The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 373 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

With 3 kids in the house...I just don't have the time in all honesty.

Although this year was an outlier in that with the renovations, kids, and family obligations I got a grand total of 1500km done...So doesn't make sense.

I'm tempted to just keep it, and then see how much time I find. Plus the existential thread I started a while back has me spooked from riding considering the sheer volume of accidents and leaving my wife and kids to fend for themselves.
Understandable.
Keep it in your garage, hooked to a tender, for occasional ride or two.
If you plan to sell, do it in spring.

Sorry, when I said "no different", I meant in terms of quality.
Yeah they all poop. I'll post a thread if I manage to get the RFY's dialed in right. Right now they are equally poop at absorbing the impact from potholes, however when I go over bumps at highway speeds they don't try to launch me to the moon the way OEM do, so, sad to say, these $110 amazon shocks are, for the moment, already better than Triumph factory original... I don't know if I should be happy about this or angry lol.

Also I went up 10mm to the standard Bonneville length shocks (320mm --> 330 mm) and it's a nice improvement. If I do pony up more money for good shocks in the spring, I'll do the 10mm extra once again.

Now THAT's character - needing a tool to access your onboard toolkit.

It doesn't take much time to grab the papers out of one jacket and put them into the other. I have to do the same for my driver's license anyways.

LMAO.

My driver's license stays in my wallet, which is never hard to find because I only wear the same two pairs of pants lol

Asking for a friend…

What’s a reasonable price for a 2019 Ducati Scrambler with 23k on it, and about 2k worth of options?

Listed for 9k and zero hits….taken off market until April.
You know 2K of options is 0 dollar in resale.
If you are within 1K of dealer price, you are way too high for private.
Extra parts mean little and only to a few buyers.
The reality of the scrambler market is that Ducati guys do not like them. Assembled in Thailand. Doesn't make it a bad bike. Just reduces who will buy it.

You know 2K of options is 0 dollar in resale.
If you are within 1K of dealer price, you are way too high for private.
Extra parts mean little and only to a few buyers.
The reality of the scrambler market is that Ducati guys do not like them. Assembled in Thailand. Doesn't make it a bad bike. Just reduces who will buy it.
I’m going for the hipster crowd. That’s the target market.

Distinguished Gentlemen something something…

Hoping to get 8k for it in all honesty.

A bit of a rat and a bit of a rarity. If someone was looking for a long term restoration project you could likely do worse ?

I’m going for the hipster crowd. That’s the target market.

Distinguished Gentlemen something something…

Hoping to get 8k for it in all honesty.
List it for $8K, have a UVIP and hold firm. $8k seems like a fair price... unless it has a 'dropped by last owner' disclaimer.

Funny story. He actually has a video of that happening. Tipover at a stop sign.
Probably the only bike being sold EVER with such a disclaimer and video proof to back it up.

At least the seller was kind enough to point it out, and post the video to her FB feed.
You know stuff like that actually makes me respect the sellers integrity more and gives me a better feeling that there's not hidden issues that they won't tell you about because let's face it the unknown is the worst part about buying used (unless the warranty is still intact).

Where do you guys store tools?

Now THAT's character - needing a tool to access your onboard toolkit.

Here is the generous tool kit provided by the factory for the air cooled, 865cc, EFI Triumphs:

IMG_20231025_161951586.jpg

One measly 5mm Allen wrench, specifically intented to remove the seat. Of course, in order to access the tool, one must use their own screwdriver or coin to remove the side panel.

IMG_20231025_163336956.jpg

Rode it back today from Orangeville via Belfountain.

It was chilly , I was fully layered up. But otherwise a beautiful day for a ride.

My initial impressions after 100 km first ride.

1) a very smooth engine, (maybe too smooth , I was looking for a bit more "character")

2 ) Absolutely gorgeous.

3) The suspension is very stiff, not comfortable on bumpy roads.

4) No storage option, I will have to carry papers in my jacket every time I go for a ride.

5) Not liking the fact it has separate keys for ignition and steering lock. The second key keeps hitting the left fork since the ignition is sideways on the left fork.

6) Nothing but speedo on the cluster.
Which is a good thing because I was actually enjoying the ride and scenery , instead of constantly looking at revs , gas gauge etc, like on my ninja

7) stock exhaust actually sounds pretty good, bit throaty without being too loud.

Overall, a great bike and purchase. She is a keeper.
1d832f02ecc73b99a8794443a1d41314.jpg
c158487fac36f4e9f02fd606f958622c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Congrats I’m sure you’ll love her

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

@Norcorider regarding the stiff suspension, before spending $ there, ensure new tires that aren't very old and dry/stiff won't solve the problem. Also, if you haven't already, check the pressures and drop it a couple PSI off recommended ... will help.

Back
Top Bottom