The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 416 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Thanks for that! Appreciate you taking the time.

I'll go forward with the DESMO because frankly if the bike doesn't sell...I'll just keep it. To me it's a hobby, not a lifestyle, and as a hobby I'm willing to put up with some inconveniences for the sake of it.

The bike is fantastic in the majority of the riding I do...except the long full day rides which happen 2-3 times/year...so basically the bike meets like 90% of my riding needs.

If it sells...great. If it doesn't...no big deal. But the service I want done simply for my own piece of mind because frankly...I don't know when/if it was actually done.

I can use a reader right now and reset it, and no one's the wiser. But I'm not that type of a$$hole.
I myself think you're right in getting the Desmo done,there are plenty of bikes for sale just before needing major service eg.Triumph street tripples.....Personally I wouldn't buy a bike before major service unless it was heavily discounted.
I used to ride a FJ 09 sweet engine, have you considered a Yamaha Tracer 900

I myself think you're right in getting the Desmo done,there are plenty of bikes for sale just before needing major service eg.Triumph street tripples.....Personally I wouldn't buy a bike before major service unless it was heavily discounted.
I used to ride a FJ 09 sweet engine, have you considered a Yamaha Tracer 900
I have yes thank you. I like the 700 simply for physical size. But the 900 is very nice.

When I was shopping for Scramblers I discounted any that couldn’t answer the question: when was last DESMO done? When is next DESMO due? Do you have receipts of the service?

Very few people could answer all 3. Let alone have the physical records.

Honestly... there's no perfect bike.

Are you happy with the power?
Seating position?
Weight?
Comfort?
Wind protection? Or lack there-of.

I'd put a rack on the back, with a rotopax mount; incase you get range induced paranoia.

Make it your own. Its always a compromise.

Since you're not on the position, or willing to go the N+1 route.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Power - yes
Seating - yes
Weight - yes
Comfort - 70% yes
Wind protection - 30% yes but I happened to grab a GIVI screen and hand guards so that may help

Has a rack, so rotopax is easily done.

The bike meets the majority of my needs. And it looks and sounds lovely.

Power - yes
Seating - yes
Weight - yes
Comfort - 70% yes
Wind protection - 30% yes but I happened to grab a GIVI screen and hand guards so that may help

Best bike for you is the one you already own. Its paid for!

The grass isn't always greener.

Eg. -A v-strom 650 is a boring utility tool. It works for some, but its not generally the bike you turn around to see one more time as you walk out of the garage. I think you'd get bored of that, as you did with the cb500x.

Best bike for you is the one you already own. Its paid for!

The grass isn't always greener.

Eg. -A v-strom 650 is a boring utility tool. It works for some, but its not generally the bike you turn around to see one more time as you walk out of the garage. I think you'd get bored of that, as you did with the cb500x.

Vstroms get as much love from their owners as any motorcycle. Maybe more… I know several that heave owned several in succession. I know almost nobody outside the HD religion that replace bikes with the same model.

Maybe we need a battle cry.

Vee-rah!

Power - yes
Seating - yes
Weight - yes
Comfort - 70% yes

Well, there is a larger, accessory tank option available from a European company, so you're not alone in your range dissatisfaction.

It's not cheap, but it might solve your range issue. Plus, it's unique and depending on your tastes; esthetically pleasing.

Well, there is a larger, accessory tank option available from a European company, so you're not alone in your range dissatisfaction.

It's not cheap, but it might solve your range issue. Plus, it's unique and depending on your tastes; esthetically pleasing.
Nice...but for 1000EUR...hard pass on that.

I don't think that's it. That looks like it replaces your 13.5L tank with an 8L tank. That is a big step in the wrong direction for you.

EDIT:
For <$200, here's a 6L aux tank with fittings to gravity feed main tank. Effectively 50% larger fuel tank. I would probably put a check valve in the line to help drive the gas to the main tank under braking as it looks like aux tank isn't very high compared to main tank.

That one is actually smaller. Only 8 litres!

The one that's bigger is a good bit more at roughly $4000 CAD plus tax and shipping, and requires a different seat:

Kit Basic Fuoriluogo

That one is actually smaller. Only 8 litres!

The one that's bigger is a good bit more at roughly $4000 CAD plus tax and shipping, and requires a different seat:

Kit Basic Fuoriluogo
Never mind. This one is actually the same size as the original, just shorter so you can sit further forward. Google didn't pull up any other obvious alternatives that fit the design of the bike, but I didn't look very hard...

Never mind. This one is actually the same size as the original, just shorter so you can sit further forward. Google didn't pull up any other obvious alternatives that fit the design of the bike, but I didn't look very hard...
Thanks for looking @Priller and @xrljoel.

If I'm ever crossing the country, or going up the JBR then it'll be a real issue. Now it's just more opportunity to stretch my legs more often.

I'll check into some Rotopax on the used market just for peace of mind for next season.

I'll stick with a Rotopax LoL Not like I'm crossing the world.

That will help overall range if you're worried about a lack of gas stations between destinations. If your problem is just having to stop and refill the tank every 200 kms, then any auxilliary fuel that doesn't feed your main tank won't change that. The Acerbis rear-mounted (mentioned above) is a good option if you can plumb it, otherwise they have smaller fork and bar-mounted ones too. The bar-mounted looks easiest to adapt to a street bike, and I've been considering one, but it's also the smallest at only 2L:

1729609126487.png

Back
Top Bottom