Did you exercise today? | Page 33 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you exercise today?

Didn’t feel like it but proud of myself for getting on the bike and cycling to work. Got a bad, bad gout flare at work and wondered if I’d get my cycling shoes back on or if I’d need to call my wife to come and get me and the bike but I cycled home and felt proud again!

Foot is swelling up like a motherfucker.

Getting old, is getting really old.
Ugh sorry to hear that. FIL had a bad case of gout and now my wife and her sister are both scared they have it.

Wife’s knee can buckle up with no warning at times. Not fun…funny…but not fun.

Thanks. Just started medication for it but have also discovered that the meds make it worse before it gets better. Like some kind of cruel joke.
He loved to suck down cherries when he had flare ups. Just asked my wife. She said he had to really watch his diet. Minimal alcohol. Etc etc.

It’s basically a no-fun ailment. I cut out red meat and cured meats. That helps a lot. Alcohol is a life necessity for my particular life so that is sacrosanct.

Yes...alcohol was the worst for his flareups. However...he found that tequila went easy on him, so we always just drank tequila when he felt like a drink.

Apparently gout is the 'rich man's disease', because it is brought on by all the good stuff...alcohol, red meat, and diets rich in all the bad stuff.

Yes...alcohol was the worst for his flareups. However...he found that tequila went easy on him, so we always just drank tequila when he felt like a drink.

Apparently gout is the 'rich man's disease', because it is brought on by all the good stuff...alcohol, red meat, and diets rich in all the bad stuff.

Worst for me are cured meats like salami. Cuts of beef aren’t far behind but the odd burger doesn’t seem to set things off. Whisky seems to be iffy. The meds I have take a while to work but hoping things go somewhat back to normal soon.

A friend of mine it was sherry that set off his gout. If he drank sherry, boom painful gout. But also any whiskey aged in sherry barrels would set it off. Now I am sure it was more than just sherry but he is a regular (in volume) whiskey and beer drinker. So maybe wine, port, brandy or something else but he never drinks them. It defies logic but there is no doubt on the pattern for him.

Back
Top Bottom