BMW owners movement! | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

I was thinking of going. Never been before, not really sure all of what goes on, but the demo rides is a draw. I am curious to try out some of the different bikes, not that I am in the market.

I should be there late Saturday and/or on Sunday. I'll be the tall guy on the Acid Green S1000. I'd be happy to meet up with anyone and share a beer (I'm assuming they have some sort of beer tent - they are Germans, right?).

I was at the Summerfest last year. I found it kinda boring; it's a chance for BMW to showcase its bikes and create a sales atmosphere. There are races going on at the same time, motorcycle demonstrations, tent-top presentations and probably the campout is a social blast in the evening. I made it a day trip last year and enjoyed the ride to Mosport and back. But I don't think I'll go this year.

Went last year too. I thought it was pretty good.

Will be going again this year, likely on the Saturday.

Highlights from last year :

-LOTS of BMW motorcycles of all kinds.
-fantastic deals on clearout (last years) BMW gear, as many dealers have tents and even BMW Canada has a huge tent selling off last years gear at insane pricing.
-Demo rides of virtually every BMW model. I took out an HP2 Sport and K1300R. Couldn't quite snag the S1000RR at the time but will try this year. :)
-Chris Pfeiffer put on an amazing stunt show. The man is definitely talented. (not sure if he is going this year again)
-David Hatch and crew were there filming an episode of TSN's "Motorcycling Experience"
-Also, for non-BMW fans, Honda, Kawi and Suzuki also offered demo rides.

Oh yeah, last but not least......

-some great racing taking place on the track! Szoke, Trombino, and a few others put on a great show! This year, wish super kid McCormick in the mix, should be some interesting moments.

Its a great day trip...... see you there!

:)

Last edited:
Went last year too. I thought it was pretty good.

Will be going again this year, likely on the Saturday.

Highlights from last year :

-LOTS of BMW motorcycles of all kinds.
-fantastic deals on clearout (last years) BMW gear, as many dealers have tents and even BMW Canada has a huge tent selling off last years gear at insane pricing.
-Demo rides of virtually every BMW model. I took out an HP2 Sport and K1300R. Couldn't quite snag the S1000RR at the time but will try this year. :)
-Chris Pfeiffer did an amazing on track demo of his stunt riding. (not sure if he is going this year again)
-David Hatch and crew were there filming an episode of TSN's "Motorcycling Experience"
-Also, for non-BMW fans, Honda, Kawi and Suzuki also offered demo rides.

Oh yeah, last but not least......

-some great racing taking place on the track! Szoke, Trombino, and a few others put on a great show!

Its a great day trip...... see you there!

:)

are the demo rides part of the ticket price?

huge lineups for those?

are the demo rides part of the ticket price?

huge lineups for those?

They run for most of the day, if not all day from what I remember.

What they try to do, to be "fair", is you can't presign for a demo until 1hr before the actual demo ride. So if you want to ride a specific bike, its your choice to stand in line for the hour until they start booking for the ride. Its a first come first serve basis, and you get to pick which bike you'd like.

Needless to say, the cool bikes all get snapped up first.

Join us......

***** THIRD ANNUAL BMW OWNERS MEET AND RIDE ******

When : Saturday, Sept. 10

where : meet at Tim Hortons on Centennial Pkwy (highway 20) by the QEW, Hamilton

time : 1:30PM DEPARTURE (ride to be 2-3hrs)

destination : Niagara bound (via the scenic way, down to the NF parkway)

who : All BMW riders welcome.

optional : stop for an early dinner at the end of the ride?

Last year : We had an amazing time with 17 riders and a route that took us along the shores of Lake Erie and towards Port Dover.

Hopefully this year, we can have even more!

9rpqo6.jpg

See you there.

:icon_smile:

Last edited:
Thanks all for coming out.

Great weather and day for a good ride.

Thanks for the unscheduled stop BimmerMike.
mod.gif

1054n04.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the unscheduled stop BimmerMike.
mod.gif

I will not say anytime :violent1: This is me saying what I wanted to say to Office Poindexter:rolleyes:

Could've been much worse but even after knocking it down it was still 3 demerit points.
On the way home I witnessed a couple of clowns pulling wheelies down the service road beside the QEW and then almost home when Tim and I get stuck behind a cage who was driving mostly down the middle of a paved backroad and occasionally down the wrong side....didn't see them getting a ticket....or the little lecture:confused1:

Oh well...I did like the roads:cool: Never been down ridge road before.

I didn't catch his username, but the rider with the grey R12R had some very nice pics on his phone. I hope he posts them.

No pictures of the officer:rolleyes:

Mike, all I know, is that I can't ride with you anymore. As the cop says...."your riding influences other riders"......:lmao:

Year, I remember the other guy saying he had some of the group riding. Was hoping to see some shots.
speaking of influencing others
Damn you guys all speed! I was doing 130ish most of the way home, and got passed by 3 guys from our group!

Back
Top Bottom