 7500km, $4950. Tail tidy and an aftermarket headlight. In Mississauga.

b1c393fb8d7d9aefc519ce4c4936dc20.jpg
That's a lovely bike. Always had a thing for those in red.

My buddy used to have one and they're gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom