Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 342 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 49.5%

• Total voters
That's one hell of a hard place to be in. You could be killed if you do nothing. You could kill an innocent kid if you act. There's no good choice.
I hate these. All of it could have been avoided by just complying.
Now he's dead and the kid will only remember that his Uncle was shot by police. Not that he was a POS.

I have a motorbike-related police story.

Way back in the '90s, I was in my twenties and riding on a country road in the GTA. I was speeding, but not an insane amount, like 80-90 in a 60km zone. Not a race bike, just my '83 Virago 500. Suddenly this cop jumps out of the bushes and stands in the middle of the road in front of me. Not in a car, but standing in the road with his hand out in front of him in a "stop" gesture.

I had to brake really hard and actually skidded to a stop a few feet in front of him, the bike turning sideways a bit, no joke. It just seemed so stupid and kind of macho, putting both himself and me at risk like that. I still can't believe it, looking back. He gave me a ticket and sent me on my way. It didn't even seem like there was a cop car anywhere around, was really weird.

I have a motorbike-related police story.

Way back in the '90s, I was in my twenties and riding on a country road in the GTA. I was speeding, but not an insane amount, like 80-90 in a 60km zone. Not a race bike, just my '83 Virago 500. Suddenly this cop jumps out of the bushes and stands in the middle of the road in front of me. Not in a car, but standing in the road with his hand out in front of him in a "stop" gesture.

I had to brake really hard and actually skidded to a stop a few feet in front of him, the bike turning sideways a bit, no joke. It just seemed so stupid and kind of macho, putting both himself and me at risk like that. I still can't believe it, looking back. He gave me a ticket and sent me on my way. It didn't even seem like there was a cop car anywhere around, was really weird.
Many years ago, UK. A police office jumped out and the police officer killed. True story, don`t know.

Cameras typically distort distances and in this case makes it look like the woman is farther away than she really is. I'm guessing they are eight to ten feet apart with a counter in between.

While the threat of a face full of boiling water is scary the officer has confirmed by his dialogue he was geared to a lethal response.

The problem with too many guns is the development of the mentality of it being the first resort. If the officer had backed up a few feet he would have exponentially lessened the risks. The stand your ground mentality is the pig headed alternate to a strategic relocation.

A less edited version on the body cam.

Last edited:
Cameras typically distort distances and in this case makes it look like the woman is farther away than she really is. I'm guessing they are eight to ten feet apart with a counter in between.

While the threat of a face full of boiling water is scary the officer has confirmed by his dialogue he was geared to a lethal response.

The problem with too many guns is the development of the mentality of it being the first resort. If the officer had backed up a few feet he would have exponentially lessened the risks. The stand your ground mentality is the pig headed alternate to a strategic relocation.
That cop worked for six departments in four years. Sounds like he chose a career path that was inappropriate for his mental state.

Edit:
At least five police departments need to take a serious look at their hiring procedures and policies. If someone is job shopping within months of starting, that's a big red flag. If they've done it five times in short order, why are they even being interviewed?

Last edited:
Regardless of what I think about the incident and/or that cop...
The case against the cop is not as clear-cut as it appears.

I don't know if they should get a criminal conviction. There seems to be enough evidence that they shouldn't be carrying firearms as that puts society at higher risk than if that person was unarmed.

That cop worked for six departments in four years. Sounds like he chose a career path that was inappropriate for his mental state.

Edit:
At least five police departments need to take a serious look at their hiring procedures and policies. If someone is job shopping within months of starting, that's a big red flag. If they've done it five times in short order, why are they even being interviewed?
We would need to know more about why he moved. Was he shopping around, or "asked to resign"? The latter would be shielded by HR process.

The optics aren’t good but we haven’t heard his details yet.

He did say before the shooting that he would shoot her in the face if she didn’t put the pot down. After the shooting he IIRC remarked that no one’s going to throw hot water in his face.

I can see people thinking he meant a black woman and out comes the race card.

The opp have completed their transition to 100% encryption of their radio system therefore snuffing out that last bit of transparency a sad day indeed.
So now only officers. staff members, and tow truck drivers will have access.

The opp have completed their transition to 100% encryption of their radio system therefore snuffing out that last bit of transparency a sad day indeed.
When? I was listening yesterday. Haven't tried today.

If you want to listen to epic dbags, listen to tps investigative services. A constant stream of profanity and racist comments. Listening for an hour should give enough ammo for dismissal with cause of every officer.

Back
Top Bottom