BMW owners movement! | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Hmm, sorry Richard, but the thing is amazing. And that's with the RPM restricted to 9k. I'm half-way through the break in at this point but I think the grin stuck on my face may be permanent.

I am getting cautious about stopping at Tim's for a quick coffee though as it does tend to collect a small crowd.

I'm 6'4" and the bike fits me perfectly. Very comfortable, despite the very firm seat. The brakes continue to amaze me and create my only scary experiences so far because I tend to feel when braking hard that the bike and I are about to part company. But I can't be pushing the brakes that hard because I have yet to have the ABS kick in.

Is everyone going to the Motorrad thing at Mosport in July? I'm curious about it and I'm planning my vacation now and wonder if I should try to make sure I'm around for that weekend or not.

Enjoy the bike. It really is a beauty. I have a hard enough time behaving with the 800, I can only imagine what trouble I could get into with that!

I'll be doing the Mosport thing in July. Never been to one, usually do Montreal F1, but I think this year, we will give the MOtorad thing a go. I hear its an amazing time, and maybe I'll get to try out an S1RR. :)

I was lucky enough to ride this bike for 2 days on the track at the keith code race school. it is indeed amazing fun. the traction control and the wheelie control are very nice features, and the quickshifter is also a must have! I am going to install one on my track bike.
here are a couple of shots of the bike on the track:

Nice Pics!!

BMW SPRING RIDE --------------> MAY 15.

This is a tradition we started on the F800 forum, and would like invite all BMW owners to our ride this spring!

The ride will begin along the Niagara Escarpment's Ridge road, then moving into Niagara wine country route, then Port Dalhousie, then Niagara-on-the-lake downtown, and finishing up on the Niagara Parkway into Fort Erie and then returning into Niagara Falls and catching the major tour area routes like Clifton Hill and Lundys Lane. We will then finish off with a nice dinner in the Niagara area.

I figure the riding aspect with stops along the way will be 4+ hours. For those that came last time, meeting point will change (announced later) as I have extended route to commence at Ridge Rd.

Join us! Its a fun afternoon of winding roads, nice scenery, and good times.

We have riders confirmed from as far up north as Alliston, and we have at least 3 coming up from US.

Meeting point and more will be announced closer to the date.

PAST RIDES :

May 2009 -----> http://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25521&highlight=ice+house&page=5

Oct 2009 ------> http://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31939&highlight=autumn+fun+ride&page=3

I'd be interested in this ride.

DSC_3606.JPG

I love the Adventure, and wish I had one, but feel that for an everyday rider it would just be too much.

I love the Adventure, and wish I had one, but feel that for an everyday rider it would just be too much.

I have the lowly GS... as an everyday rider its great, and as a tourer its even better. I ride my GS 8 months of the year and have no issue with it as a commuting bike, it is fantastic having all the luggage and storage options. The GSA is the ONLY bike I would replace mine with. When I buy a new bimmer in 2 years I will be going to the GSA, gorgeous bike!

IMG_7456.jpg

Last edited:

actually, it's quite manageable...even downtown traffic, etc. very deceiving (once it's moving....pushing it around is another story). i thought the exact same thing and then had the opportunity to ride it....and i am certainly not the biggest guy around. :)

fantastic bike.

dealsgap-1.jpg

Last edited:
After a lot of research, I'm thinking I want an 80's K75 or K100.
Can anyone point me in the direction of more info on these bikes or reasons why I shouldn't?
I have read all about the vibrations of the K100 and possible final drive wear.
They look magnificent, are in my price range and see some are in the 300k
odo range, sounds like a BMW me.
Thanks,
Chris

Can anyone point me in the direction of more info on these bikes or reasons why I shouldn't?
Thanks,
Chris

I think there's a K100 still at Open Road BMW in white. Only 15K from 1990 - just over $6K. I know my fiance was drooling over it when I went to pick up my bike. :D

I posted this in the new bikes thread but I want in with the BMW movement! :p Pazzo shorties for my stubby little hands.

f650gs.jpg

f650gspazzos.jpg

I really wanted a K bike back in the day. Then my kids were born and I stopped riding for 15 years. They still look really fine to me. Many may of them are still daily driver racking up the miles. If I found one I really liked, and it had a reasonable service history, I'd pick one up.

actually, it's quite manageable...even downtown traffic, etc. very deceiving (once it's moving....pushing it around is another story). i thought the exact same thing and then had the opportunity to ride it....and i am certainly not the biggest guy around. :)

fantastic bike.

dealsgap-1.jpg

I'm still not convinced. The more I get accustomed to the plain GS, the more I ride it like a hooligan bike. I just cannot see riding the water buffalo like that. Of course, maybe I should just grow up a bit?

Thanks,
Chris
both are great bikes, K75 has less vibration (even with 3 cylinders), k100 is somewhere better for speed, and 2 up traveling
the big issue for them is maintenance, if they are abused with service, the cost can be significant.
parts are still available from BMW or third party suppliers

I'm still not convinced. The more I get accustomed to the plain GS, the more I ride it like a hooligan bike. I just cannot see riding the water buffalo like that. Of course, maybe I should just grow up a bit?

it's not THAT much heavier....just don't fill the tank all the way. ;)

trust me, it is possible to ride like an idiot on it. :)

it's not THAT much heavier....just don't fill the tank all the way. ;)

trust me, it is possible to ride like an idiot on it. :)

What about the height? I have my seat set high and have a 32" inseam, and I am on my toes at stops. The GSA is at least an inch higher, it must be challenging at lights. Still, I am loving the look more and more.

R

What about the height? I have my seat set high and have a 32" inseam, and I am on my toes at stops. The GSA is at least an inch higher, it must be challenging at lights. Still, I am loving the look more and more.

R

i can't have much longer legs than you (wear my jeans in a 32" inseam)....the stock seat was manageable, but slightly challenging 2 up with luggage. so the touratech x-low seat does the trick!

Back
Top Bottom