Did you exercise today? | Page 34 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you exercise today?

did upper body yesterday mostly, also tried out close grip bench press, my triceps felt pretty good!

Did a spartan race, just a sprint distance (5k) and the kids did their respective 1k (i ran with him) and 3k.
I am SO SORE.

The body wasnt ready for this incline. And re-confirmed that i prefer skiing down blue mountain rather than hiking up and running down it.

Did a spartan race, just a sprint distance (5k) and the kids did their respective 1k (i ran with him) and 3k.
I am SO SORE.

The body wasnt ready for this incline. And re-confirmed that i prefer skiing down blue mountain rather than hiking up and running down it.
Think of it as practice. Friends were trying to convince my wife to do the summit 700. They did the 21k with 925m of elevation. Ugh. My wife wasn't feeling it so she skipped that one.

Think of it as practice. Friends were trying to convince my wife to do the summit 700. They did the 21k with 925m of elevation. Ugh. My wife wasn't feeling it so she skipped that one.
hahaah yeah this was 5k (more like 6k due to penality loops) with about 300+m of elevation. The downhills were as brutal as the uphills i'd say, most people were walking them.
Now that my wife wants to beat my time, ill have to actually train.

hahaah yeah this was 5k (more like 6k due to penality loops) with about 300+m of elevation. The downhills were as brutal as the uphills i'd say, most people were walking them.
Now that my wife wants to beat my time, ill have to actually train.
When I did Mount Kenya, down was so much worse than up. I hadn't trained so about half way down I could hear my kneecaps grinding on the ends of the long bones and I lost stability of my lower legs (I could feel them swinging laterally as I took each step). It felt terrible. No way to bail out though. I would definitely train a bunch of downhill if I planned on doing it again.

When I did Mount Kenya, down was so much worse than up. I hadn't trained so about half way down I could hear my kneecaps grinding on the ends of the long bones and I lost stability of my lower legs (I could feel them swinging laterally as I took each step). It felt terrible. No way to bail out though. I would definitely train a bunch of downhill if I planned on doing it again.
Yeah i had some trail runners, super crazy light, so i could get the feet going at a way higher cadence. When it was too steep it was a side shuffle that id switch every 10-15 steps.
With some training i guess i could really become good at this.

Yes! Nice walk at lunch. Hitting some weights when I find time today as it's been too long.

I need to REALLY figure out how to stop overeating, because that is the bane of my existence.

Must be mental issue.

Yes! Nice walk at lunch. Hitting some weights when I find time today as it's been too long.

I need to REALLY figure out how to stop overeating, because that is the bane of my existence.

Must be mental issue.
My buddy did a whole weight loss thing, and told me portion control was a big part of it. He was very strict, normal portion size, no snacks, no eating after a certain time, etc. etc.
I can't manage it either, just eat, eat, eat!

My buddy did a whole weight loss thing, and told me portion control was a big part of it. He was very strict, normal portion size, no snacks, no eating after a certain time, etc. etc.
I can't manage it either, just eat, eat, eat!
Yup...I love snacking, especially at night. Wife doesn't help, she actually starts it sometimes.

Once the kids go to bed...snacks come out.

Full bag of chips?! Sure why not! It's only 10pm!

Chocolate chip cookie? Why not 6?

Pierogies? Why not the whole batch!?

Yup...I love snacking, especially at night. Wife doesn't help, she actually starts it sometimes.

Once the kids go to bed...snacks come out.

Full bag of chips?! Sure why not! It's only 10pm!

Chocolate chip cookie? Why not 6?

Pierogies? Why not the whole batch!?
A easy way to control portion size with potato chips is to buy those boxes with the 28g bags that way you tend to only eat one bag at a sitting way easier to keep portions down compared to a costco size bag.

A easy way to control portion size with potato chips is to buy those boxes with the 28g bags that way you tend to only eat one bag at a sitting way easier to keep portions down compared to a costco size bag.
or just smaller dishes

Great, now the wife wants to do spartan sprint (5k, 20 obstacles) next year with the sole goal to beat my (untrained) time. It will be her first time. So i have to up the ante for myself and beat my time on the next distance up, the spartan super (10k, 25 obstacles).

So i want to get on a program for the next 6 months to build strength and muscle while i keep the swimming going (easier for my recovery)
I'm looking at the programs from mind pump media... namely MAPS Anabolic and MAPS Performance
I'll be adding a whole bunch of hill runs and hiking in the spring and throughout the whole thing ill be doing the rice bucket grip exercises, takes 5 minutes and i can do them during meetings while i wfh or while watching tv.

I did the sprint in 1h26m, (avg finish is 1h32) so i want to do the super in 1h20m (avg finish, 1h45), the key to this will be being able to clear the obstacles efficiently, namely those i failed (anything that had to do with monkey bars/rings/climbing). And keeping my endurance going so i can run the flats and downhills. If i also lose a bunch of weight it'll be way easier cause i'm still way too heavy for my height.

Great, now the wife wants to do spartan sprint (5k, 20 obstacles) next year with the sole goal to beat my (untrained) time. It will be her first time. So i have to up the ante for myself and beat my time on the next distance up, the spartan super (10k, 25 obstacles).

So i want to get on a program for the next 6 months to build strength and muscle while i keep the swimming going (easier for my recovery)
I'm looking at the programs from mind pump media... namely MAPS Anabolic and MAPS Performance
I'll be adding a whole bunch of hill runs and hiking in the spring and throughout the whole thing ill be doing the rice bucket grip exercises, takes 5 minutes and i can do them during meetings while i wfh or while watching tv.

I did the sprint in 1h26m, (avg finish is 1h32) so i want to do the super in 1h20m (avg finish, 1h45), the key to this will be being able to clear the obstacles efficiently, namely those i failed (anything that had to do with monkey bars/rings/climbing). And keeping my endurance going so i can run the flats and downhills. If i also lose a bunch of weight it'll be way easier cause i'm still way too heavy for my height.
Are you trying to do a tri as well or focus on spartan? When I made my upper body stronger, my swimming took a complete dump. Lots more effort for lower speeds. I think my upper-body was running deeper. I also didn't focus enough on mobility so I lost some range of motion with the added strength. That would obviously be easy to accommodate in the training plan.

Are you trying to do a tri as well or focus on spartan? When I made my upper body stronger, my swimming took a complete dump. Lots more effort for lower speeds. I think my upper-body was running deeper. I also didn't focus enough on mobility so I lost some range of motion with the added strength. That would obviously be easy to accommodate in the training plan.
So the spartan is in May, first tri race would potentially be in june (with latest one being in september) if i want to race tri.
I'll be swimming about twice a week the whole time i do that program, ill add hill running starting in march and then in april i start consistently bike commuting to work.

The MAPS Performance has a mobility component a few times a week so i'm hoping that it would address some of those potential issues.

Back
Top Bottom