The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 369 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

The friend's SO gave the approval to purchase it, I'm just scared that it might be a money pit.
He says hes got maintenance records, ask for them, if it starts, stops and runs, Id politely offer half of what hes asking,
with that many miles, no one is buying it from him and its almost winter time. Doesnt hurt to try

Ad says it needs desmo, maybe you'll get lucky and a friendly gtam ducatisti will help you out with the desmo service?
if not, budget at least a grand for the special italian service.

If its even halfway reliable though, its a lot of awesome bike for not a lot of money.

The friend's SO gave the approval to purchase it, I'm just scared that it might be a money pit.
It could be…or it could be the sweetest bike your friend ever buys…

I told my cousin about it but he got scared of the kms.

How many headaches would a 70k+ kms Multistrada might create? Asking for a friend

No more than a 70k+ km 998 that's 21 years old. Which is very little, at least in my experience. Other than regular maintenance and wear/tear items, I've had to replace a TPS sensor (25k, $100), a plastic fuel line quick connector (45k, $10), and a coolant expansion tank at (60k, $80).

No more than a 70k+ km 998 that's 21 years old. Which is very little, at least in my experience. Other than regular maintenance and wear/tear items, I've had to replace a TPS sensor (25k, $100), a plastic fuel line quick connector (45k, $10), and a coolant expansion tank at (60k, $80).
On second thought, I know nothing about the electronic Ohlins suspension, so if it stops working I have no idea if it becomes a wet noodle or if it retains the current settings. The motor being 1198 shouldn't have any of the 1098 problems.

He says hes got maintenance records, ask for them, if it starts, stops and runs, Id politely offer half of what hes asking,
with that many miles, no one is buying it from him and its almost winter time. Doesnt hurt to try

Ad says it needs desmo, maybe you'll get lucky and a friendly gtam ducatisti will help you out with the desmo service?
if not, budget at least a grand for the special italian service.

If its even halfway reliable though, its a lot of awesome bike for not a lot of money.
Thanks. I've called Ken's Motorworks and it would be around $1.3k for the desmo service.

I might go and check it in the afternoon.

Thanks for the feedback. I stayed up all night trying to read as much of the main issues these bikes can have.

Thanks. I've called Ken's Motorworks and it would be around $1.3k for the desmo service.

Thanks for the feedback. I stayed up all night trying to read as much of the main issues these bikes can have.
does this mean the tiger 660 will be sold soon?

Still available. Did you go and see it?
Awesome bikes.

KTM 200 $5200. is new, 1km
sure looks better than a yamaha electric moped for 5 large..

anyone else like this thing? anyone here ride one? thoughts?

Its a sleeved down 390 duke.

It runs real hot at low speeds.

I've got alot of seat time on the 200, and some on a 390.

I'd steer clear of the 200. The 390 has enough punch to be entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Still available. Did you go and see it?
Awesome bikes.
Yes, I did. Awesome guy, I had a nice chat with him. He even let me take it for a ride. It was so comfortable compared to my Tiger 660, I also felt that it was a little bit shaky on the seat, but I'm guessing it might be because of v-twin (L-twin or whatever the Testastretta is) and me being used to my triple.

We agreed on a price with the condition for him to provide the maintenance records. At the time, he didn't have them (I'm not sure if the 1st owner didn't give them to him), but he was trying to get them from the shops. Unfortunately, he couldn't get a copy of the records, and I told him that it was above my risk level without the records, and was better for him to move with the next buyer.

In the end, I mentioned to him if things don't work out with the next buyer and he is willing to lower the price I'm interested in the bike.

He is at 3 grand, advertised. My bad.... 3000 of is not the selling price.
What did you offer?
I would do Desmo sevrice anyways. You are still at a great price getting the maintenance up to date.

Yes, I did. Awesome guy, I had a nice chat with him. He even let me take it for a ride. It was so comfortable compared to my Tiger 660, I also felt that it was a little bit shaky on the seat, but I'm guessing it might be because of v-twin (L-twin or whatever the Testastretta is) and me being used to my triple.

We agreed on a price with the condition for him to provide the maintenance records. At the time, he didn't have them (I'm not sure if the 1st owner didn't give them to him), but he was trying to get them from the shops. Unfortunately, he couldn't get a copy of the records, and I told him that it was above my risk level without the records, and was better for him to move with the next buyer.

In the end, I mentioned to him if things don't work out with the next buyer and he is willing to lower the price I'm interested in the bike.

Where did the original owner service it? When I was researching my Hyperstrada, GP Bikes gave me a hard time just confirming that there were no outstanding recalls and that the scheduled services were done on time until the original owner emailed them to tell them it was OK. Then after I bought it, I was at GP in person talking to the Service Department about potentially bringing the bike in for the next service, and they offered to print up the complete history for me, no questions asked. So the current owner shouldn't have a problem, but it could be the difference between who he spoke to as some are more strict than others.

Back
Top Bottom