BMW owners movement! | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

BMW SPRING RIDE --------------> MAY 15.

Update from post 82.

Meeting place : Tim Hortons at Centennial Parkway (hwy 20) in Hamilton. This is right across from the Home Depot, as soon as you get off the QEW.

Address for your GPS : 315 Centennial Parkway North, Hamilton, ON L8E 2X3
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Tim+Hor...4&iwloc=A&sa=X

Time : We will be leaving at 1pm sharp.

Other notes :

-there is a Pioneer gas station right beside the Tim Horton's, so fill up! Our next stop will be approximately 1.5hrs after when we hit Niagara-on-the-Lake

-if there is a rain in the forecast, ride will be rescheduled to following day, or following week. Check this thread for update as the day approaches.

-Other than that, same crapola 'rules' as last time. Everyone ride your own ride, respect the other rider, keep staggered formation, keep the rider behind you in sight and make sure they don't miss any turns as there will be some quick ones and opposing traffic may hold up the following riders.

-On the back roads : We will be doing 10-20 over the speed limit on some parts, and we WILL be overtaking slower vehicles if and when necessary. Even if its a solid line. Of course, this is expected to be done SAFELY. If you have a problem with this. Please do not attend.

Other than that....... Let the good times roll!

Here is my Xchallenge in motard trim:

c39d04f4.jpg

Hey folks.

How much would you guys say a fully loaded 2006 k1200s with 60k on the odo should go for?

Ya, now that you mention it. Seems like another scam. Seeing some 06's with 5-10k in the trader for $12G. I'd guess a bike with 60k on the clock would be around $9 or so?

BMW SPRING RIDE --------------> MAY 15.

Update from post 82.

Meeting place : Tim Hortons at Centennial Parkway (hwy 20) in Hamilton. This is right across from the Home Depot, as soon as you get off the QEW.

Address for your GPS : 315 Centennial Parkway North, Hamilton, ON L8E 2X3
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Tim+Hor...4&iwloc=A&sa=X

Time : We will be leaving at 1pm sharp.

Other notes :

-there is a Pioneer gas station right beside the Tim Horton's, so fill up! Our next stop will be approximately 1.5hrs after when we hit Niagara-on-the-Lake

-if there is a rain in the forecast, ride will be rescheduled to following day, or following week. Check this thread for update as the day approaches.

-Other than that, same crapola 'rules' as last time. Everyone ride your own ride, respect the other rider, keep staggered formation, keep the rider behind you in sight and make sure they don't miss any turns as there will be some quick ones and opposing traffic may hold up the following riders.

-On the back roads : We will be doing 10-20 over the speed limit on some parts, and we WILL be overtaking slower vehicles if and when necessary. Even if its a solid line. Of course, this is expected to be done SAFELY. If you have a problem with this. Please do not attend.

Other than that....... Let the good times roll!

Would have loved to but have a wedding.

Those are pictures from Daytona BMW I believe. They use the same shot location in all their eBay ads.

But hey, the listing is probably real, just put your money in eBay escrow, and they will ship you the bike from Yellowknife where the guy's bother is storing it while the seller is on a secret submarine mission for the Norwegians.

I'm in if they wife lets me! I've got a buddy from Buffalo planning on showing up too.

If your buddy from Buffalo decides to come, PM me, and I can put him in contact with 2-3 others from that area who are riding over together.

Uh oh......

Looks like somebody else joined the movement too....... :)

30wo6dy.jpg

I was asking the cops about the BMW P's. They don't seem to like them but wouldnt say why. I think its cause they're new..or maybe they like going slower and overheating in the HD's.

I was asking the cops about the BMW P's. They don't seem to like them but wouldnt say why. I think its cause they're new..or maybe they like going slower and overheating in the HD's.

I would be curious about that as well. Having rid similar HD's as the police bikes and owning a BMW bike, I think the BMW is a much nice rider and those would have a smoother engine and get upto speed much faster.

Why coppers don't like BMW's:

1. They need to get their tats modified
  2. They need a new wardrobe and have to take their HD stickers off their pickups and cruisers
  3. It makes even less sense for them to wear beanie helmets
  4. they might be expected to wear actual motorcycle gear and not polyester horse duds
  5. they have less excuse when the bad guys get away - "my bike was too slow and handled like a transport truck" won't be legit anymore
  6. They haven't forgiven the Germans for recovering after the thrashing Canada gave them in WWII.
Me, I think they're great. Now get them proper gear and we're all set.

Maybe their jackboots don't go well with the new styling...

maybe because they are more reliable, so they have to spend more time patroling streets, then waiting in garage for bike to be fixed.

Here's the NZ version...

3517003580_0fdd042c33.jpg

Back
Top Bottom