Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 489 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Might be a good time to consider a full EV now with all these announced slow downs….

Or is it a bad sign overall…

I don't think the governments actually handed over any money to the company yet..
What's going to happen to the other battery plants the governments are giving money to?
In an interesting and unsurprising twist, canada.ca appears to intentionally modify dates on releases to make searching by recent almost impossible. Lots of releases from the last week that were actually in 2022 but you need to click through each one to find the original date. Absolutely pollutes results.

They also make it very difficult to determine what money has been spent. Lots of press releases and photo ops but very little tracking or accountability on the backend.

Tech and price changes moving so fast a cheap EV lease if your commute is not too far might mitigate risk. Depends on the fine print.
I wouldnt be too concerned. Sure, some stuff has changed but any vehicle made in the last 10 years is good enough for me (excluding those that were turds from the beginning like the Leaf [and nost other nissan/mitsu for that matter]).

What would you do?

A guy from Barrie is doing a job in Ottawa and late Thursday he realizes he needs a special part from home. He wants to have the job done by the end of the week.

He could drive back and get it but get next to no sleep.

Hi son could deliver it to Ottawa but sonny drives a Tesla.

The most direct route is through Bancroft but how many charge points are there.

400 to 401 to 417 is longer but likely more charge points.

I would have had them meet half way.

What would you do?

A guy from Barrie is doing a job in Ottawa and late Thursday he realizes he needs a special part from home. He wants to have the job done by the end of the week.

Kid can drive. Most teslas most of the time can do barrie to Ottawa without stopping if you take it easy with your right foot. If you're worried about range, stay high instead of 401. If you go for speed, hammer down on 401 with a hit on a supercharger may save a few minutes.

If it's really cold out, Tesla may need a charge part way but you only need one so that isn't crazy to expect to find at least a single available working charger along that route.

Last edited:
What would you do?

Charging network isn't built out yet. No question the 7 route is sparse. I would do 400 to 404 to 401 to 416. No shortage there.

What would you do?

There are tesla superchargers in minden and bancroft. When I drove to Ottawa I did one short charging stop in bancroft. Or you could just take the 401, would probably need to take 2 short (20 min) charging stops.

I got over 30,000 kms on my 1 year old Tesla, mostly from road trips, and making frequent short charging stops is much better than fewer long stops.

What would you do?

charger in bancroft is a tessie and right outside a crappy tire and grocery store. i wouldnt hesitate to do this trip.

What would you do?

They can likely work out how to do it with the Tesla, meet halfway at a charge point, lots of options. But at the same time, for these one off corner cases, they can always rent a small ICE car. Or just ship the item overnight.

Slightly unrelated but because the price of replacement batteries at the dealer has been raised a few times, here's a recent quote for a replacement ICE engine at a dealer (engine seized). It's actually pretty cheap for a dealer engine job imo.

No vehicle should be having major service done at a dealer outside of warranty unless you hate money.

452943958_8097268200319438_7260862941576895979_n.jpg

Slightly unrelated but because the price of replacement batteries at the dealer has been raised a few times, here's a recent quote for a replacement ICE engine at a dealer (engine seized). It's actually pretty cheap for a dealer engine job imo.

No vehicle should be having major service done at a dealer outside of warranty unless you hate money.

Ahhh the good old days of rear wheel drive. Park the car under a tree and using a block and tackle hoist out the old engine and drop in one from the wreckers.

Note that the engine being replaced is a 6.7 liter V-8. I would hope that a smaller block would come with a smaller price. The labour rate seems to indicate a week's work. Hmmm.

Slightly different. Guy buys a water logged Tesla. Tesla won't sell him the parts for repair so he goes ICE.

Clustertruck vs. F-150. Someone grab the Crazy Glue® out of the toolbox.

In fairness, WhistlinDiesel was deliberately doing things to break the vehicle. If you are on a mission to break something, you will eventually succeed.

I don't think deliberately driving over the edge of something so that the rear bumper support lands solidly on a concrete block is a fair representation of a vehicle's durability.

I don't think deliberately driving over the edge of something so that the rear bumper support lands solidly on a concrete block is a fair representation of a vehicle's durability.

But it is funny.

I haven't heard of the linked website and am not sure of its legitimacy. If anyone knows its bs, let me know.

if this author is correct, Cybertruck sales Are crashing and not many reservations are being converted into sales. They made a reservation two months ago and were told their truck is ready for delivery. There were 2M cybertruck reservations at the end of 2023. They've delivered about 12k as of a month ago. That means something like 1.95M reservations didn't convert into sales. Ouch. That is an epic collapse (if true).

Back
Top Bottom