BMW owners movement! | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Picking up my new bike on Saturday:)

K1600GTL

K1600GTL_Blue.jpg

Garry

Sick bike Garry. Not exactly my style, but a technological marvel. I am sure you're going to love it.

Garry, let us know how/if you like the adaptive headlight.

K1600GTL

K1600GTL_Blue.jpg

Garry

Me too! Steve was saying he had a few deliveries lined up for Saturday....it'll be a busy time with the open house going on...other option for me is possibly Friday depending on the weather....Saturday seems like a great riding day!

K1600GTL

Garry

Nice bike, Garry. Do let us know how you like it.

Check out this months issue of Bike magazine at the newsstand. They have an unbelievable pic of the tester riding this bike fully leant over with hard parts scraping and sparks a flying. Impressive.

Awesome machine Garry. Please post some pics as soon as you can. Congratulations and enjoy it!

Nice bike, Garry. Do let us know how you like it.

Check out this months issue of Bike magazine at the newsstand. They have an unbelievable pic of the tester riding this bike fully leant over with hard parts scraping and sparks a flying. Impressive.

Can you scan the picture and send it to me? I don't see it on their website.

Garry

Can you scan the picture and send it to me? I don't see it on their website.

Garry

Garry.....looks like you got some serious riding to do on this new bike of yours. :D

Bike mag testers amaze me. I understand getting comfy fairly quickly on any modern SS and doing big leans right off the bat, but this????

edit : lol, read the opening paragraph.

5pea7p.jpg

rhvqpy.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking bike! I have a 2010 acid green. I live in West end of Toronto...we should hook up for a ride!

Nice looking bike! I have a 2010 acid green. I live in West end of Toronto...we should hook up for a ride!

Cool! I'm trying to get a GTA S1K meet happening over on S1000RR Forums...Let's make it happen....I'm also in the west end...Mississauga/Oakville

Hi, i sat on a 2007 K1200 the other day at a suzuki dealer and wow it was a nice bike! I'm considering the F800S (full fairing) as a long term bike purchase (not looking at flipping it), any thoughts? i've been riding a year and was going to get an SV650SA but this is much sweeter :)

Are the bikes better built than the cars?
After a few years the plastic parts on my BMW 530 cracked, the final stage for the blower shorted out and killed my battery, and the electric cooling fan shorted out, caught on fire, and blew a 50 amp fuse.

Here's mine. Love it.

1985K100.jpg

Very nice bike. How many Km on it? Are you the original owner?

Hi, i sat on a 2007 K1200 the other day at a suzuki dealer and wow it was a nice bike! I'm considering the F800S (full fairing) as a long term bike purchase (not looking at flipping it), any thoughts? i've been riding a year and was going to get an SV650SA but this is much sweeter :)

Not sure if you're talking about the K1200 or the F800S but both have some quirks. Only the F800ST came with a full (2/3) fairing. The S version only has the 1/2 fairing unless you go aftermarket like I did for my S. As a long term bike I would have no reserves about choosing either one but, there is a price premium over the Japanese brands.

Are the bikes better built than the cars?
After a few years the plastic parts on my BMW 530 cracked, the final stage for the blower shorted out and killed my battery, and the electric cooling fan shorted out, caught on fire, and blew a 50 amp fuse.

They are ok. But if you are looking for Japanese reliability, go elsewhere. I'm a huge Honda fan, own their cars to power equipment. Almost bought a Honda bike. But went with the BMW. 2+ years later, no regrets.

What a nice problem to have....choosing between a K or an F. Both are great bikes for different reasons. Try em out and see whats best for you.

Back
Top Bottom