BMW owners movement! | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Argh.....lousy riding weather for today.

What better way to make the time pass than to set up another BMW fun ride? :)

WHEN : SATURDAY, JULY 24.

WHERE : PORT DOVER.

Departing time : 12:30pm

if you are into scenic riding, a few twisties, and land-meets-water type of scenery, This route is fantastic!

Original meeting place to be announced later. Our final stop will be in Port Dover. It's a really beautiful place in the summer, and we will end there for late lunch down by the beach area, do some hanging around, and check out the scenery. Lot's of bikes are to be found there too on summer weekends so we will be in good company.

See you there.

Last edited:
Here is mine:

P9030100.jpg

Just curious, where did you take this picture? Is that a dam in the background? Looks soooo nice...:)

if you are into scenic riding, a few twisties, and land-meets-water type of scenery, This route is fantastic!

Original meeting place to be announced later. Our final stop will be in Port Dover. It's a really beautiful place in the summer, and we will end there for late lunch down by the beach area, do some hanging around, and check out the scenery. Lot's of bikes are to be found there too on summer weekends so we will be in good company.

See you there.

Looking forward to the ride. Be sure to post-up more details soon, as people are planning summer vacations and require plenty of advance warning to set aside the time.

Any BMW rides coming up? Go me a GPS and want to use it :) Hehehehe..

Any BMW rides coming up? Go me a GPS and want to use it :) Hehehehe..

UPDATE: Meeting place : Tim Hortons at Centennial Parkway (hwy 20) in Hamilton. This is right across from the Home Depot, as soon as you get off the QEW.

Address for your GPS : 315 Centennial Parkway North, Hamilton, ON L8E 2X3
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Tim+Hor...4&iwloc=A&sa=X

What to expect on this ride : A good mix of roads. Some straight country riding roads, which will then turn to scenic riding, mild twisties, and land-meets-water type of scenery, This route is fantastic! Our final stop will be in Port Dover. It's a really beautiful place in the summer, and we will end there for late lunch down by the beach area, do some hanging around, and check out the scenery. Lot's of bikes are to be found there too on summer weekends so we will be in good company.

See you there.

^^^^^^^^^^ In case any missed it. ^^^^^^^

I was asking the cops about the BMW P's. They don't seem to like them but wouldnt say why. I think its cause they're new..or maybe they like going slower and overheating in the HD's.

The Harleys can be ridden all day in basically one gear and they are an easy bike to ride. With the BMW, you sit up higher and you have to be actively engaged in riding the bike. I spoke to an ex-motorcyle officer and he rode an R1100RT at the time as his personal bike but he commented that the Harleys are "easier" to ride. Riding all day is very, very tiring.

Another police officer said something similar about the K75s the Toronto Police used to have - this bike too required the rider to be more actively engaged and thus it was more work to ride it.

Here's my R1100S... last seen roaming the back roads of Vermont, Mass., and New Hampshire this weekend:

Attachments

• p1000722-small.JPG
    p1000722-small.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 42
If rain on Saturday, we will roll this ride over on Sunday. Same time and meeting place.

Final decision will be made on Friday. Watch this thread.

We will be aiming to depart at 12:30pm

UPDATE: Meeting place : Tim Hortons at Centennial Parkway (hwy 20) in Hamilton. This is right across from the Home Depot, as soon as you get off the QEW.

What to expect on this ride : A good mix of roads. Some straight country riding roads, which will then turn to scenic riding, mild twisties, and land-meets-water type of scenery, This route is fantastic! Our final stop will be in Port Dover. It's a really beautiful place in the summer, and we will end there for late lunch down by the beach area, do some hanging around, and check out the scenery. Lot's of bikes are to be found there too on summer weekends so we will be in good company.

See you there.

OFFICIAL : RIDE TO BE HELD ON SUNDAY.

WHEN : SUNDAY , July 25.

WHERE : PORT DOVER

Meeting place : Tim Hortons at Centennial Parkway (hwy 20) in Hamilton. This is right across from the Home Depot, as soon as you get off the QEW.

See you there!

I'll talk to my friends about this movement.

this is my toy!

I don't know how put the pic in bigger size lol.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 51
I am probably going to go, leaving from the Beach at around 10:30

I'll probably ride out for this one. Leaving from Jarvis & Bloor.

I'll talk to my friends about this movement.

this is my toy!

I don't know how put the pic in bigger size lol.

I saw this bike today! I was the Kawasaki Ninja 250 guy. Beautiful bike, thanks for letting me sit on and it and take pics. I would've love to hear it running, but didn't want to push my luck.

See you all there guys!

I have several people confirmed from another BMW forum.

Should be a great ride with a good mix of BM's!

Back
Top Bottom