The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 402 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

It may be a good deal, but that bike is the epitome of boring.

The entire cb 500 platform is the white bread of motorcycling. That, and the 650 v-strom... easily forgettable bikes. If you want to pay attention to the scenery more than the machine, they're fine.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
100% agree as I’ve had the 500 F/Rebel/X and they’re great at what they do. Easy commute / ride. And they’re great at that!

It may be a good deal, but that bike is the epitome of boring.

The entire cb 500 platform is the white bread of motorcycling. That, and the 650 v-strom... easily forgettable bikes. If you want to pay attention to the scenery more than the machine, they're fine.

What do you think of the versys 650?

@PacoT

Its a punched out ninja 500 engine.

I'd say its worse than the sv650 derived v-strom engine.

Utilitarian design. As @mimico_polak said, good commuter. Boring as dry toast.

I suppose if you’re looking at a budget fun adv bike, best bet is a middleweight KTM?

which bikes were they? i sold my 2nd gen sv650 for what i paid for because everyone was selling it at a higher price at the beginning of the riding season.
A CB500f and my partner's v star 250. Ironically back in the day (2010), I sold my 2nd gen SV650, and got much less than what I paid. With any luck, I'll have a Ninja 1000 shortly, since the riding position in my current SV650x is too aggressive and not great on my neck and shoulders.

Mimico I think Vstrom 650 might be too top heavy for you especially with a full ( size large) tank.
What is your inseam?
I had three of them and enjoyed them but a few too many near drops. None of that with the CB500x.
VFR800 will give you more thrills and a lower seat height.
1721270262670.png
Tho more aggressive seating position. It was one bike I missed out on :(
1721271243207.png
Thrill for you.
first time the VTEC kicks in you'll have a BIG grin.

Last edited:
Mimico I think Vstrom 650 might be too top heavy for you especially with a full ( size large) tank.
What is your inseam?
I had three of them and enjoyed them but a few too many near drops. None of that with the CB500x.
I’m gonna go with 28”. I know the VSTROMS can have a lower seat fitted.

It’s a problem for future MP, not current MP.

They can also have a lowering kit which I had on one of mine but I have a 30" inseam and had boots with an extra inch ...
You could consider Milwaukee Trooper boots for an extra inch. Decent boots too. I have mine here tho I went with a slightly taller boot to protect my leg break.
1721274888830.png
Also you might consider the RE Shotgun ...even the stock seat is under 800 mm.
1721275458835.png

Last edited:
They can also have a lowering kit which I had on one of mine but I have a 30" inseam and had boots with an extra inch ...
You could consider Milwaukee Trooper boots for an extra inch. Decent boots too. I have mine here tho I went with a slightly taller boot to protect my leg break.
View attachment 68835
Also you might consider the RE Shotgun ...even the stock seat is under 800 mm.
View attachment 68836
Wondering what boot that is? I’m vertically challenged when it comes to my Africa twin.

That boot looks like it would work well for me

I’m gonna go with 28”. I know the VSTROMS can have a lower seat fitted.

It’s a problem for future MP, not current MP.
If you do get a Vstrom 11-16, I have a new in the box Suzuki OE short fella seat.

Will trade fro Lemoncello.

Back
Top Bottom