Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 400 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Same here when I got my 2014. There is a limit on the rebate now so the truly rich aren't getting any taxpayer handout.

Per the Govt' website:

"
  • a passenger car, where the base model Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $55,000; and
    • higher priced trims of these vehicles, up to a maximum MSRP of $65,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;
or

• a station wagon, pickup truck (light truck), sport utility vehicle (SUV), minivan, van, or special purpose vehicle, where the base model Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $60,000; and
    • higher priced trims of these vehicles, up to a maximum MSRP of $70,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives."
If my GTI plan doesn't work out, then I'll buy the Model3 with the 5k rebate instead. Less wait time and cheaper than other EV alternatives. Not a huge fan of Tesla...but can't deny their platform is good...while the interior leaves a LOT to be desired.

The Mach-E is my #1 pick...but $$$$$

If my GTI plan doesn't work out, then I'll buy the Model3 with the 5k rebate instead. Less wait time and cheaper than other EV alternatives. Not a huge fan of Tesla...but can't deny their platform is good...while the interior leaves a LOT to be desired.

The Mach-E is my #1 pick...but $$$$$

So they are losing a fortune on every vehicle, Tesla severely undercut them on pricing and now they are piling up on lots. None of that is a surprise. The question is does Ford take an even bigger haircut to move them or do they whine to congress to try to get some kind of preferential treatment? We all know the path they are going to try first.

I tried to buy the Mach-E a few months ago. I just wanted a base model (plus AWD) and they said those were all sold out and you wouldn't be able to get one for the rest of the year. They had plenty of Premiums and GTs. I also tried buying the BMW i4, same issue, can't get a base, have to get a higher trim line which costs way more than I'm willing to spend. Got a Tesla M3 instead which you can order any which way you want, no regrets.

I tried to buy the Mach-E a few months ago. I just wanted a base model (plus AWD) and they said those were all sold out and you wouldn't be able to get one for the rest of the year. They had plenty of Premiums and GTs. I also tried buying the BMW i4, same issue, can't get a base, have to get a higher trim line which costs way more than I'm willing to spend. Got a Tesla M3 instead which you can order any which way you want, no regrets.
That's normal. The base models are financial disasters for the companies but they want a low sticker price in ads. Even Tesla eventually cancelled and never built their promised cheap version. They argue that factory capacity will be used for more profitable versions first (and either hope that costs drop in the future to support cheap model or maybe they never planned on making any). Just enough truth to avoid consumer protection losses but vaporware for all intents and purposes. The incremental cost compared to incremental increase in MSRP means they would make more money selling the premium models at a discount than the base at msrp and that may be more likely to trigger buys as consumers like discounts.

^ Same thing appears will happen with the Chevy Equinox EV. The 1LT and 2LT models will come later.

Attachments

• 1689256533565.png
    1689256533565.png
    685.5 KB · Views: 8
I think it's deceptive, they advertise a fairly decent price ($54,990 for the BMW i4) but if you try to buy one for that price they don't let you. Maybe it's all for the best cause the base i4 is very barebones, doesn't even come with heated seats. They're physically present, you're just not allowed to use them unless you pay for the upgrade. But anyways it should be against the law to advertise a particular price if it's not possible to order the car at that price.

This is why Tesla's sales model is superior. You order online, no salesman to deal with, nobody cares if you get the base, the top of the line, or anything in between. And the base M3 is actually very well equipped.

I think it's deceptive, they advertise a fairly decent price ($54,990 for the BMW i4) but if you try to buy one for that price they don't let you. Maybe it's all for the best cause the base i4 is very barebones, doesn't even come with heated seats. They're physically present, you're just not allowed to use them unless you pay for the upgrade. But anyways it should be against the law to advertise a particular price if it's not possible to order the car at that price.

This is why Tesla's sales model is superior. You order online, no salesman to deal with, nobody cares if you get the base, the top of the line, or anything in between. And the base M3 is actually very well equipped.
How do you like the car as an actual car? I enjoyed the driving in it, but the barebones interior turns me off.

