The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 370 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Where did the original owner service it? When I was researching my Hyperstrada, GP Bikes gave me a hard time just confirming that there were no outstanding recalls and that the scheduled services were done on time until the original owner emailed them to tell them it was OK. Then after I bought it, I was at GP in person talking to the Service Department about potentially bringing the bike in for the next service, and they offered to print up the complete history for me, no questions asked. So the current owner shouldn't have a problem, but it could be the difference between who he spoke to as some are more strict than others.
Similar experience. I bought a Duc from GP and they were hesitant to give me the service history claiming it was confidential but I found out the bike was serviced previously at a Toronto Ducati dealer and I called them up and they gave me all the background service.

He is at 3 grand, advertised. My bad.... 3000 of is not the selling price.
What did you offer?
I would do Desmo sevrice anyways. You are still at a great price getting the maintenance up to date.
I also thought he was asking for $3k total the first time I read the posting description.

The owner told me the price was firm. I think it's a fair price for that motorcycle if it has been properly maintained, even considering that I need to do the due Desmo service (and possibly service the forks because I think I saw a trace of them leaking). When he informed me that he couldn't get a copy of the records, I didn't give an exact amount, but I did say that if he was willing to lower the price, do not hesitate to contact me because I'm interested.

The thing is that, in my younger years, I purchased used "enthusiast" cars/motorcycles for the rush of having something "nice." Fortunately, at those times, I had "Bank of Dad" to bail me out when something was highly costly. Now, I'm trying to think with my head instead of my heart, be a responsible "adult," and not make similar mistakes (which I'm finding hard).

Where did the original owner service it? When I was researching my Hyperstrada, GP Bikes gave me a hard time just confirming that there were no outstanding recalls and that the scheduled services were done on time until the original owner emailed them to tell them it was OK. Then after I bought it, I was at GP in person talking to the Service Department about potentially bringing the bike in for the next service, and they offered to print up the complete history for me, no questions asked. So the current owner shouldn't have a problem, but it could be the difference between who he spoke to as some are more strict than others.

Similar experience. I bought a Duc from GP and they were hesitant to give me the service history claiming it was confidential but I found out the bike was serviced previously at a Toronto Ducati dealer and I called them up and they gave me all the background service.
The current owner told me that any previous maintenance was done by the first owner at Pro6 Cycle and GPBikes. He has put around 5,000 km to the motorcycle and only changed the chain and tires (if I remember correctly).

I called GP, thinking that maybe they didn't want to spend time(money) digging for the records, so I was willing to pay an "admin fee" for their time. But GP's answer was the same thing as both of you mentioned, "for privacy reasons to protect the information of the owner who paid for the service, we cannot disclose those records unless that same owner gets in touch with us."

The last thing he mentioned is that he may go to GP in person to ask for those documents, but there has been no news from him.

I would be lying to all of you if I told you I don't want to own that motorcycle.

I also thought he was asking for $3k total the first time I read the posting description.

The owner told me the price was firm. I think it's a fair price for that motorcycle if it has been properly maintained, even considering that I need to do the due Desmo service (and possibly service the forks because I think I saw a trace of them leaking). When he informed me that he couldn't get a copy of the records, I didn't give an exact amount, but I did say that if he was willing to lower the price, do not hesitate to contact me because I'm interested.

The thing is that, in my younger years, I purchased used "enthusiast" cars/motorcycles for the rush of having something "nice." Fortunately, at those times, I had "Bank of Dad" to bail me out when something was highly costly. Now, I'm trying to think with my head instead of my heart, be a responsible "adult," and not make similar mistakes (which I'm finding hard).

The current owner told me that any previous maintenance was done by the first owner at Pro6 Cycle and GPBikes. He has put around 5,000 km to the motorcycle and only changed the chain and tires (if I remember correctly).

I called GP, thinking that maybe they didn't want to spend time(money) digging for the records, so I was willing to pay an "admin fee" for their time. But GP's answer was the same thing as both of you mentioned, "for privacy reasons to protect the information of the owner who paid for the service, we cannot disclose those records unless that same owner gets in touch with us."

The last thing he mentioned is that he may go to GP in person to ask for those documents, but there has been no news from him.

I would be lying to all of you if I told you I don't want to own that motorcycle.

Same bike with half the mileage, major service just done, and comes with the GPS. Offer $4500-5000 and you'd have the same bike with half the mileage for the price of the other one + the service cost. Just an option for you.

I don't what these are but look really cool.
$3500, and $4300.

Ryan F9 did an interesting review of the Pacific Coast. A bike designed by car designers.

Not for me, but they have their fans.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I don't what these are but look really cool.

My buddy hated those things. First half hour of any service was removing bodywork. Add another 15 min. of cursing to the half hour to put it all back on.

Last edited:
Nice bike. Congrats.

Is this the last year of production for this bike?

I am interested in this one, what say, reasonably priced or not?

As a start, does it have 11 year old rubber on it? Since he doesn't say new tires, I suspect yes. Has this thing even had an oil change? I would definitely be trying to get some idea on how well it has been treated.

I am interested in this one, what say, reasonably priced or not?

I would say go for it! Maybe try to bargain a bit cause it probably does need new tires and fluids, but otherwise it is basically a brand new bike.

Back
Top Bottom