Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 340 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
It's a sad state of affairs when TPS has to issue a press release that they will bother to enforce a court order. In a well functioning system, that should be automatically assumed.

It's a sad state of affairs when TPS has to issue a press release that they will bother to enforce a court order. In a well functioning system, that should be automatically assumed.

I think that's because they had previously stated that they wouldn't enforce trespass against the protesters, unless a court order was issued. Which is also ridiculous, because a land owner has the right to dictate who can and cannot have access to their property.

I think that's because they had previously stated that they wouldn't enforce trespass against the protesters, unless a court order was issued. Which is also ridiculous, because a land owner has the right to dictate who can and cannot have access to their property.
Meanwhile York asked them to do the same purge and it happened the same day. Not sure why U of T and York are being treated so differently.

My guess, saying they will enforce it is also posturing/telegraphing to get most of the less committed people out before they go in.

Not a legal reason under the law IMO but one difference between York and UofT is York said get rid of them near right away while UofT let them get more established trying to appease the situation.

My guess, saying they will enforce it is also posturing/telegraphing to get most of the less committed people out before they go in.

Not a legal reason under the law IMO but one difference between York and UofT is York said get rid of them near right away while UofT let them get more established trying to appease the situation.
Maybe. York was pretty well established just not for long. A fleet of rental trucks arrived at midnight to unpack supplies and structures needed for the encampment. By the time anyone reacted in the morning it was a community.

That certainly created a tougher situation at UofT. The protesters never really bothered with TMU. There were a couple of rallies and they were moved on.

Maybe. York was pretty well established just not for long. A fleet of rental trucks arrived at midnight to unpack supplies and structures needed for the encampment. By the time anyone reacted in the morning it was a community.
The location might also have something to do with it. UofT is a far bit more densely populated than York.

But before that post a trigger warning so the protestors with PTSD from watching too many sad movies have a chance to put on their ear plugs and blindfolds so they don't get too upset by their persecution for trespassing.

They get the rubber bullets.

Then tasered while they're flopping around on the ground.

uyfniEpByzSR9chkXt4uJ9GX0cWBsnap4dqiHUPXH0jtpGHxF_xop42iw3Qp2scbqQQpM-VlwbOAfWOBhApVZftLbZpZfPzqm6A-RWH8Q8S17VZtxD4B_sXPtULSmBKcrXB-_x_7G_XG9SHAHtQZ123_i5q0z1FaaED71VaX

Meanwhile York asked them to do the same purge and it happened the same day. Not sure why U of T and York are being treated so differently.
I believe the TPS were ready to go in on day one but were told by UofT that they were not needed and that the University could handle it on their own.

I believe the TPS were ready to go in on day one but were told by UofT that they were not needed and that the University could handle it on their own.
That's not what TPS said. I don't know where the truth lies.

"Toronto police say they will not clear out the protest encampment at the University of Toronto unless there is an emergency or they are ordered to by a judge.

In an email to the Star, police said they don’t believe they have “sufficient legal authority” to remove protesters from campus.

“Absent a material change of circumstances, the Toronto Police Service will only act in situations involving an emergency to enforce the law and protect public safety, or to act in accordance with a court order,” said TPS director of corporate communications Natalie Clancy."

I think this one speaks for itself.

On the upside, the cop being so impaired/entitled that they damaged multiple cruisers and officers means that "professional courtesy" wasn't an option to let them continue to DWI.

Back
Top Bottom