Screen for everything, including the glove box which is ridiculous for me.

Tesla did this exact same thing in the past??? This has nothing to do with the sales model and everything to do with manufacturers skirting laws to get people interested in their vehicles. Sure, they aren't doing it right now but they will play this game again in the future.

I agree, if the ad price is not available within a reasonable timeframe (which is complicated but probably something like if I can get 3LT now but have to wait months for 1LT) they should be smacked with a consumer protection hit. Advertise what you are providing not vaporware.

Tesla did this exact same thing in the past??? This has nothing to do with the sales model and everything to do with manufacturers skirting laws to get people interested in their vehicles. Sure, they aren't doing it right now but they will play this game again in the future.

I agree, if the ad price is not available within a reasonable timeframe (which is complicated but probably something like if I can get 3LT now but have to wait months for 1LT) they should be smacked with a consumer protection hit. Advertise what you are providing not vaporware.
This is nothing new. Same as the older days (early 2000s when I was selling cars). Dealer advertises a BMW 3 series for 25k (or whatever.
- manual
- no air
- no power seats
- no power windows
- pink
- stuck at port

But you can have this 325xi for JUST 5k more, and it's ready today in the colour you want!

However...the cheapo version EXISTS...you just need to wait a few months while we find it, ship it, and prepare it.

The availability of low end/base models has been made worse recently due to supply chain issues. If they have shortages they make the highest profit vehicles first.

Not EVs, and maybe that is different, but I have never had an issue getting a base model ICE pre-COVID, same with many people I know.

This is nothing new. Same as the older days (early 2000s when I was selling cars). Dealer advertises a BMW 3 series for 25k (or whatever.
- manual
- no air
- no power seats
- no power windows
- pink
- stuck at port

But you can have this 325xi for JUST 5k more, and it's ready today in the colour you want!

However...the cheapo version EXISTS...you just need to wait a few months while we find it, ship it, and prepare it.
Real estate does the same. One condo is available for 499 (starting from the 400's!!!!) but surprise, that is a construction office and we can't sell it until work is complete. We do have all of these much nicer units available for 599 and up. You don't want the 499 one anyway. A buyer qualified for 425 walks in with hopes and dreams and leaves demoralized. A buyer qualified for 550 thinks they are being prudent and not spending their max and ends up scraping from everywhere to get in.

Some interesting/gimmicky features such as this one "e-shift"

Hyundai Ioniq 5 N​

The N e-shift gearbox simulates the behaviour of the eight-speed dual-clutch unit found in ICE N models, with a jolt feeling between shifts to further enhance the 5 N’s driving feel. This is paired with the N Active Sound, with the car revving to 8000rpm.
The sound is played through eight internal speakers and two external speakers, with drivers able to choose between three different modes: Ignition, Evolution and Supersonic, inspired by fighter jets.

How do you like the car as an actual car? I enjoyed the driving in it, but the barebones interior turns me off.

Screen for everything, including the glove box which is ridiculous for me.
Only had it a few weeks but so far I'm loving it. The one screen for everything doesn't bother me, I got used to it quickly. I guess it depends on whether you're the type of guy who can get used to new ways of doing things, or whether you're more stubborn and hate changing what you're used to.

Only had it a few weeks but so far I'm loving it. The one screen for everything doesn't bother me, I got used to it quickly. I guess it depends on whether you're the type of guy who can get used to new ways of doing things, or whether you're more stubborn and hate changing what you're used to.
Well put. My only hesitation is I guess the lack of physical buttons, but that's something that may just be a matter of getting used to.

Anyway for now, GTI is top replacement for Volt. Need to clean it up as it looks the M2 is coming in sooner than expected.

Tesla did this exact same thing in the past???
When/how? I don't remember. I do remember there being a very short rage version of the M3 (like 150 kms) for a while that you had to jump through hoops to get, but nobody bought those anyways, is that what you're referring to?

My wifes co-workers have one and love it. DINK is the way to go if you want the cool stuff.
When you guys sell off the children, I'll let you in on the secret DINK handshake.

Back
Top Bottom