Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 412 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Yeah it looks like people aren't flocking to EV's now as much as the early stats indicated - likely a combination of price, higher interest rates, and the bad publicity on public non-Tesla chargers.

I still say plug-in hybrids are the way to go for now and the "market is speaking" haha ... been saying that since post # 32 ... or something like that for years now! :ROFLMAO:
What current options are available for plug-in hybrids? That seems to be a very small section of the market. I conceptually like them but given that they have the complexity and expense of ICE and EV, they aren't that popular. Most manufacturers are offering a tiny battery hybrid (no plug-in as range would be laughable) or huge battery EV.

Anything from Toyota that's "Prime" (eg. RAV4 Prime, Prius Prime). Jeep Wrangler, Mitsubishi Outlander ... off the top of my head.

I hear ya on the ICE part but for most people the mileage on the engine would be minimal (I've only done oil changes on mine).

Anything from Toyota that's "Prime" (eg. RAV4 Prime, Prius Prime). Jeep Wrangler, Mitsubishi Outlander ... off the top of my head.

I hear ya on the ICE part but for most people the mileage on the engine would be minimal (I've only done oil changes on mine).
I was more thinking from a cost and packaging perspective. From a maintenance perspective, PIEV should be lower than ICE only most of the time.

I was more thinking from a cost and packaging perspective. From a maintenance perspective, PIEV should be lower than ICE only most of the time.
Yeah not sure if it's cheaper to add in a small engine or another x number of battery cells to instead fill up the space the engine takes up.

most car guys, including yours truly, wrote off MT back in 1991 when they voted the Chevy Caprice as COTY.

havent followed them since.....
Re subscribe.
That load still gets good ratings.
Has a "pillow soft ride"........lol.

Each award, regardless of industry (autos, movies, music, etc.), will always have duds when looking back. No one can be 100% be right in hindsight. I'm sure Car & Driver, Road & Track, etc have all had them.

Time will tell with this one too I guess.

Each award, regardless of industry (autos, movies, music, etc.), will always have duds when looking back. No one can be 100% be right in hindsight. I'm sure Car & Driver, Road & Track, etc have all had them.

Time will tell with this one too I guess.

not with the history MT has.....

they are just as clueless at GM.

Saw a vinfast vf8 on the 404 yesterday with normal green plates. Illegal tint on windows so maybe it is owned privately?

Gm is a mess. Even big H realizes this.

Notice they and Toyota are taking their time, rather than rushing their own EV platform despite others claiming they were "behind"

Who's laughing now?

On another note, see the PRELUDE? Hubba hubba.

Oh and it's a hybrid....
Had an 85' Prelude. Great fun car. Red of coarse.

Harley Davidson Livewire will not work on Julie and EVGo due to communication error.​

To start charging the bike looks for a 230w pulse for communication. All EVs are different and have a different hand shake. Due to this. There are even less chargers I can go too. (Not that they’re many CCS chargers in Florida anyway.

I mostly posted this just to highlight this gem:
livewire_charging.png

Well this ain't great....

Some of that is just Musk being stupid 0-60 in 5 seconds with 80k lbs is a ridiculous amount of power for no reason. That is huge unecessary loads on entire drivetrain (and especially batteries). If a standard semi takes 20s, as a start, change software so Tesla truck takes 20 seconds. If there is a need for faster, maybe pull it back to 15, but not 5. He wanted huge numbers on paper (fast, high power, etc) but they are stupid for a work truck.

Back
Top Bottom