BMW owners movement! | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Here's the NZ version...

3517003580_0fdd042c33.jpg

My god!! A cop that actually looks like he understands and promotes safe riding!

Apstdnp - yes, I have an S1RR. Four weeks and 2k kms later I'm still falling deeper in love with it. Damn thing is amazing.

Here's the NZ version...

3517003580_0fdd042c33.jpg

That's an R1150RTP. They must have had them for a while. Or I guess it could be an older picture.

RT's aren't just for police, ya know. Fire dept's use em too. ;)

24azfxk.jpg

I wonder what's the thinking behind that fire bike? Is it a gag? If it's for real, the only thing I can think that it would be useful for is first responder to auto fires. It's carrying far too little suppressant for much else.

I wonder what's the thinking behind that fire bike? Is it a gag? If it's for real, the only thing I can think that it would be useful for is first responder to auto fires. It's carrying far too little suppressant for much else.

I was thinking the same thing, though it probably has ample suppressant to put out a kitchen fire, small shed fire, car fire... at the very least a good first response vehicle, especially for a car fire in a tight traffic situation

in many European countries bikes are used as emergency vehicles, carrying basic medical and fire equipment.
The key is to arrive early and used all available locally equipment, control traffic, etc and wait for full forces to arrive and transport to hospital.

I think this would be good idea in Toronto, now EMS does not guarantee arrival time (used to be less than 10 minutes), and less than 10 minutes can be difference in survival.

in many European countries bikes are used as emergency vehicles, carrying basic medical and fire equipment.
The key is to arrive early and used all available locally equipment, control traffic, etc and wait for full forces to arrive and transport to hospital.

I think this would be good idea in Toronto, now EMS does not guarantee arrival time (used to be less than 10 minutes), and less than 10 minutes can be difference in survival.

The unions won't allow any fulltime departments to do that. They want a significant number of firefighters on the ground before anyone is allowed to do anything. Although departments in other parts of the world often use far fewer, I still don't think any would attack a fire with only one firefighter and a minuscule amount of extinguishing agent. I suspect the bike is a custom and just for show.

There is a fire department in Washington State that has some of their paramedics on motorcycles as first responders on the highways however, and at least one fire department in England has one of their blokes riding an S1RR around to promote rider education to the hooligans. Cool job.

Well, I sit corrected.

I still have a hard time believing any fire service would put it into service though.

BMW SPRING RIDE --------------> MAY 15

Update :

We anticipate the ride to total about 4-5 hours. At the end, on the way back from the Falls, we will hop on the 406 (near QEW) and be stopping for dinner.

http://www.frescoseurogrille.ca/home.php

100 Fourth Ave
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
L2S 3P3

Phone - 905.687.8088

BMW SPRING RIDE --------------> MAY 15.

Update from post 82.

Meeting place : Tim Hortons at Centennial Parkway (hwy 20) in Hamilton. This is right across from the Home Depot, as soon as you get off the QEW.

Address for your GPS : 315 Centennial Parkway North, Hamilton, ON L8E 2X3
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Tim+Hor...4&iwloc=A&sa=X

Time : We will be leaving at 1pm sharp.

Other notes :

-there is a Pioneer gas station right beside the Tim Horton's, so fill up! Our next stop will be approximately 1.5hrs after when we hit Niagara-on-the-Lake

-if there is a rain in the forecast, ride will be rescheduled to following day, or following week. Check this thread for update as the day approaches.

-Other than that, same crapola 'rules' as last time. Everyone ride your own ride, respect the other rider, keep staggered formation, keep the rider behind you in sight and make sure they don't miss any turns as there will be some quick ones and opposing traffic may hold up the following riders.

-On the back roads : We will be doing 10-20 over the speed limit on some parts, and we WILL be overtaking slower vehicles if and when necessary. Even if its a solid line. Of course, this is expected to be done SAFELY. If you have a problem with this. Please do not attend.

Other than that....... Let the good times roll!

Ya, now that you mention it. Seems like another scam. Seeing some 06's with 5-10k in the trader for $12G. I'd guess a bike with 60k on the clock would be around $9 or so?

According to the kelly blue book it is worth $10,400 US and if it has ABS (I'm sure it does) and ESA you can ad $1200.00 to the value.

Sat projected foreceast :

19 degrees.
o8c6ja.jpg

Great day to go punish some twisties. :)

See you all there!

Meeting place : Tim Hortons at Centennial Parkway (hwy 20) in Hamilton. This is right across from the Home Depot, as soon as you get off the QEW.

Address for your GPS : 315 Centennial Parkway North, Hamilton, ON L8E 2X3
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Tim+Hor...4&iwloc=A&sa=X

Time : We will be leaving at 1pm sharp.

see post 102 for more details.

BMW SPRING RIDE --------------> MAY 15.

All BMW owners invited to our ride this spring!

The ride will begin along the Niagara Escarpment's Ridge road, then moving into Niagara wine country route, then Port Dalhousie, then Niagara-on-the-lake downtown, and finishing up on the Niagara Parkway into Fort Erie and then returning into Niagara Falls and catching the major tour area routes like Clifton Hill and Lundys Lane. We will then finish off with a nice dinner.

I figure the riding aspect with stops along the way will be 4+ hours. For those that came last time, meeting point will change (announced later) as I have extended route to commence at Ridge Rd.

Join us! Its a fun afternoon of winding roads, nice scenery, and good times.

We have riders confirmed from as far up north as Alliston, and we have at least 3 coming up from US.

PAST RIDES :

May 2009 -----> http://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25521&highlight=ice+house&page=5

Oct 2009 ------> http://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31939&highlight=autumn+fun+ride&page=3

Last edited:
How many riders have you got so far?

Not too, too many I hope. It will slow things down. ;)

We typically average around 10-20 on our rides.

I was asking the cops about the BMW P's. They don't seem to like them but wouldnt say why. I think its cause they're new..or maybe they like going slower and overheating in the HD's.

its because they dont have the "Poser Factor" that they get with the Harley's

And then some riders can only dream........

2w2elu8.jpg

Great ride guys! See you on the next one.

Looks like a Ragu joined the Saurkrauts.....

25hfvur.jpg

aax01h.jpg

21nnzwg.jpg

295z5ll.jpg

2uepv8l.jpg

9qe72b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom