The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 400 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Does anyone know anyone who wants a white CBR125R? It's been dropped once or thrice but it's all there. Only 6,000 km or so.

Starts, runs, stops, but the left clip on handlebar thingy is bent. I've seen they cost $40. Might need another $20 for some cheap grips.
Tires aren't stellar but I think the standards for CBR125Rs aren't exactly great so overall I'd say it's pretty much what you'd expect for that bike from that age with those miles.

A friend was thinking of listing it for $800, or $1000 if I do the work.

Thought I'd mention it here in case it saves the parts/work/dealing with kijidiots.

Does anyone know anyone who wants a white CBR125R? It's been dropped once or thrice but it's all there. Only 6,000 km or so.

Starts, runs, stops, but the left clip on handlebar thingy is bent. I've seen they cost $40. Might need another $20 for some cheap grips.
Tires aren't stellar but I think the standards for CBR125Rs aren't exactly great so overall I'd say it's pretty much what you'd expect for that bike from that age with those miles.

A friend was thinking of listing it for $800, or $1000 if I do the work.

Thought I'd mention it here in case it saves the parts/work/dealing with kijidiots.

I might know someone. Please send me some more details/pics.

I might know someone. Please send me some more details/pics.

In a perfect world, we would all pitch in to buy it as the official GTAM M2/M road test bike for any GTAM member who needs it. It would look good parked in the GTAM clubhouse. For insurance purposes, it could be sold for $1 and then sold on to the next person who needed it. Too bad in the real world someone would just end up flipping it to make a buck.

One of the reasons I want one isn't even for the motorcycle. It's a fantastic work table. Long, wide, and adjustable height. Great for a myriad of work to be done around the house (along with motorcycle maintenance).
The only problem when then is storing them when not in use.

In a perfect world, we would all pitch in to buy it as the official GTAM M2/M road test bike for any GTAM member who needs it. It would look good parked in the GTAM clubhouse. For insurance purposes, it could be sold for $1 and then sold on to the next person who needed it. Too bad in the real world someone would just end up flipping it to make a buck.

I mean, wouldn't everyone one be flipping it to make 1 buck? lol

The only problem when then is storing them when not in use.

Goes inside the GTAM clubhouse?

2007 Bandit 650 $2600 Looks stock except crash bars

441973691_429678403226405_715071904883121947_n.jpg

Maybe a solution could be asking for a deposit of around 1k-2k? So, if the bike doesn't come around, it can be replaced

I can't believe a week ago today I was coming back from 20 days riding in Italy.

Since then....

I helped do a motorcycle purchase/delivery with @Relax , and @FullMotoJacket helped do the same for me!

Both guys were great dudes and very easy to deal with. Both bikes were very reasonably priced and there was no haggling on price either way. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone deal with either of these guys, they're good motorcycle people 👍🏻

Crazy first week back! Looking forward to getting a little high and doing nothing but my woman tonight. Happy long weekend folks. Ride safe!

Adrian

I need help guys! Looking to get a tourer on the cheap. Full back seat, bags and everything.

2010 Kawasaki Voyager with 65,000 km. Tires "new" at 4 years, so expecting to replace those in 2 seasons maybe. Looks clean though.

Is this worth it for $6500 certified?

I think the market for people wanting a 1700cc motorcycle is tiny.
I think the market for people wanting a motorcycle with 65,000 km is tiny.
I think the market for people wanting a 1700cc motorcycle with 65,000 km is tiny.

Offer him $3,500. Who the eff else is he gonna sell it to?!
And more importantly, if you want to sell it in a year or two, who the eff is going to want to buy it from you?

I think the market for people wanting a 1700cc motorcycle is tiny.
I think the market for people wanting a motorcycle with 65,000 km is tiny.
I think the market for people wanting a 1700cc motorcycle with 65,000 km is tiny.

Offer him $3,500. Who the eff else is he gonna sell it to?!
And more importantly, if you want to sell it in a year or two, who the eff is going to want to buy it from you?
Do you buy something to ride it or to sell it ? If the former is the answer buy it, if the latter is the answer move along.

I need help guys! Looking to get a tourer on the cheap. Full back seat, bags and everything.

2010 Kawasaki Voyager with 65,000 km. Tires "new" at 4 years, so expecting to replace those in 2 seasons maybe. Looks clean though.

Is this worth it for $6500 certified?

I’m with @adri on this one. Low ball to hell. Not a big market for this age / km / price.

Also, consider it could be a ‘look honey no one wants to buy my bike! Guess I gotta keep it!’ Price.

Do you buy something to ride it or to sell it ? If the former is the answer buy it, if the latter is the answer move along.

I buy something to use it, but I have to be able to both afford to buy it, and afford what I may lose when I sell it.

****, my truck is old enough to have it's own license and it has 325,000 km. I could afford to buy a way newer one, but I can't afford all the depreciation I'd lose when I sell it, so I stick with what I got.

But to bring it back to what Jay asked, his question wasn't if he should buy it or not. His question was "Is this worth it for $6500 certified?"

I pointed out that the market for that model is tiny, and the market for high mileage motorcycles is tiny, so the market for that model is tiny because a product's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If seller can't find a buyer out in the boonies for his high mileage low demand bike, than his product isn't worth anything, let alone $6,500.

I think even $3,500 is generous for that thing. The insurance alone is going to be close to $2,000/yr. You could buy such nicer bikes for $6.5k and put the $1,000/yr you'd be saving on insurance towards funding your road trips.

Reactions: TK4
I buy something to use it, but I have to be able to both afford to buy it, and afford what I may lose when I sell it.

****, my truck is old enough to have it's own license and it has 325,000 km. I could afford to buy a way newer one, but I can't afford all the depreciation I'd lose when I sell it, so I stick with what I got.

I completely agree with your first 2 paragraphs/sentences. Resale value is actually the first thing I think of when buying anything. I don't mind losing a little on depreciation, but I've somehow been able to sell almost every motorcycle I've owned over the past 40 years for at least what I paid for it, if not more. My cars have been the opposite, but they're more necessities than toys. And lately I've been driving them into the ground, so 100% depreciation in some cases, but at least not 100% of MSRP.

Back
Top Bottom