Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 390 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Can confirm. My Jeep is lifted 2" and is a direct result to the death of well over 30 people.

I'm sure your bumper with the 2" lift is still within the legal height limit. I'd assume a Rubicon is at least that much taller. I know my old Comanche Chief was 3" taller than base model.

Now add 33s and a Stinger bumper to that, and I'd be all for the death penalty if you t-boned and decapitated someone in an intersection.

some BMW. Acura Type S MDX, MB, and other SUVs have air suspensions that can lift and lower the vehicle up to 6" anytime you like.

illegal?

What does the brochure say? Down at the bottom in the small print? I've seen commercials promoting it as extra clearance for obstacles while off road. I'm pretty sure it's for that use only.

A lot of those OEM ride height adjustments do stuff automatically over and above what the driver selects. You can be sure that the headlights and bumpers and stability control on the OEM systems are compliant no matter what buttons the driver presses. And there's no "Carolina squat" button.

What does the brochure say? Down at the bottom in the small print? I've seen commercials promoting it as extra clearance for obstacles while off road. I'm pretty sure it's for that use only.

very few take an Acura Type S MDX and X5s "off road". the low setting is for lowering the COG in sport mode and its sits pretty low. the top setting mainly for clearing deep snow.

very few take an Acura Type S MDX and X5s "off road". the low setting is for lowering the COG in sport mode and its sits pretty low. the top setting mainly for clearing deep snow.

I'm not talking Moab. The commercials I've seen show the vehicles on (unassumed) double-track forest roads.

when this thread switched to big trucks and lifted suspencions?

one just need to buy a new Cybertruck and receive all praises for environmental consciousness, no-guilt pleasure - so big truck lovers have nothing to worry about. I can't wait to see (super) lifted Cybertrucks on the roads and in tiny parking lots with it's bullet proofed steel doors :)

1682513314535.png

one just need to buy a new Cybertruck and receive all praises for environmental consciousness, no-guilt pleasure - so big truck lovers have nothing to worry about. I can't wait to see (super) lifted Cybertrucks on the roads and in tiny parking lots with it's bullet proofed steel doors :)

View attachment 60525

I think it shifted when we/i talked about how people get vehicles based on the "one time per year" they need the extra space. And it devolved into the safety vs danger of them for other road users etc etc.

Another thing to consider, CDA for bigger vehicles is gonna be way higher and a lot less efficient than a smaller, lower to the ground one (obviously we won't be driving stanced, F1 clearance height cars) but there's a middle ya know.
Overall the switch to SUV/Truck land was driven a lot by EPA regulations and car makers trying to avoid them, along with the usual profit gains to be had over SUV vs the whole sedan compact subcompacts segment.
I don't know if we can revert the trend with EV

View attachment 60525
not to mention you can also sue and blame Tesla if you hit and kill others. 'autopilot did it'

EV Tow test.

TL: DW Tons of power to pull trailers. Range is about half. Rivian guess-o-meter sometimes changes range by 50 miles when you have driven 5 miles. This makes trip planning brutal as you can't afford to pass a charger unless you have at least double the range you need to reach the next one. Ford guess-o-meter was reasonable. They had trouble fast-charging at full speed (1/3 to 1/2 of posted rate was achievable). Disconnecting trailers to access chargers sucks. 200 mile trip needed two charging stops. boo.

View attachment 60525
That truck is so ugly. What was the design brief? "Here design a truck but you can't touch the french curves"

Delorean managed it.
640px-Delorean_DMC-12_side.jpg

Victim of the fashion of the time or due to the material or some combination there-of.... Not exactly curvy.

That truck is so ugly. What was the design brief? "Here design a truck but you can't touch the french curves"
I still have a deposit on one. I’ll wait and see what the final production model looks like before committing.

Grrr. Douggie. Another option for limited speed electric vehicles being rolled out. These ones look like small cars that require no insurance. He needs to move on from electric vehicles don't need insurance. If you want it affordable, offer it as part of the licensing for them. If they can't offer it affordably, obviously those vehicles are not financially viable in public.

I'm sure your bumper with the 2" lift is still within the legal height limit. I'd assume a Rubicon is at least that much taller. I know my old Comanche Chief was 3" taller than base model.

Now add 33s and a Stinger bumper to that, and I'd be all for the death penalty if you t-boned and decapitated someone in an intersection.
All Jeeps now come with 33's. Some jeeps and broncos now come with 35".

Also I do have a stinger

Thats not true.
It gets into the grey area of if a vehicle does not meet safety standards is it illegal. I don't think there is any law against lift/lower.

Safety standards are interesting as if you add air suspension and change the ride height from stock, that is a clear fail. If you use springs or blocks and they don't look like a drunk child welded them, it looks like you should pass (unless you go full brodozer and your headlights are more than 54" above road).

Now, one requirement for the mandatory road test is driving over a bump at least 5 cm high. Most static low cars will fail that. Those lowered on air are a fail when not at stock height (and most air setups can't raise vehicle back to stock height as they are aiming for low low).

TL: DR Most stance cars fail. Most lifted vehicles probably pass.

Back
Top Bottom