Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 411 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Oh boy....

That ain't good...
Especially when Ford continues the tradition of digging in their heels. It's not like the Canadian ones are different, they just haven't been forced by a regulatory agency to recall so they haven't.

Especially when Ford continues the tradition of digging in their heels. It's not like the Canadian ones are different, they just haven't been forced by a regulatory agency to recall so they haven't.
On an aside, there was a "re-calibration" issued in the US for a a fuel level display problem for certain Honda vehicles. Good luck at the (Canada region) dealer if you have exactly the same issue with the same vehicle model - they will tell you that the problem does not exist in Canada (Canada appears to have a more lax recall policy)

* no intent to derail OP's thread.

On an aside, there was a "re-calibration" issued in the US for a a fuel level display problem for certain Honda vehicles. Good luck at the (Canada region) dealer if you have exactly the same issue with the same vehicle model - they will tell you that the problem does not exist in Canada (Canada appears to have a more lax recall policy)

* no intent to derail OP's thread.

You mean all 212. of the 323,502 (2020 US sales) identified US models is a big deal?

Last edited:
You mean all 212 examples identified in US models is a big deal?

Ask any of the 212 people if they thought the faulty gas tanks in their vehicle was a big deal.

Ask any of the 212 people if they thought the faulty gas tanks in their vehicle was a big deal.

"No crashes or injuries have been reported in relation to this issue."

most owners weren't even aware there was an issue.

apart from perhaps the minor inconvenience of returning the vehicle for recall fix, I'd say NO.

Last edited:
"No crashes or injuries have been reported in relation to this issue."

most owners weren't even aware there was an issue.

apart from perhaps the minor inconvenience of returning the vehicle for recall fix, I'd say NO.

Yeah, faulty gas tanks are an inconvenience (cough, cough, Pinto).

So you're saying not a single one of those people said "Geezus, I've been driving around with a faulty gas tank all this time with my kids in the car. That's not good." to themselves?

Oh, and how many more out there are faulty? Three? Three thousand? Thirty thousand?

Yeah, faulty gas tanks are an inconvenience (cough, cough, Pinto).

So you're saying not a single one of those people said "Geezus, I've been driving around with a faulty gas tank all this time with my kids in the car. That's not good." to themselves?

Oh, and how many more out there are faulty? Three? Three thousand? Thirty thousand?

excessively bored today?

its simply a fuel reading issue,

"An internal component of the fuel tank may break loose inside the tank and block the float mechanism that signals fuel level to the meter, incorrectly indicating the amount of fuel in the tank. "

"An internal component of the fuel tank may break loose inside the tank and block the float mechanism that signals fuel level to the meter, incorrectly indicating the amount of fuel in the tank. "

FINALLY. I'm not a Dentist.

I suspect there's been a lot of time spent attempting to live up to the initial stated specifications followed by a fair bit of backtracking. We know it's going to use normal window glass (probably regular laminated glass same as any normal automotive windshield; fair number of cars are now using it in side glass for noise reduction). We know the outer skin uses steel stampings of normal thickness (the windscreen and hood are visibly curved and there's a visible reinforcement stamping on the inside of the hood ... no more "exoskeleton" ... normal thickness skin + structural unibody underneath for meeting crash). The windscreen wiper was probably a headache. The cut-line of the hood coincides with the corner where the fender and hood meet ... most normal cars either wrap the fenders up around the corner or wrap the hood down around the corner ... getting the cut-line to coincide with the corner is a fitment nightmare and that's why it normally isn't done that way. And I really think the aero isn't all that great. Fender flares and wheels sticking out, and the sharp top peak of the roof, aren't good features to have.

In fairness, GM has been having headaches getting BT1XX up to production speed, too ... although at least they've started. They're still building them at Hamtramck because Lake Orion isn't ready and the battery assembly plant isn't ready. Mass-production is delayed to 2025 for that one, too.

In fairness, GM has been having headaches getting BT1XX up to production speed, too ... although at least they've started. They're still building them at Hamtramck because Lake Orion isn't ready and the battery assembly plant isn't ready. Mass-production is delayed to 2025 for that one, too.

It's more than just "delay" and "not ready"

The market is speaking...,

More like nobody really wants a stupid expensive EV right now. Sales are flat across all rhe makers. Even tesla despite major price cuts which others have followed. Ford and others have cut shifts and production.

Many makers are shifting to hybrids which makes sense in todays market and economy. . What a surprise. Been predicting this since post 2 of this thread years ago.....

GM is having trouble getting Ultium battery production up to speed; nothing secret about that. The other thing floating around is that with the Bolt being relatively successful lately, GM wants to develop that into their next small EV using some combination of what they've already got in the Bolt plus Ultium battery layout plus LFP cells, so that they can get it to market quicker, which means that would be an all-GM-engineered vehicle.

Yeah it looks like people aren't flocking to EV's now as much as the early stats indicated - likely a combination of price, higher interest rates, and the bad publicity on public non-Tesla chargers.

I still say plug-in hybrids are the way to go for now and the "market is speaking" haha ... been saying that since post # 32 ... or something like that for years now! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom