BMW owners movement! | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Here is mine. Sold my (I'm keeping this bike forever) ZRX1100 for this 2006 K-bike. Did a getting acquainted ride yesterday.

hookieMay52011025.jpg

I keep thinking about a K1200s or a K1300s. Such nice cycles. I fear that I would have no driver's license left after a very short time (never mind the S1000). They are also no good for bashing through the forest. Right now with a 16 year old in the house with a moto license insurance won't let me have multiple bikes without one of them being his, at a huge premium. If not for that, I am sure I would have a K bike, and take the risk with keeping the license.

So until my kid goes to school, I stick with my GS.

Just got an email from Motorcycle Experience from TSN on Saturdays. Coming up tomorrow :

-
Show Host Dave Hatch takes a look at an extremely rare 1953 BMW R67/2.

Viewer Tamara Morin samples BMW's all new middleweight naked runner the F800R - Chris Pfeiffer edition.

The Ultimate Ride team explores the Chimney Rock State Park in scenic North Carolina.

edit :
TSN/TSN-HD Broadcast Schedule
Sunday May 08 - 2:30pm
Monday May 09 - 1:30am
Friday May 13 - 1:30pm

TSN2 Broadcast Schedule
Monday May 09 - 2:00pm
Tuesday May 10 - 6:00pm

Last edited:
This is my girl; "Honey"

Actually, am having a BIG problem (that shouldn't be this difficult but, BMW put the battery in the stupidest place on this bike) My battery is completely dead (tried to bump start it with no luck) and am a little intimidated about taking the fairing off, etc to get the battery out to put on the tender. Any suggestions?

Many thanks, Diana

Attachments

• BMW Autotrader Pic.jpg
    BMW Autotrader Pic.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 46
Hi

I just talked to some helpful guys over at BMW and they don't have the part but, you can get it at Radio World

http://radioworld.ca/motorsports-power-accessories-ppc-018-p-5764.html

So, I guess I would need a different battery charger as the one I have now only has alligator clips; not the "plug" at the end of the adaptor.

They also said I could just "pop" out the dump bin and that will give me the access I need to get to the back battery terminal that I can't reach from under the seat; without needing the adapter :)

Hoping someday soon, I will be riding again..sigh!

$14 bucks seems like a great deal until I found out the above website estimated $70 for shipping... no thanks... I do need one of these adaptors though anyone else have a source? I heard that John Deer uses the same plug. Anyone know if that's true?

You can get this part at any dealer that stocks/orders Powerlet. dualsportplus.com has all kinds of this stuff in stock.

And get a pigtail with the matching 2 terminal connector; clip your alligators to the ends.

Thanks for the suggestions. Glad I'll be able to walk into a store and buy a power adapter saving on shipping. Plus seems like a good excuse for a ride to Stoney Creek.

Battery Tenders come with a lead to attach to your battery and leave in place. Then you simply plug it in to the Tender and let it keep the battery charged. They recommend leaving it plugged in all winter.

Anyone know what kind of mount I can get for a Garmin Nuvi 265T to mount to my 03" R1150RT? Cannot find anything out there that isn't under $100.00.

I bought the parts from RAM. Way cheaper than anywhere else and the shipping was fast. I mounted my Zumo into the dash, worked awesome.

It was 3 pieces. Base to connect to the bike, the arm and the base to connect to the Garmin mount. I have the RTP but their basically the same bike. You have to remove the windshield and remove the dash. I put in a backing to make it more secure. I also used rubber grommets to help with vibration. There is virtually none the way its set up.
rammount.jpg

And with the GPS. with the articulating arm you can position the GPS anywhere. I usually have it over my speedo. GPS has speed display anyway and it makes for a good viewing position.
zumo.jpg

Its about time BMW owners had a "movement." A lot of them seem really bunged up! :)

Well to add to the "movement" I just bought a new to me 2010 GSA, well confirmed the deal, have to pay still :)

Sold my 06 GS to a friend. Now I will need to start getting the GSA farkled up. The short and quick list is a sargeant seat, Zumo 660 and a BMW top case. It has everything else really, fully loaded computer, ASC and everything else you can put in it, plus BMW side bags.

Back
Top Bottom