Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 499 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

I really miss my hot tub I left at the last house , looking at a small unit ( space issue) and it’s 10k and involves a crane - add 2,000 some electrical at $600 , tax it and it’s a 15k problem. Man did that jump in price .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I really miss my hot tub I left at the last house , looking at a small unit ( space issue) and it’s 10k and involves a crane - add 2,000 some electrical at $600 , tax it and it’s a 15k problem. Man did that jump in price .

Get one of those blow up spas. Got one for the place up north.

They get the job done and it won’t cost me 2k to dispose of an expensive tub after a couple of years of no use.

Get one of those blow up spas. Got one for the place up north.

They get the job done and it won’t cost me 2k to dispose of an expensive tub after a couple of years of no use.
Aren’t those only 120V and REALLY REALLY slow to heat up?

There was a member here that had one and said it took forever but did the job. If it’s not too bad I’d consider one for this year.

Aren’t those only 120V and REALLY REALLY slow to heat up?

There was a member here that had one and said it took forever but did the job. If it’s not too bad I’d consider one for this year.
Friends have one and like it. It's a glorified tea kettle with a pump but the water volume is much less than a fibreglass tub.

I am slightly surprised that there isn't a luxury inflatable option available. For CC's use case, he needs to get it through the house to avoid crane charges but he could probably get decent power to the location and doesn't mind paying for more than the costco special. A larger inflatable tub with a proper heater could be a good fit for him.

Friends have one and like it. It's a glorified tea kettle with a pump but the water volume is much less than a fibreglass tub.

I am slightly surprised that there isn't a luxury inflatable option available. For CC's use case, he needs to get it through the house to avoid crane charges but he could probably get decent power to the location and doesn't mind paying for more than the costco special. A larger inflatable tub with a proper heater could be a good fit for him.
I should look more into it then. I wouldn’t mind one for our house as I have the space…and the power in the shed is 120V already so it could be a perfect option for this winter.

BBQ gazebo = hot tub canopy in winter

I should look more into it then. I wouldn’t mind one for our house as I have the space…and the power in the shed is 120V already so it could be a perfect option for this winter.

BBQ gazebo = hot tub canopy in winter
Officially, many of the inflatable tubs say they aren't for use in the winter. That being said, some people use them year round. Especially if you can shield it from wind and/or add some insulation (which isn't a bad idea anyway to save money). Throw together an insulated wooden box around the hot tub and heat loss would be greatly reduced.

You mean something built out of old PT 4x4s and 2x4s stuffed with batts? :D
I’m sure I can pull some old batts from somewhere also. The trifecta will be complete!

On a serious note…I’m def interested in these smaller tubs.

Who was the GTAMer that documented his entire journey…

I understand the vinyl inflatables don’t like -10 outdoor temps . They can split so I’m told . Getting 220 power is the easy part . It may be just me but I don’t want a compromise, I’ve had the deluxe nice glass tub , I would like that experience again. I just don’t wanna pay for it ….

@mimico_polak
Only wants:
Natural Gas BBQ at the cottage
Hot Tub
Boat
Camping Gear
New truck
New motorcycle
2-3 Vacations a year
More Money
More Money
More Money

Yea.. so don't be cheap! :ROFLMAO:

@mimico_polak
Only wants:
Natural Gas BBQ at the cottage
Hot Tub
Boat
Camping Gear
New truck
New motorcycle
2-3 Vacations a year
More Money
More Money
More Money

Yea.. so don't be cheap! :ROFLMAO:
Sounds about right but just a propane BBQ at the cottage. Won’t be running a line to it.

The rest you’ve got 100% especially the last 3.

And camping is finished for the season.

You also forgot: motorcycle lift and motorcycle chock.

Try and keep up @Jampy00

Looking to get some thoughts here from the smart people...

Back of the house bottom 3ft were originally planned for stucco, as opposed to the thin brick as the front. Now we're considering going to thin brick all the way around.

I already have the fiberglass lathe (?) as opposed to the metal for the bricks as the plan was for stucco.

Any experience with utilizing fiberglass over metal lathe in this type of application? It seems 'fine' on the surface (pun intended) but I wanted to double check prior to committing.

Sounds about right but just a propane BBQ at the cottage. Won’t be running a line to it.

The rest you’ve got 100% especially the last 3.

And camping is finished for the season.

You also forgot: motorcycle lift and motorcycle chock.

Try and keep up @Jampy00
I tend to fall behind with important current events... I'm sorry :(

Back of the house bottom 3ft were originally planned for stucco, as opposed to the thin brick as the front. Now we're considering going to thin brick all the way around.

I already have the fiberglass lathe (?) as opposed to the metal for the bricks as the plan was for stucco.

Any experience with utilizing fiberglass over metal lathe in this type of application? It seems 'fine' on the surface (pun intended) but I wanted to double check prior to committing.

I tend to go with what the manufacturer recommends. Deviate and have zero warranty if that matters . They engineer stuff to work , if your following thier process .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Not exactly sure what you're asking. What is on the lower 3' now - has it been glassed and scratchcoated yet? If so, you should be able to add the z-brick. If it's still concrete go straight to the z-brick.

Not exactly sure what you're asking. What is on the lower 3' now - has it been glassed and scratchcoated yet? If so, you should be able to add the z-brick. If it's still concrete go straight to the z-brick.
Currently it’s 2” of rigid insulation.

Question is can I use fiberglass mesh for the thin brick? Or do I need metal mesh for the thin brick.

Back
Top Bottom