BMW owners movement! | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Just joined the movement!!

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

More bikes than cars for now!

IMG_1075.jpg

Beautiful bike. BMW hit the nail on the head with the 800GS. Would love to take one out for a spin sometime and see how it compares engine wise to my 1200GS.

Yes they did!! I think if Ewan and Charley had taken the F800 instead of the 1200GS, they wouldn't have whined so much!!

Yes they did!! I think if Ewan and Charley had taken the F800 instead of the 1200GS, they wouldn't have whined so much!!

Doubt it :D

They had to cary way more gear then the average round the world rider needs to cary, even though they had support vehicles. Wonder how the 800GS would handle weighed down like a tank.

Doubt it :D

They had to cary way more gear then the average round the world rider needs to cary, even though they had support vehicles. Wonder how the 800GS would handle weighed down like a tank.

They packed too much I think. If they weren't weighed down so much, they wouldn't keep getting stuck. But you're right, I don't think the F800 can carry that much stuff.

They packed too much I think. If they weren't weighed down so much, they wouldn't keep getting stuck. But you're right, I don't think the F800 can carry that much stuff.

They had to much stuff because they had camera gear with them and everything that goes along with that, spare batteries, tapes, etc.

You putting hard bags on your bike? Any other farkles your planning on adding?

They had to much stuff because they had camera gear with them and everything that goes along with that, spare batteries, tapes, etc.

You putting hard bags on your bike? Any other farkles your planning on adding?

Looking at getting either Jesse or Trax panniers, and probably Touratech hand-guards. Anyone know where a good place is to get Adventure Spec engine guards?

You may want to check out ep!c, he is a member on advrider.com and makes hard bags. You cant beat the price of $275 USD for the set.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549028

I am contemplating getting a set for my 1200GS to replace my vario bags. Reviews say they are rock solid to, well put together.

I use Hepco & Becker for my tank guard and engine guard. Very good quality.
http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=47813

Will definitely check out the boxes, can't beat that price!! Wonder if they can be powder-coated...

Thanks for the heads up!

Will definitely check out the boxes, can't beat that price!! Wonder if they can be powder-coated...

Thanks for the heads up!

They can be if memory serves me correctly. I think he is setup with someone to powder coat them. He can be a bit slow on delivering from the posts, but yah, the price just cant be beat.

They can be if memory serves me correctly. I think he is setup with someone to powder coat them. He can be a bit slow on delivering from the posts, but yah, the price just cant be beat.

If you do end up getting them, let me know so I can swing by and check them out. You can check out the 800 in the meantime!

If you do end up getting them, let me know so I can swing by and check them out. You can check out the 800 in the meantime!

If I do get them it wont be till next year. No major trips planned this year so no need for new luggage. Still have yet to see anyone with them on a 1200GS yet so I need to see how it all looks and works mount wise. I like being able to pop my bags off in 30 seconds, so would want to see how the mounting goes with these bags.

I just finished that Epic pannier thread. If I had an 800Gs I would already have ordered them. I am interested to see what evolves for 1200's.

My BMW Vario bags are pretty and functional, but not very robust. I fear if you ever were doing actual adventure touring w them and went down, they'd be toast, and it would ruin your trip.

Last edited:
I just finished that Epic pannier thread. If I had an 800Gs I would already have ordered them. I am interested to see what evolves for 1200's.

My BMW Vario bags are pretty and functional, but not very robust. I fear if you ever were doing actual adventure touring w them and went down, they'd be toast, and it would ruin your trip.

Thats my thought as well. They are great for around town, love how they expand and are easy to remove. But they do have a "fischer price" feel to them, though they are more sturdy then that. I bought my side bags used and the previous owner had gone down with them on, there is some scuffing and a dent, but still works perfect. Probably wasn't a really bad drop, but not as fragile as they appear to be. I have yet to see anyone with a 1200GS with them, so I have been holding off. What he does a lot is if he hasn't made one for that model, he finds someone who wants them and has them ride over and makes them using your bike as the model. A bit to far to do that this year I am afraid, but that price just makes me drool. Its a fraction of the cost of other hard bags.

What about the mounting system? Are the mounts custom made for each bike?

He doesnt do the mounts, on the thread about those cases that I posted, he mentions what mounts work. I guess any generic mount can work with these cases. Not sure how other cases mount though, the BMW Vario cases I have are a unique mounting system to those cases. The maker of the cases rides a KLR and many who have bought them are riding klr's as well. Maybe take a look at the KLR mounts and give that thread a read over.

Back
Top Bottom