Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 410 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Dated a girl once that snapped her leg skiing. It was great. Best parking spots in the lot, and good seats in the theatre with no issue.

I take my kid to scouts during the week, and sure as day all the rich kids’ dads park in the handicap spots at the church like clockwork. Almost wondering I should call Peel to set up there on Monday nights…
Pull in behind them with your trailer, lock them in then call the cops.

I know YRP take it seriously. Had fun watching a cop go berserk when a Karen tried to back and take off while he was writing her ticket for parking in a handicap spot at Markville mall.

Looks like Hyundai have built something spicy. Lots of gimmicks, but they seem to work.

I guess this is a car of 'don't use the options you don't like'.
I hate the fake noise, the fake shifting, in short all the crap that is not real.
I love the ability to move power front to back depending on conditions, changing regen braking depending on what you are doing, that is the future that I want.

Yeah I'm not really on board with making anything emulate something it isn't. Let an EV not have gear changes, and let it not make combustion-engine noises. But, if that's what it takes to get petrolheads on board, so be it. (Stellantis/Chrysler appears to be going in that direction, too.) The variable front/rear power distribution, launch control, and drift mode are interesting. A lot of that is hard to do with a traditional powertrain.

Let an EV not have gear changes
Geeez, this is one of the things I like most about owning an EV, that nice linear acceleration without gear changes. It's actually one of the most common things mention when I take them for their first-ever ride in an EV, for that matter - the fact there's no gear changes, second only to how quiet the experience is.

Geeez, this is one of the things I like most about owning an EV, that nice linear acceleration without gear changes. It's actually one of the most common things mention when I take them for their first-ever ride in an EV, for that matter - the fact there's no gear changes, second only to how quiet the experience is.
But, to convince the unwashed masses, fake gear changes are a good idea imo. That gets uninformed Butts into seats and then they turn off that stupidity and are converted.

But, to convince the unwashed masses, fake gear changes are a good idea imo. That gets uninformed Butts into seats and then they turn off that stupidity and are converted.

Yup, if that's what it takes, so be it. If they're producing the sound inside the car using the audio system (which is what most fake engine sounds do), there's basically zero hardware and cost to doing this other than some software development.

I will be highly disappointed if they don't offer alternate sound packages, like ringtones. Can you still buy ringtones?

At a minimum, they need to offer the Jetson's car sound. And I would use Crazy Frog just to annoy the hell out of my wife any time she was in the car with me:

Please don;t ruin EVs like CVTs.
Note about people turning stuff off after buying them. Doesn't happen much, people like what they are used to.

I've seen people in EVs that never turned on proper regen or one pedal driving years after owning them.

You know after driving most of my city commute time in "L" with my 2014 Volt and no my 2017 I switched to plain "D" after reading an article on how Porsche is supposedly not putting in regen in their electric vehicles because they studied the subject and found out that you get more range my letting the car coast in "D" whenever possible and guess what, they're right.

Outside of literal stop and go traffic, it stays in "D" now for me.

You know after driving most of my city commute time in "L" with my 2014 Volt and no my 2017 I switched to plain "D" after reading an article on how Porsche is supposedly not putting in regen in their electric vehicles because they studied the subject and found out that you get more range my letting the car coast in "D" whenever possible and guess what, they're right.

Outside of literal stop and go traffic, it stays in "D" now for me.
I did that also. D on the highways, and L on city streets and bumper to bumper. Got a bit more range.

The L is fairly aggressive regen so you use up electrons bringing it up to speed.
@shanekingsley gave that tip on here a long time ago.

Yeah, it's akin to driving (or riding) in a gear lower than you should be in ... every time you let off the gas you slow down and then feel like you're fighting against efficiency to get back to speed again.

Was driving home yesterday and saw a Ferrari with a green plate yesterday….sexy as F…

Was driving home yesterday and saw a Ferrari with a green plate yesterday….sexy as F…

And that is where this green plate stupidity comes completely off the rails. A better system would be only giving out green plates to people who only have green plate eligible vehicles. The ferrari is obviously an extra vehicle and therefore the opposite of green.

Pfffffft. Just engage the FSD and let it thread the needle between the vehicles ahead of you.

Was it a 296 or SF90?

Back
Top Bottom