Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 487 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Im surprised I haven’t seen one yet in the GTA
Saw one 1-2 weeks ago on the 407 between Milton and Mississauga. It was heading East.

The entire bumper was lit up with its wide headlight. I suspected that that's what it was from a far distance. Once we got closer, it confirmed it.

I didn't see that coming, but the connection makes a whole lot of sense.

For sure. Why do the R&D + tooling on stuff like wishbones, sway bars, switches, heater cores, etc. when you can retrofit OEM outsourced parts that already meet any required standards?

For sure. Why do the R&D + tooling on stuff like wishbones, sway bars, switches, heater cores, etc. when you can retrofit OEM outsourced parts that already meet any required standards?

Thing is, all of that is already in production for the Rivian R1 platform, and the R2 platform has already been engineered and probably (I don't know for sure) uses similar architecture to the R1 only smaller, and it isn't at all similar to how VW does things. What has become apparent, is that VW's own EV platform is underwhelming. The tie-up between these companies brings options. They could build smaller and lower-powered EVs using VW's platform and the bigger and heavier and higher-performance vehicles with Rivian's platform, for example.

VW's similar architecture and components all the way from the ID3 (Golf-sized) to the ID7 (Passat) and ID Buzz probably means the ID3 weighs more than it should while the ID7 and ID Buzz are underpowered ... and the ID3 is still slow(ish) because there's no room for a front drivetrain.

Do you think there's a chance of the "RAM Revolution" concept truck seeing production?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch to an electric RAM in a year or two, but I'm kinda hoping this concept truck comes to life. The new RAM electric trucks look nice, but this thing is next level!

That particular one was strictly a concept vehicle. There's going to be an EV and a strong-hybrid Ram truck in the not too distant future, but they'll have the same basic form as the regular Ram truck.

They could build smaller and lower-powered EVs using VW's platform and the bigger and heavier and higher-performance vehicles with Rivian's platform, for example.
This is what I want, everything is a dammed crossover or bigger. Give me hatchbacks, sedans & wagons all day. I don't buy expensive cars get the price down sub 35k/30k and I'm all in when it come time to replace my ICE vehicles, esp. as a second commuter car.

This is what I want, everything is a dammed crossover or bigger. Give me hatchbacks, sedans & wagons all day. I don't buy expensive cars get the price down sub 35k/30k and I'm all in when it come time to replace my ICE vehicles, esp. as a second commuter car.
Ditto. EV for the grocery getter and ICE for the long hauls until the wishful thinkers and BS artists get their acts together on charging, ethical global material sourcing and disposal.

Throw in economics. Does a prospective home owner want to put an extra $20,000 into a depreciating asset that may or not get him / her to work with a 100 km commute or do they want a more affordable less mortgaged home?

Tommy the Tesla? Full Self Choo-Choo?

Ya just know that that wont play here.

Back
Top Bottom