Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 408 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Today's article - EU is not happy that Chinese EVs are cheaper than domestic (whatever reason is). I haven't realized they were selling so many EVs in Europe and ppl actually buying it....

Quote:
"Chinese companies exported nearly 350,000 EVs to nine European countries in the first half of the year, more than they exported in all of 2022, according to data from the China Passenger Car Association.
And in the last five years, EU imports of Chinese cars have quadrupled.
By 2030, Chinese carmakers could see their share of the global market double from 17% to 33%, with European firms suffering the biggest loss of market share, according to a recent estimate by UBS."

well duh.

cheap labour = cheap sales price potential. can't cry about prices when you pay your operators a small fortune.
And they’ll continue to grow. Am I gonna pay 80k for a Western EV versus a 30-50k Chinese EV with less panache and presence?

Depends on what’s on tap.

No different than the Japanese or Korean brands breaking into the market. The big players ignore them but they grow in leaps and bounds to take their market share. And if they’re too lazy or ignorant to take notice….well…we’ve seen how that’s played out before.

BYD as a manufacturer seem to be coming on strong. I suppose there is an argument that the BYD Seagull looks a bit like a downsized Chevy Bolt, but (a) I don't have a problem with that, I like compact 5 door hatchbacks, and (b) I think they've put more than enough distinguishing features of their own on it. The seats look really good. This reviewer liked it a lot.

Not mentioned in the review is that this is the first production application of CATL's sodium-ion battery. No lithium, no cobalt. The downside is somewhat lower energy capacity - this car's standard battery is a 30kWh sodium-ion battery, and optional is a 39kWh lithium-ion battery. (yes, that's less capacity than many other EVs, but this is a small car.)

Got this from BNN .....
VW paid $700 million for almost 5% of Chinese carmaker Xpeng Inc. The stake in the loss-making company — which isn’t in the top 10 for EV sales in its home country — was the price VW was willing to pay for access to a technology platform to help fast-track its mainstream electric-car offerings.

So in spring 2024 Honda will sell a rebadged GM EV?

Will this be another Isuzu job?

So...nothing but scammers on the Volt or Ducati front on Kijiji / FB Marketplace.

Tried the online tools to sell the Volt...$14500 with Clutch and Canada Drives, and $15500 with AutoTrader so will see if the dealers actually hold anywhere close to that tomorrow.

Was hoping for 16500$ for it. But maybe the GTI was not meant to be.

Well the Volt is sold. Going to drop it off at the dealership in an hour. Because I'm dumb...going from a cheap, economical, and easy to run paid off vehicle for a GTI seems like a good idea. LoL

At least I have 2 more full years of warranty on the GTI. This should be my last ICE car.

Well the Volt is sold. Going to drop it off at the dealership in an hour. Because I'm dumb...going from a cheap, economical, and easy to run paid off vehicle for a GTI seems like a good idea. LoL

At least I have 2 more full years of warranty on the GTI. This should be my last ICE car.
You do have a penchant for change when it comes to cars and bikes lol.

You do have a penchant for change when it comes to cars and bikes lol.
You're right. I probably shouldn't do this (and I still can cancel within 30min or so)...but the price for the GTI is difficult to pass up.

Mind you that's just me justifying the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom