Boat Rentals | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boat Rentals

The styrofoam should be enough to keep the boat at the surface. If you have no foam and you happen to fill it with water, it becomes a submarine. With environmental protection laws, you need to recover the boat. On the surface, that is a tow or a buddy with a boat. As a submarine, that means you need a diver (or ROV if deep) and a barge/boat with a winch and davit.

EDIT:
That doesn't mean you have to keep the bench. When it's apart, find other places to put the foam. If you are foaming between the stringers, make sure you leave a path for water to reach the stern so you can get it out. Water will get in the bow. Soaked foam is heavy and never dries out. Best bet is to get the water away asap.
IIRC the white foam board can't be in a spot where gasoline can disolve it. There you need polyurethane.

IIRC the white foam board can't be in a spot where gasoline can disolve it. There you need polyurethane.
The fuel tank is in the back.
When I get around to it, I may shave off an inch off the bottom to prevent any contact with fuel or even water.

Just got the finial bill for the rebuild of our 7.2 (454ci) marine engine. Needed all new hoses and belts, stater alternator and distributor , new fuel supply system went in . In the end we jacked up the carburetor and put a new motor under it.$21k . 17yr old boat. Used boats ughhhh.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Just got the finial bill for the rebuild of our 7.2 (454ci) marine engine. Needed all new hoses and belts, stater alternator and distributor , new fuel supply system went in . In the end we jacked up the carburetor and put a new motor under it.$21k . 17yr old boat. Used boats ughhhh.

21k for a motor rebuild….yowza

11k for rebuild , then add starter / alternator , fuel pump. distributor , fuel supply plumbing . Marine starters/ alts all have to be sealed units , no spark allowed in the big fiberglass box and your at 20k before you blink.

For those interested in preparing for the boaters exam or just want to brush up their water smarts, CT has the BOATsmart!® Canadian Boating Licence Study Guide on clearance for $7.93. I picked one up as they kids are interested in doing their boat license.

NOTE:
Most locations are sold out of this handbook. The ones that have it, will have it at the clearance price. I managed to get the last two at a Brampton location. A quick search showed there are two at the Liberty Village location and 5 in Midland, ON. There may be others, I didn't check them all. Not sure what the "Ship to Home" looks like from CT.

I did notice there was another study guide next to this one. Canada Boat Safety Study Guide, PCOC Study Guide. Not sure what the difference is but I did notice it a few pages thicker and it was $17.99.
I am guessing its just two difference organization putting out their own material.

YMMV

1724789575657.png

If anyone hates having money and wants to relive the 80's, here is your boat. Quad 454's. ~80 gph at cruise. Better than the turbine versions of this boat that are ~300 gph at cruise. You can probably buy this boat for close to zero but it will cost to get it relocated.

Screenshot-2024-08-28-094956.png

Last edited:

That's a lot of scratch!

A crate 454 runs about $8K. Replacing parts for fuel systems, belts, hoses, water pumps, ignition, alternator, electricals, gaskets and chemicals with top quality stuff adds $1K on the cheap, $3K using quality parts.

That leaves $11K for re&re labor. Oof!

Is that boat part of a condo corporation?

Back
Top Bottom