The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 375 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

That's also because more people bought the 650. More accidents on the 650. Less on the 1000.

My buddy had the same thing when he went from an sv650 to an sv1000. In some cases, due to model specific accident history, the 650 is more $$.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Yup. Got a Moto Guzzi V7, a Triumph Bonneville, and a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 for doing some comparison content on.

They're all worth about the same on resale value but the interceptor makes half the horsepower, 2/3 the torque, and 2/3 the displacement of my Bonneville.... But only costs 80 cents less per month.

The V7 which has displacement and power between the two, is the cheapest of them all.

All three are less expensive to insure than the quotes I was given for a Honda Grom.

Noobs **** up insurance rates for common bikes.

Yup. Got a Moto Guzzi V7, a Triumph Bonneville, and a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 for doing some comparison content on.

They're all worth about the same on resale value but the interceptor makes half the horsepower, 2/3 the torque, and 2/3 the displacement of my Bonneville.... But only costs 80 cents less per month.

The V7 which has displacement and power between the two, is the cheapest of them all.

All three are less expensive to insure than the quotes I was given for a Honda Grom.

Noobs **** up insurance rates for common bikes.
My Aprilia tuono v4rr was cheaper for full coverage than my 1998 Honda vtr1000f...

Squids don't buy or crash Tuonos.

The vtr isn't classified as a Supersport, but is a sport bike for insurance companies. It was a cheap enough mass produced bike with a production run of 7 years (98'-05').

Guess it got crashed more often.

100hp vtr.

170hp Tuono...

Gonna buy a Tuono. If the missus is like "Where did this bike come from?" I'll tell her it's to save me money on insurance.

Will report back with an update later.
That bike is so capable, it feels like a disservice to not regularly track it or take it to better roads in the Appalachia

That's also because more people bought the 650. More accidents on the 650. Less on the 1000.

My buddy had the same thing when he went from an sv650 to an sv1000. In some cases, due to model specific accident history, the 650 is more $$.

That may be true, but it shouldn't be the whole story. You'd think the rates would be based on claims *per insured rider* on a given bike. Now it may be likely that more inexperienced riders are on the 650, but they should be controlling for that as well.

That may be true, but it shouldn't be the whole story. You'd think the rates would be based on claims *per insured rider* on a given bike. Now it may be likely that more inexperienced riders are on the 650, but they should be controlling for that as well.
Sadly, the way the insurance actuaries predict the chances of needing to payout is based a lot on history. Kind of like sports betting odds.

If you have enough bikes the Squeeze won't always notice another one.....
Maybe not, but if I get another I’m sure she’ll notice the extra garage.

Garage space there's the true rub!

Maybe not, but if I get another I’m sure she’ll notice the extra garage.
If you make it longer instead of wider, you have better luck. A friend has a detached garage 24' wide and it looks like a normal two car garage from the road. It is 70' deep.

Reactions: LBV
That's not how bikes work in Ontario they can't be bothered so they just throw darts and base on cc or a particular group they might be high risk.

Sent from the future

Some insurers may do that after the fact, but they all start by looking at the historical claims to assess the risk. If it was solely based on cc and grouping, then every bike in the same class with the same engine size would be the same price but they aren't. Besides, who classifies the bikes as sport, sport-touring, or touring anyways? The Tuono is just an RSV4 with handlebars, yet it's much cheaper to insure. But this won't last long - squids are learning to buy a Tuono and convert to clip-ons.

If you have enough bikes the Squeeze won't always notice another one.....

In that case, going to buy THREE Tuonos.

If the missus does notice, I'll tell her it's to save me money on insurance.

If she's like "Okay, but why do you get three of them?" I'll tell her that's how invested I am in our happiness together.

Usually at this point she just sighs, says "I'm going inside" and leaves...

Back
Top Bottom