Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 498 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

My first and third (current) house were both hard plumbed for NG to the BBQ. It's pretty sweet not dinking with propane tanks and the fact it never runs out.
I love our house line straight to the bbq. Only real downside is that’s where it’s gotta be…not much room for moving the bbq around.

At the cottage…not gonna pay to hard line it to the bbq. Too far away from the gas line and need a simple propane unit.

Once outside the house you can buy long hose for bbqs and can connect multiple hoses and put it where ever you want . No idea if it’s legal. Mine is on a 25ft hose .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Once outside the house you can buy long hose for bbqs and can connect multiple hoses and put it where ever you want . No idea if it’s legal. Mine is on a 25ft hose .

Mine is hard plumbed to the deck and ~10 foot of hose

Clear, but I thought (and I’m sure someone here did the math) that the pressure drops considerably with extended length? I have a 6ft hose at the end of a 10ft hard line currently.

Clear, but I thought (and I’m sure someone here did the math) that the pressure drops considerably with extended length? I have a 6ft hose at the end of a 10ft hard line currently.
The math isn't hard. You need to know how many btus the appliance needs and length/diameter of plumbing (and maybe elbows, I can't remember for gas). Your regulator should give you the pressure it is set to (although my data has disappeared in the sun). Your appliances will have a tap on the supply side of the appliance regulator that you could measure with appliance off to find pressure in pipeline.

The feasibility is substantially related to bbq size. Huge baller bbq that needs 200k+ btu and you need something like 1.5" hard. Small hibachi and you can probably run 100' of narrow flex with no issues.

Finished the horizontal brick mortar on the main facade wall! Looks good in the dark…

Also did a few more rows of the column.

Now to learn the verticals.

And started breaking down old fence wood.

WTF do I do with a ton of PT 1x6, 2x4 and 4x4….

Gas line is cheap. I put hard lines to a bbq and fire table connections on the deck, a plug-in at my pool heater (never been used) and one for a small bbq at the pool bar.

Finished the horizontal brick mortar on the main facade wall! Looks good in the dark…

Also did a few more rows of the column.

Now to learn the verticals.

And started breaking down old fence wood.

WTF do I do with a ton of PT 1x6, 2x4 and 4x4….
Build an Arc for your front yard.

That’s pretty small. I’d make it at least 6’.
You got me.

Thinking of 8ft long x 6-10” high, on casters, and it’s the reason I need a wheel chock.

I don’t need a lift often and at current prices I won’t find another deal like previously.

I’d prefer a full on lift but for my purposes…it’s a nice to have not a must.

Even quicker, put it on the curb with a dollar figure and watch it all walk off.

Alternatively you can always take it to a transfer station and pay a small amount to get rid of it....
Government transfer stations are a PITA to deal with. Private ones are cheaper and easy. There are several on Shorncliffe Rd in west TO.

Government transfer stations are a PITA to deal with. Private ones are cheaper and easy. There are several on Shorncliffe Rd in west TO.
I ONLY do private ones. I like to use the one on the Queensway as it is also right by U-Haul which is a big plus... an inexpensive van rental is cheap insurance vs tire repairs on mine or a borrowed vehicle. They know me well enough I got a bottle of wine from them at xmas.

New idea came to me from a buddy….

Take all that PT Wood (2x4 and 1x6) and build some benches and small tables for around the campfire at the cottage. Don’t need to be pretty…just functional.

Should have enough for 2 benches and 1 or 2 muskoka chairs.

New idea came to me from a buddy….

Take all that PT Wood (2x4 and 1x6) and build some benches and small tables for around the campfire at the cottage. Don’t need to be pretty…just functional.

Should have enough for 2 benches and 1 or 2 muskoka chairs.
Some people don't like being in contact with PT lumber due to toxic transfer.

Doing some cleaning finally….ready for either the dump or cottage for a project…

1725731482149.jpeg

Although wife also gave me the idea of a BBQ station….

🤦🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom