The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 347 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Yeah. There was a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding in that whole thing. In the video, Kid argues that redline should be ok as he bought a Hyundai race car. That argument might hold water. Hyundai found he exceeded redline in which case Hyundai is in the clear. It's a standard so it's easy enough to go over if you're an idiot (especially if you think the warranty you bought is bulletproof). Kind of hard to exceed redline while doing drag runs though unless you are a complete dunce or disabled the limiter. It's a lot easier on a road course.
If he was smart he would've never ever stated that he went to a race track with the car. IIRC every warranty states something along the lines of 'use on track will void warranty'.

IIRC correctly the GTR had a GPS that would flag to Nissan if an owner went to a track...but it's been years.

If he was smart he would've never ever stated that he went to a race track with the car. IIRC every warranty states something along the lines of 'use on track will void warranty'.

IIRC correctly the GTR had a GPS that would flag to Nissan if an owner went to a track...but it's been years.
Dumb.

They are race or race spec cars. If you took an r1 to the track and they voided it because it was tracked would you just concede the point?

The stuff people just accept boggles the mind.

That being said, read the fine print. 🙂

Wasn't sure where to post it....

TLDR: Guy buys used Elantra N, takes it to the track multiple times, and then is shocked when Hyundai denies warranty on a new engine as the ECU recorded him exceeding red line multiple times...
I threw sugar in the gas tank and then drove it, but it didn't fail when I threw the sugar in the tank. The manufacturer needs to repair it!!!!!!!

Makes about as much sense. If this guy wants to be a mechanic, he better educate himself on excessive wear, topping out pistons, etc..

I threw sugar in the gas tank and then drove it, but it didn't fail when I threw the sugar in the tank. The manufacturer needs to repair it!!!!!!!

Makes about as much sense. If this guy wants to be a mechanic, he better educate himself on excessive wear, topping out pistons, etc..
Agreed...I'm sure that the Corvette, Lambos, Ferraris, GR86 and every other 'sporty' car has the exact same limitations on their warranty.

Read the warranty, and if you understand it and still break it...don't be dumb by pointing out that you willingly and knowingly broke the warranty conditions...and then cry 'poor me' to the manufacturer.

Agreed...I'm sure that the Corvette, Lambos, Ferraris, GR86 and every other 'sporty' car has the exact same limitations on their warranty.

Read the warranty, and if you understand it and still break it...don't be dumb by pointing out that you willingly and knowingly broke the warranty conditions...and then cry 'poor me' to the manufacturer.
I occasionally get the same sort of response as the one from this guy, when a client spills their drink on their laptop's keyboard or tries walking away with it, while it's still plugged into power.

Repeat after me: Physical. Damage. Is. Not. Covered. By. Warranty.

Wasn't sure where to post it....

TLDR: Guy buys used Elantra N, takes it to the track multiple times, and then is shocked when Hyundai denies warranty on a new engine as the ECU recorded him exceeding red line multiple times...
Like when Onstar reports the data of your collision and the GPS says it's at a track.

Like when Onstar reports the data of your collision and the GPS says it's at a track.
More than once someone has crashed at a trackday, loaded their bike up on a pickup, and dumped it on the road.

Sometimes the idiots even brag about it.

More than once someone has crashed at a trackday, loaded their bike up on a pickup, and dumped it on the road.

Sometimes the idiots even brag about it.
A cousin in Manitoba wrecked the family car in a rural ditch, walked back to town and reported the car stolen. It was -30°. Police checked the local hospital and found they had just treated him and his passenger for frostbite.

Didn't go well after that.

77 yo in a Corolla apparently turns left on red and mows down an entire family.

"A 45-year-old man, a four-year-old girl, one-year-old girl and a one-month-old boy were all taken to hospital. The extent of their injuries was not known. A 39-year-old woman was also transported to hospital via emergency run with injuries that were said to be life-threatening."

• Sad
Reactions: TK4
77 yo in a Corolla apparently turns left on red and mows down an entire family.

"A 45-year-old man, a four-year-old girl, one-year-old girl and a one-month-old boy were all taken to hospital. The extent of their injuries was not known. A 39-year-old woman was also transported to hospital via emergency run with injuries that were said to be life-threatening."
Medical issue ? Gotta wonder.

As they were crossing Islington and he was turning onto Islington...

Could be the dumbass delayed green, you know...make sure the pedestrians are in the middle of the intersection before unleashing the cars... Could also be directional greens...

As they were crossing Islington and he was turning onto Islington...

Could be the dumbass delayed green, you know...make sure the pedestrians are in the middle of the intersection before unleashing the cars... Could also be directional greens...
Those advanced walk signals do trouble me. Given my walking speed they tee me up, pretty much perfectly, for a left turner to take me out.

Back
Top Bottom