The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 371 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Picked it up for 4500$.

Needs new tires (still had original tires from 2010, with vent spews), only 1200 km.

Pretty much brand spanking new.

Oil change was done few weeks back, no rust in tank.

Overall very Happy with it.

P.s. I think I am turning into a Triumph fan; having owned only Honda and Kawi till now, build quality on Triumphs looks next level.

Picked it up for 4500$.

Needs new tires (still had original tires from 2010, with vent spews), only 1200 km.

P.s. I think I am turning into a Triumph fan; having owned only Honda and Kawi till now, build quality on Triumphs looks next level.
Nice congrats! She’s a beaut!

That’s a smoking deal!

Picked it up for 4500$.

very different than the zx6, congrats!

Picked it up for 4500$.

Congrats.

Probably not the right place for this, but why not. Bought an old metal bandsaw off Marketplace today, when I picked it up I noticed a few kickstand dents in the driveway.

Joked about it, the old feller said he had an old Norton in he garage, asked me if I'd like to see it. Pops the door and I see a pristine Commando, a 67 Nova SS, a bobbed 66 SX650... then I spied a perfect RG500.

None for sale, but it made my day.

Check out the trunk on this thing.

View attachment 63855

View attachment 63856

View attachment 63857
Nice old Vetter trunk.

If @mimico_polak buys this, I can toss him a period correct Vetter touring fairing, complete with windshield, lowers and an am/FM 8track console.

Would be the coolest Vstrom retromod around

Picked it up for 4500$.

Rode it back today from Orangeville via Belfountain.

It was chilly , I was fully layered up. But otherwise a beautiful day for a ride.

My initial impressions after 100 km first ride.

1) a very smooth engine, (maybe too smooth , I was looking for a bit more "character")

2 ) Absolutely gorgeous.

3) The suspension is very stiff, not comfortable on bumpy roads.

4) No storage option, I will have to carry papers in my jacket every time I go for a ride.

5) Not liking the fact it has separate keys for ignition and steering lock. The second key keeps hitting the left fork since the ignition is sideways on the left fork.

6) Nothing but speedo on the cluster.
Which is a good thing because I was actually enjoying the ride and scenery , instead of constantly looking at revs , gas gauge etc, like on my ninja

7) stock exhaust actually sounds pretty good, bit throaty without being too loud.

Overall, a great bike and purchase. She is a keeper.
1d832f02ecc73b99a8794443a1d41314.jpg
c158487fac36f4e9f02fd606f958622c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Rode it back today from Orangeville via Belfountain.

It was chilly , I was fully layered up. But otherwise a beautiful day for a ride.

My initial impressions after 100 km first ride.

1) a very smooth engine, (maybe too smooth , I was looking for a bit more "character")

2 ) Absolutely gorgeous.

3) The suspension is very stiff, not comfortable on bumpy roads.

4) No storage option, I will have to carry papers in my jacket every time I go for a ride.

5) Not liking the fact it has separate keys for ignition and steering lock. The second key keeps hitting the left fork since the ignition is sideways on the left fork.

6) Nothing but speedo on the cluster.
Which is a good thing because I was actually enjoying the ride and scenery , instead of constantly looking at revs , gas gauge etc, like on my ninja

7) stock exhaust actually sounds pretty good, bit throaty without being too loud.

Overall, a great bike and purchase. She is a keeper.
1d832f02ecc73b99a8794443a1d41314.jpg
c158487fac36f4e9f02fd606f958622c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I have the same bike.

Re: your papers
Just photocopy your ownership, and stick it with your insurance slip in a ziplock bag, and then duct tape the bag to the underside of the seat, as you do with any motorcycle, so you don't have to carry papers in your pocket.

Re: suspension
Yes, even when they were new they were garbage. They have only gotten more garbage.

Congrats, Norco.
Just curious, are the blued/yellow headers common or could it be too much heat from running lean?

Back
Top Bottom