Boat Rentals | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boat Rentals

Sorry your #s are way light . Crate motor is closer to 16k , a rebuild on a skid from the marine guy in Vaughn is 9k , water pump ( runs off the crank , thanks Volvo!) is $500 , alt is $600, starter is $500. Got to remember this stuff is all non spark marine crap. Stupid 6” diameter exhaust hose is $30 a ft. Thank God the transmission is “ok” .
First order of business should have been hunting down the guy that bought this tub 7yrs ago , with 454 marine Volvo in it …. 32gal per hour , when there is no chop… $280 bucks an hour . Wonder why so many big gas cruisers become floating cottages ?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
I don't know... Ive replaced a few Marine engines over the years, there can be huge differences in prices depending on who you deal with. If it were my boat, I'd have refreshed a tired 454 for well under $10K.

Good job on the exhaust hose! I paid $US40 for 4" last year!

I sold my cruiser for that exact reason. My twin 300 Crusaders gobbled up 30GPH -- for a stellar 1.2 MPG.

I couldn't bear paying $70 in carbon tax every fillup.

Also, nothing other than money is stopping mp from buying a 200mph boat and seeing how fast it will go. To do that in LOTO time trials requires working up speed classes, to do it in simcoe is just money.
Any news on the guy that killed one or two locally (North of Kingston?)with his water rocket? Money buys boats not brains.

At speed, many of these boats have little in the water except the prop. Basically a low flying airplane bouncing off waves.

It’s no pleasure craft but as a basic fishing boat…doesn’t look bad!

Can a FWD minivan pull a boat out of water!? Or do I need that stupid Maverick…

thats not an bad deal, yes your mini van can pull that up "most ramps" , some are very slimy and steep , and those you may struggle. Just remember the boat is a boat , not a utility trailer so when you add 1000lb of crap , your pulling that out of the water as well.

My parents had a 17.5' decked princecraft with a 50 that was pulled by a minivan for years. Only occasional problems with slippery ramps. The boat you are looking at is probably half the weight of the prince craft.

IMO there are two upsides to aluminum. Light weight for towing and has a simpler structure than glass.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and curable with beer.

All boats shrink when put in the water. On a trailer they look big but throw in all the safety gear, snacks and people and they are small in the water. Capacity is from the weight restrictions and common sense. Just because it has six seats it doesn't mean it can handle six people.

IMO there are two upsides to aluminum. Light weight for towing and has a simpler structure than glass.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and curable with beer.

All boats shrink when put in the water. On a trailer they look big but throw in all the safety gear, snacks and people and they are small in the water. Capacity is from the weight restrictions and common sense. Just because it has six seats it doesn't mean it can handle six people.
Agreed...just like camping. A 6 person tent is more like a 3 person tent + gear...if that.

Just for consideration, if you’re going in big water ( Lake Ontario) you’ll want a VHF radio . So there is another course and $150.
There are about 10,000 fishing boats with VHF radios and nobody got a permit , and you can tell . And yes there is zero enforcement, but if your fooling around in Georgian bay , LO or Simcoe , better safe than swimming.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Just for consideration, if you’re going in big water ( Lake Ontario) you’ll want a VHF radio . So there is another course and $150.
There are about 10,000 fishing boats with VHF radios and nobody got a permit , and you can tell . And yes there is zero enforcement, but if your fooling around in Georgian bay , LO or Simcoe , better safe than swimming.

As a kid, we had a radio but no license. Didn't use it for shooting the crap though. After a test to make sure it worked, listening only but had the ability to transmit if it became necessary.

I’ve moved to a DSC radio , with an MMSI # and built in GPS location sender , so I need to upgrade my license with the DSC endorsement. Between my SSB international cert , and working on my RYA skippers licence , it’s like having another job. 2 Atlantic and one pacific crossing and now it’s all about the ability to get insurance .

Late to the thread here, and unlikely to read eight pages worth of responses, but I’ll jump in mentioning that I am pretty well-versed in boats and offer boat handling/maneuvering training and technical systems familiarizations for new boat owners.

Proficient on twin screw vessels up to ~60’ and well versed in most technical systems.

No, I don’t do repairs, lol. Done enough of those over the years and my body doesn’t do contortion well anymore and on even most bigger boats with true engine rooms vs bays, contortion seems to be the norm lol.

I am considering doing some rental yachting in the caribbean in the next year or so, so I’m looking to officially step up to a skippers license as that’s what’s required for insurance with most companies for larger vessels, along with demonstrating proficiency during a test sail. Anyhow, that’s a whole other story.

Edit: Crankcall, sounds like we need to chat. Where are you doing your skipper ticket?

Back
Top Bottom