Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 237 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Good so far - riveting and well edited docu and even Bush part of it..

Hearing Bush and Cheny and others narrate their experiences very good.

The latest instalment of the Godzilla / Kong franchise - it’s meh. They’ve really given up on the storylines and just let the monsters fight. Which I am sort of ok with

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

This is well done docu on tsunamis...no trailer I could find
https://curiositystream.com/title/video/3321

Some incredible video ...one city hit only 2 minutes after the earthquake......stay off the shaky coast. :oops:
If the Cascade fault on west coast N America goes there will be very little time to get away.
on prime
That was really good ..learned a bunch and glad we are mostly away from a tsunami threat tho not entirely given the Ring of Fire just north of us and to a degree from New Zealand.
1720328173077.png
I think the house is high enough above sea level it would have to be a very large tsunami and we do have hills to get to very close by. 6 meters...and the house is a meter off the ground on posts.

Last edited:
really good (y) two of my fav actors...Jackie Chan incredible for his 63 year old age.
I enjoyed that one as well.

Beverly Hills Cop - Axel F is a fun watch. If you like the originals you’ll enjoy this one.

Do not repeat do not bother with "Leave the world behind" a movie with Julia Roberts and Ethan Hawke.
It just plods along to an end that resolves nothing.

Recently rewatched this with my son because he had never seen it. If you havn't seen the original with Henry Fonda it's well worth a watch

Great movie. In contention for my #3 movie of all time, behind "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and "forbidden Planet." I think I'll give it another watch, on Tubi.

If you are in retro mode try Best Years of Our Lives.
In my top 10 for sure..
It won EVERYTHING for the era
The film was a critical and commercial success. It won seven Academy Awards: Best Picture, Best Director (William Wyler), Best Actor (Fredric March), Best Supporting Actor (Harold Russell), Best Film Editing (Daniel Mandell), Best Adapted Screenplay (Robert E. Sherwood), and Best Original Score (Hugo Friedhofer).

I do hope movies don't go the way of the music with everything good from 80s and earlier. 😏
••••••
One of my fav actors and gone way too soon to drugs...
i recall seeing him in Twister up against two of my other fav actors was and just blown away.
•••

Twenty-five year old Anne Francis was quite the babe.

Best "babe in recent times for me was Prime Suspect 1973 lead Stefanie Martini - astonishing eyes.
1720400631679.png

Of course Helen Mirren lead in the original was a dish at the time.
Speaking of dishes....Wanted Man has a quite a few....Rachel McAdams just glows.
1720421698644.png

Last edited:

I've been to Arnheim Land. Amazing how far they can throw those spears.
Gold miners found out...so did we...luckily just a demonstration.
There are no alligators in Australia. :rolleyes:

Kakadu is primordial...been there twice - one of the all time hilights of my Australian experience
Fantastic 4k feed √
the flies don't bite btw....just drive you batty.

Fatal Shore ( the book ) still haunting then and now.

Last edited:
Well movie length :sneaky:,,,home town Cairns to Darwin
Partner did this in her Hilux with a canoe on top a good few decades ago.
Cinema verité indeed.

I've not been to the Kimberleys...want to go.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom