BMW owners movement! | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Headin out. See you all there! Safe riding everyone:cool:

Good times!

Certainly didn't expect this many bikes (17), but we coped as well as we could.

See you on the next one!

oky4py.jpg

What to expect on this ride : A good mix of roads. Some straight country riding roads, which will then turn to scenic riding, mild twisties, and land-meets-water type of scenery, This route is fantastic! Our final stop will be in Port Dover. It's a really beautiful place in the summer, and we will end there for late lunch down by the beach area, do some hanging around, and check out the scenery. Lot's of bikes are to be found there too on summer weekends so we will be in good company.

See you there.

Any chance there is a gps route for this ride you can post?

I'd love to join the bm'r club... Is there dealerships to avoid or dealerships that are known to be good?

I'd love to join the bm'r club... Is there dealerships to avoid or dealerships that are known to be good?

Wolf BMW has been good to me, as far as I know they are the only "motorcycle only" dealer in Ontario. They are in London Ontario, so might be a bit far if your located in the GTA.

Wolf is very good for sale and service. Had nothing but good experiences there. Durham/Endras sales had a good experience there too. Their service dept is not so good.

Best service I've had so far from a BM dealer is Budd's in Oakville. Highly recommend.

Wolf is very good for sale and service. Had nothing but good experiences there. Durham/Endras sales had a good experience there too. Their service dept is not so good.

Best service I've had so far from a BM dealer is Budd's in Oakville. Highly recommend.

Service manager John P. is the consummate professional who'll see that it gets done right. Also a Canadian flatrack legend. I wish I could afford to go there.:(

Wolf BMW has been good to me, as far as I know they are the only "motorcycle only" dealer in Ontario. They are in London Ontario, so might be a bit far if your located in the GTA.
I bought my bike from WOLF, and I also take it there for service and maintenance (they're awesome). Doesn't matter that they're 227km from my house (one way), it makes for an awesome ride! I've had them lend me a bike, on several occasions, to return home and to keep for 2-3 days till mine was ready for pickup, and there were no extra charges whatsoever. I highly recommend them.

As for the opposite end of the spectrum, stay away from Downtown BMW and especially avoid having their service manager (Andrew) touch your bike. I had mine there for the first oil change - and you'd think the first service would be a 2hr job or less... Well, they seized my engine after frying my alarm module, and TWO MONTHS LATER they finally gave me back the bike. When I went to collect it, they brought it out without my side cases (forgot them in the shop), and the service manager went to get them. He found them to be a "little snug" when trying to mount them back on the bike, so he proceeded to FORCE THEM ON USING A MALLOT!!

I wouldn't have that shop service an open-face helmet, much less my bike!

I've had them lend me a bike, on several occasions, to return home and to keep for 2-3 days till mine was ready for pickup, and there were no extra charges whatsoever. I highly recommend them.

Wolf does give a loner, but only for those who bought there bike from them, but yah, great to deal with, friendly and they know what they are talking about.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's good to know these things from actual riders. Obviously, everyones experiences will differ , but it's nice to have this in the back of my mind when I'm dropping down $$$$

Cheers

I've also taken my R1200GS out to the shop in Newmarket (Open Road BMW), and dealt with Paul Nixon and Mike Rocco: outstanding service from behind the desk at the front, hats off to them and hearty handshakes!

... however, can't quite say the same for the people down below in the actual shop: 3 times in a row, they "forgot" to tighten back my oil cap, resulting in excessive hot oil spray all over my pants during the 70min ride back to Toronto. Additionally, the LAST time they changed my oil and did a tune-up as per the maintenance requirements (of warranty) - for there will likely be no returning to this shop now - they somehow "lost" my bottom skid plate and then had the audacity to tell me that "perhaps I lost it when I did my own maintenance".

Now, forgetting to tighten the oil cap can happen to anyone, even more than once. But the 4th time I went to get my bike back from them, I had Paul Nixon personally bring the bike out to the parking lot (from below), and without even getting near the bike I asked him to personally check the oil cap on top of the engine block... and sure enough, it was barely "placed" on, not even a full turn to tighten it. Nevermind, using the actual wrenching tool to make sure it stays on: had we not checked, likely I would have lost the cap before even making it to the highway from their shop.

I've also taken my R1200GS out to the shop in Newmarket (Open Road BMW), and dealt with Paul Nixon and Mike Rocco: outstanding service from behind the desk at the front, hats off to them and hearty handshakes!

... however, can't quite say the same for the people down below in the actual shop: 3 times in a row, they "forgot" to tighten back my oil cap, resulting in excessive hot oil spray all over my pants during the 70min ride back to Toronto. Additionally, the LAST time they changed my oil and did a tune-up as per the maintenance requirements (of warranty) - for there will likely be no returning to this shop now - they somehow "lost" my bottom skid plate and then had the audacity to tell me that "perhaps I lost it when I did my own maintenance".

Now, forgetting to tighten the oil cap can happen to anyone, even more than once. But the 4th time I went to get my bike back from them, I had Paul Nixon personally bring the bike out to the parking lot (from below), and without even getting near the bike I asked him to personally check the oil cap on top of the engine block... and sure enough, it was barely "placed" on, not even a full turn to tighten it. Nevermind, using the actual wrenching tool to make sure it stays on: had we not checked, likely I would have lost the cap before even making it to the highway from their shop.

That is really bad service, especially that many times. I do my own oil changes, its the easiest bike to work on. I lost an oil cap once, but that was because someone stole it. Had to stuff a sock in it while I rode home from Simcoe. I am borderline paranoid about things being on tight and snug when I do an oil change.

What year do you have? Any farkles you have added?

That is really bad service, especially that many times. I do my own oil changes, its the easiest bike to work on. I lost an oil cap once, but that was because someone stole it. Had to stuff a sock in it while I rode home from Simcoe. I am borderline paranoid about things being on tight and snug when I do an oil change.

What year do you have? Any farkles you have added?

Got an 05 (2nd model for the year), so the "later edition". I have lotsa lotsa mods and toys, too many to list. Well, not "too many" but it would take some time.

Got an 05 (2nd model for the year), so the "later edition". I have lotsa lotsa mods and toys, too many to list. Well, not "too many" but it would take some time.

I have an '06 myself. Not alot of mods, just a few. LED fog lights, H&B tank and engine guard and will be adding a sargent seat as well. Have the vario bags, but thinking of upgrading to some more solid panniers. Post up a pic, they speak more then words anyways :D

Back
Top Bottom