Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 401 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Well put. My only hesitation is I guess the lack of physical buttons, but that's something that may just be a matter of getting used to.

Anyway for now, GTI is top replacement for Volt. Need to clean it up as it looks the M2 is coming in sooner than expected.
I went from a WRX to the Tesla and I can tell you the Tesla just feels far more modern. I used to hate commuting, now I don't mind it because driving the Tesla even in a traffic jam is much more relaxing. One foot driving is a game changer for me. Other people love the self-steering and auto-braking/accelerating (that even the basic autopilot gets) although I rarely use it. I did have to pay almost $800 for a nema 14-50 outlet to be installed in my garage, and then another $250 for a CCS adapter so that I can fast-charge at non-Tesla chargers (important if you drive in more remote areas where there are no superchargers).

When/how? I don't remember. I do remember there being a very short rage version of the M3 (like 150 kms) for a while that you had to jump through hoops to get, but nobody bought those anyways, is that what you're referring to?
I believe he's refering to the much touted RWD - $35k? M3 that was promised and never delivered.

Feel free to correct me GG.

I went from a WRX to the Tesla and I can tell you the Tesla just feels far more modern. I used to hate commuting, now I don't mind it because driving the Tesla even in a traffic jam is much more relaxing. One foot driving is a game changer for me. Other people love the self-steering and auto-braking/accelerating (that even the basic autopilot gets) although I rarely use it. I did have to pay almost $800 for a nema 14-50 outlet to be installed in my garage, and then another $250 for a CCS adapter so that I can fast-charge at non-Tesla chargers (important if you drive in more remote areas where there are no superchargers).
WRX is a cheapo econoturd. Tesla is marketed in the luxury segment.

When/how? I don't remember. I do remember there being a very short rage version of the M3 (like 150 kms) for a while that you had to jump through hoops to get, but nobody bought those anyways, is that what you're referring to?
Model Y standard range dropped, only LR available at 25% more money. $35K Model 3 dropped. They were there for advertising price points. Nobody bought them as they didn't ship. They got slotted in behind more expensive versions and never hit the line. Continuous punts.

WRX is a cheapo econoturd. Tesla is marketed in the luxury segment.
I'm not talking about things like fit and finish, just the feel of driving the car. The WRX is no worse in that regard than any other ICE car, the fact is that ICE cars just feel outdated after you've had an EV. Even just pumping gas is an annoying thing that I'm glad I'll never have to do again. Except for my motorcycle, until electric motorcycles become feasible for the type of riding I like to do.

I'm not talking about things like fit and finish, just the feel of driving the car. The WRX is no worse in that regard than any other ICE car, the fact is that ICE cars just feel outdated after you've had an EV. Even just pumping gas is an annoying thing that I'm glad I'll never have to do again. Except for my motorcycle, until electric motorcycles become feasible for the type of riding I like to do.
OK i guess.

Then I check sticker price and start to compare fit and finish and it's been a big letdown for a long time.

Same **** I said to my buddy who bought a new STI, i touched the interior and was like "at this price point, there should be ZERO plastic in here".

Ya I traded in my WRX 2019 to the Volt once the commute changed from 2km to the GO station to 55km on the 401 one way.

Now that the Volt is nearing 120k on the odo I’ll try and go manual GTI before a full EV. We’ll see how it goes.

Model Y standard range dropped, only LR at 25% more. $35K Model 3 dropped. They were there for advertising price points. Nobody bought them as they didn't ship. They got slotted in behind more expensive versions and never hit the line. Continuous punts.
The 35k M3 was never available, just something Musk claimed would happen and never did. Not really the same as BMW advertising a car for a particular price, and then not letting you buy it at that price.

There's a new standard range Model Y for $59,990.

The 35k M3 was never available, just something Musk claimed would happen and never did. Not really the same as BMW advertising a car for a particular price, and then not letting you buy it at that price.

Disappearing models and then making them available years later doesn't forgive the sin. Musk claiming something is exactly the same as a BMW ad in my books. He is the voice of the company. He has been slapped by SEC for claiming things that were untrue on the investment front. Consumer protection should slap him on the product front.

OK i guess.

Then I check sticker price and start to compare fit and finish and it's been a big letdown for a long time.

Same **** I said to my buddy who bought a new STI, i touched the interior and was like "at this price point, there should be ZERO plastic in here".
Standard gino model. Lots of money on loud and exterior looks. Maybe some money on power. No money left over for comfort.

R.d30d2aff70d65caea70d5bde760cee47

This represents the second time in so many years that Tesla has stopped selling the most affordable version of its mass-market car.
Previously, the $35,000 Model 3 was available but extremely hard to find. Tesla stopped listing it as an option on its site and only made it available “off menu” by selling the car for $38,000 with a $3,000 discount for some software-locked features.

Cybertruck will be the same too. Headline number of $40k USD but there is no way in hell. Probably at least 50% more than that for any one you can actually take delivery of (eventually, if they ever ship it).
Funny enough i almost went looking for my $150 deposit back yesterday but figured what the hell. Why lose my place in line now.

Might as well see how big a mess it is and go from there.

OK i guess.

Same with the evo.. I had an mr... the interior on that thing is/was crap too. it shared interior components with the base model forte
You don't buy cars like STIs or EVOs for the interior finishes..

Same with the evo.. I had an mr... the interior on that thing is/was crap too. it shared interior components with the base model forte
You don't buy cars like STIs or EVOs for the interior finishes..
I don't disagree, but that doesn't change my opinion; at that price point, I expect better.

I worked in automotive for over a decade, I know what price we sold to OEMs and what they charge the end user. If the average consumer knew this, they would expect better too!

Back
Top Bottom