Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 490 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Well, it's double the price originally promised, doesn't match any of the promises originally made, is of dubious build quality, and makes anyone driving one a laughingstock.

I'm still convinced that GM looked at the original promised specifications and said "Okay."

Well, it's double the price originally promised, doesn't match any of the promises originally made, is of dubious build quality, and makes anyone driving one a laughingstock.

I'm still convinced that GM looked at the original promised specifications and said "Okay."
All that being said, a conversion rate of paid reservations to sales of between 0.5% and 1% is still shocking to me. Presumably that means that there have also been 1.95M refunds draining $200M of Tesla cash.

All that being said, a conversion rate of paid reservations to sales of between 0.5% and 1% is still shocking to me. Presumably that means that there have also been 1.95M refunds draining $200M of Tesla cash.
Id say there’s a very large number of those reservations that never intended to actually buy the CT.

I worked with a guy that bought 2 Model Y. He sold one for a profit of 10k and the second one he flipped for the price he paid after a year.

He’s got 2 CTs on order and is considering doing the same but he’s way down the list. He may cancel both spots as it doesn’t look the CT is going to bring him any profit.

He’s got 2 CTs on order and is considering doing the same but he’s way down the list. He may cancel both spots as it doesn’t look the CT is going to bring him any profit.
The point of the article is there may be no "way down the list". Author went on two months ago and was already at the top. That implies a list with tens of thousands on it tops, not millions.

Stupid article. Part of the "loss" is $8k spent on wrap and tint. Lile custom paint on a bike, that will have zero positive effect on price and potentially a huge minus. That loss also includes taxes.

It's clear the people willing to pay a premium for access now have dried up. Used vehicles sell for less than new vehicles in most cases. CT has now moved beyond early adopted and limited supply status and its just another vehicle.

Stupid article. Part of the "loss" is $8k spent on wrap and tint. Lile custom paint on a bike, that will have zero positive effect on price and potentially a huge minus.
Agreed. I just wanted to point out the mania is gone and seems like prices are coming down hard.

Interesting is there’s a new non-launch edition that is coming and it’ll def beat down the market for used Cybertrucks.

So…anyone have thoughts on Mach-e prices?

Anybody wanna buy a Cybertruck reservation?

Weren’t these $100?

Anybody wanna buy a Cybertruck reservation?

Weren’t these $100?

There's pictures online of parking lots (and fields) with hundreds, maybe thousands, of unsold Teslas, including cybertrucks, some of which have been sitting long enough for grass to be growing around them. Ain't no reservation worth anything when you can offer to take one off their hands.

Note visibly mismatched door skin finish
That's hard to fix and while some are worse than others, that defect appears on almost all of them. For a vehicle marketed to wankers with OCD, that won't go over well.

The Celestiq's are apparently in production and started to be spotted in the wild. I don't know if they will be able to sell any at $300KUSD+. It's u-g-l-y. At least they are only making 400 of them so they might be able to find enough blind fanbois to throw them in collections.

451364345_8087352661317856_3210856016786116879_n.jpg

454703897_10113658192320002_5943202907658408195_n.jpg

455358558_7960503650698851_6315283444336222082_n.jpg

They may be able to eventually turn them all into hearses I guess ... right shape for it.

Yeah, not sure who their target market is. If I'm blowing big bucks on an EV, it's going to say Porsche or Mercedes on it ... and I am not a fan of Cadillac's recent styling trends.

Back
Top Bottom