BMW owners movement! | Page 21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

There's a 500+ page thread on ADVrider of people crossing the double yellow at Deal's Gap. This is only one of them. Most are guys on large V-twins but all makes and types are represented. But you keep on with the stereotyping, we can take it.:p

Yes, that is the first shot in that thread....it's b/c I know you guys are tough I thought I could get away with it....I'm an airhead guy myself.....luv em...

so in the interest of equal exposure...

images

Just pick up a 2009 F800s from one of the member
Already put 2000km on it in a week. Loving the bike!!

Last edited:
Just pick up a 2009 F800s from one of the member
Already put 2000km on it in a week. Loving the bike!!

Congrats.

You have the only 2009 Canadian spec F800S model in Canada. BMW sent a 2009 model to display at the Dec 08 bike show, but at the last moment, they decided they would ax this model from the lineup. As a result, BMW Canada sold off the only 2009 they had.

You may be interested in www.f800riders.org

Last edited:
4th annual spring brekky meet.

Set for Good Friday holiday, April 6, 2012. 10am.
(Weather permitting)

All BMW riders welcome!

We're giving the Ice House a break this year........new meeting place.......

http://www.memphisfirebbq.com/

1091 Hwy. 8, Stoney Creek, Ontario

This place here has a fabulous breakfast, and plenty of room.

Family owned and run. Fantastic food.

See you all there. :cool:

Last edited:
4th annual spring brekky meet.

Set for Good Friday holiday, April 6, 2012. 10am.
(Weather permitting)

All BMW riders welcome!

We're giving the Ice House a break this year........new meeting place.......

http://www.memphisfirebbq.com/

1091 Hwy. 8, Stoney Creek, Ontario

This place here has a fabulous breakfast, and plenty of room.

Family owned and run. Fantastic food.

See you all there. :cool:

Revised date!

Good Friday holiday, April 6. 10am.

Helluva mod...

OBWEs.jpg

Seeing lots of air-heads on the road recently, The early R80 G/S is really neat and not as ungainly looking as the current R1200 GS. Great around town bike and for the backroads.

Would be nice if BMW offered a retro bike like the Moto Guzzi V7 series. But knowing them they would over-engineer it and would cost as much as the current GS.

Seeing lots of air-heads on the road recently, The early R80 G/S is really neat and not as ungainly looking as the current R1200 GS. Great around town bike and for the backroads.

Would be nice if BMW offered a retro bike like the Moto Guzzi V7 series. But knowing them they would over-engineer it and would cost as much as the current GS.

Something like this would be pretty sweet:
moto_ita.jpg

I find my BMW easier to work on then any other Japanese bike I have ever owned. There are certain things I cannot do with the electronics, but everything else is right there, with pretty easy access.

Something like this would be pretty sweet:
moto_ita.jpg

I find my BMW easier to work on then any other Japanese bike I have ever owned. There are certain things I cannot do with the electronics, but everything else is right there, with pretty easy access.
Amigo!

For anyone interested: I've contacted Steve @ TrailTours.com for a one-on-one training day out in the Ganaraska forest. I'll be riding my R1200GS. Price confirmation will follow (shouldn't be much higher than what he quoted me in a previous year, which was $110 for the day: half-day on his bike and half-day on mine). I'll update anyone that sends me a PM with interest in this venture.

For anyone interested: I've contacted Steve @ TrailTours.com for a one-on-one training day out in the Ganaraska forest. I'll be riding my R1200GS. Price confirmation will follow (shouldn't be much higher than what he quoted me in a previous year, which was $110 for the day: half-day on his bike and half-day on mine). I'll update anyone that sends me a PM with interest in this venture.

Can't wait to get my GS next year...

I need 4 more BMW riders to join me an form a group of 5 - to take a one-day private training course from BMW for $160 (which includes riding gear, all you can eat lunch, a trail pass for the day, and all taxes). You bring and ride your own bike. The conclusion of this one day course is some sort of BMW GS certificate.

Who's in? Courses held Tue/Wed/Fri of any week when we have the 5 confirmed riders. Please PM me if you're actually serious about this.
PS: if we have only 2 people, the cost is $210 per person everything included. Also, a BMW bike is not a prerequisite; neither is trail experience.

I drove a 528i for 7 year so when I decided to get a bike it had to be a Beemer. 2003 R1150GS

Attachments

• bmw 2.jpg
    bmw 2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 16
We now have 4 people confirmed and good to go. Need just one more 100% confirmation.

I don't think my bike would do well on trails. :D

on the other hand you can just pick it up and carry it out of the mud...

Just test rode an S1000RR on the weekend during the BMW Toronto Motorrad Children's Aid event. Although it was a sedate demo ride overall, there were a few opportunities to accelerate and lean it over...all I can say is 'wow'. And here I was thinking that my bike kicks a**.

There was a brief window of thinking about a second bike but unfortunately the bank (i.e. wife) nixed that idea after she was told that it is basically a full on race bike made legal for the street.

Sadly will have to do with my K1300S. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom