Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 407 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Don't mind the improvements. Do mind the relocation of turn signal switches to the steering wheel. I know where a stalk is, always. In a roundabout in order to signal my exit, where are the switches?
not to mention the horn and turn signal are all tiny capacitive buttons on the wheel. easy to hit by accident but also hard to find and hit when you need it.

I’m digging the look, not liking the lack of stalks but the big question is….what will the new gen cost, and what will the old gen cost.

GTI is potentially in my possession in October so need to make a decision chop chop as the M2 is arriving.

Very strange product marketing decision

"Take rate for the GTI’s manual has been about 40 percent"

My guess is partly emissions based, partly manual transmission supply from suppliers is dwindling, partly hybrid coming. Dsg cars are faster and easier for computer to know what is happening.

I particularly like the Oz-like curtain reference dig.

Small diesel plant my ass. To do anything constructive it will be megawatts.

Edit:

Quick math has 98x250kw superchargers is 25 MW required. I wouldn't be surprised if the "small" diesel plant was double digit megawatts. Something like a few 3616's at 40,000 lbs a piece.

Last edited:

There's an electric one coming:

This is based on the ID.2 which slots in below the ID.3 in the lineup, and is front-drive only. In the world perspective, ID.2 is basically Polo, ID.3 is basically Golf.

I like this. The question is whether it will come to North America. It might.

If GM had sold an RS variation of the Bolt, with sport seats, suspension lowered and firmed-up a smidge, and wider wheels and tires, I would have bought it. I'm probably going to do Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers myself. I already have wider wheels although still with the stock (hard, slippery) tires on them. The bones of the car are pretty good.

This is based on the ID.2 which slots in below the ID.3 in the lineup, and is front-drive only. In the world perspective, ID.2 is basically Polo, ID.3 is basically Golf.

If GM had sold an RS variation of the Bolt, with sport seats, suspension lowered and firmed-up a smidge, and wider wheels and tires, I would have bought it. I'm probably going to do Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers myself. I already have wider wheels although still with the stock (hard, slippery) tires on them. The bones of the car are pretty good.
I'll have to come around at some point. Not ready to trade my gas pedal in just yet.

I like the new VW ID line. Very clean looking cars and look forward to seeing more.

Wonder how much range you’d lose with fatter and grippier tires on your Bolt.

I like the new VW ID line. Very clean looking cars and look forward to seeing more.

Wonder how much range you’d lose with fatter and grippier tires on your Bolt.
ID have been stinkers for issues with a piss poor record of quick resolution by vw. New ceo says that crap is behind them. Time will tell if that is the truth. ID.buzz for my wife would be a good fit if it doesn't suck.

Wonder how the traffic flow is
1148.jpg

Let's throw ~50kW of solar on there to greenwash project. Don't worry if it isn't aimed properly. Efficiency and power production don't matter as much as image.
Don't forget that it's England, might be the least efficient solar area possible averaging 150 days of rain a year.

Back
Top Bottom