Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 392 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Cool. Three bnib tesla roadsters found in china. Buyer had to pay off storage bill well into six figures and there is a question of how much work they will need to make them functional after being abandoned for 13 years. No idea what they will sell for.

It may have been asked somewhere in this thread but does anyone know the rules around charging at a Tesla charger with a non-Tesla vehicle using an adapter?

Their chargers are the most reliable so having that option would be nice for those with a pure BEV.

It may have been asked somewhere in this thread but does anyone know the rules around charging at a Tesla charger with a non-Tesla vehicle using an adapter?

Their chargers are the most reliable so having that option would be nice for those with a pure BEV.
Tesla charging is limited to Tesla cars. They are opening them up to non Tesla vehicles but I’m not sure of details.

Currently it’s fairly limited to non-Teslas so need to confirm status.

For "level 2" destination chargers, this is possible using a Tesla to J1772 adapter. For Superchargers, it is only possible at the ones with the built in CCS adapter, of which there are not many around.

Weird observation on the weekend, we went to the Maple View mall in Burlington. There were a handful of Teslas among over EVs at the Flo chargers on the east side. On the west side of the mall there were a bunch (lots) of open Tesla chargers... Why charge your Tesla at Flo when Tesla spots are open???

Maybe they were full when they pulled in but there were so many empty I doubt it... that many broken or people are just too lazy?

Tesla charging is limited to Tesla cars. They are opening them up to non Tesla vehicles but I’m not sure of details.

Currently it’s fairly limited to non-Teslas so need to confirm status.
Only in EU and now some in the US because of Biden. No news or word of it happening in Canada. I dont see them doing it without some sort of push.

were a bunch (lots) of open Tesla chargers... Why charge your Tesla at Flo when Tesla spots are open???

Maybe they were full when they pulled in but there we
Different chargers have different costs/rates. AFAIK, Teslas are pretty high compared to some of the other third parties.

One of my colleagues has a Model 3 and we went for a drive. Wow...I wasn't expecting the ride to be so nice and sporty. I enjoyed it.

Maybe the CLA35 AMG isn't the best call...but a Model 3 ends up being almost the same payment monthly considering the gas. After all is said and done the CLA35 would cost me close to 47-50k.

One of my colleagues has a Model 3 and we went for a drive. Wow...I wasn't expecting the ride to be so nice and sporty. I enjoyed it.

Maybe the CLA35 AMG isn't the best call...but a Model 3 ends up being almost the same payment monthly considering the gas. After all is said and done the CLA35 would cost me close to 47-50k.
Seriously considering a model y 7 seater.

Sent from the future

Went and looked at the Teslas today unfortunately model S is the only one I would even consider after trying them. Dash is a big nope in the 3 and y and the windshield in the x sucks. Wife felt the same big no on all except the S, she prefers the volt over the other ones.

Sent from the future

Went and looked at the Teslas today unfortunately model S is the only one I would even consider after trying them. Dash is a big nope in the 3 and y and the windshield in the x sucks. Wife felt the same big no on all except the S, she prefers the volt over the other ones.

Sent from the future
Interesting. Slightly concerning that anything recently developed you hate. Model S is so old, it's really due for a refresh but if that happens, it will probably follow the design language you hate.

Interesting. Slightly concerning that anything recently developed you hate. Model S is so old, it's really due for a refresh but if that happens, it will probably follow the design language you hate.
S and X are very similar inside but the windshield on the x goes way too high and is annoying plus the stupid rear doors. Yoke is also stupid but you can get a wheel as well.

Sent from the future

S and X have an instrument display in front of the driver in the normal location. 3 and Y only have the central screen.

One thing I like about the Bolt is that the central touchscreen is properly integrated into the IP. Lots of cars - including the Tesla 3 and Y - look like the screen was an afterthought, added on after the rest of the IP was designed.

Thinking a bolt euv may be something to look at or wait for the new blazer ev. Like the idea of the Tesla charger but if I don't like the vehicle not going to work. Or just pony up and get a S.

Sent from the future

Thinking a bolt euv may be something to look at or wait for the new blazer ev. Like the idea of the Tesla charger but if I don't like the vehicle not going to work. Or just pony up and get a S.

Sent from the future
I may go test drive a Bolt again as the last one I tested sucked major ***.

Also, found this milling around reddit and being deleted / held back by mods of certain subs. I thought Tesla resolved majority of their issues...

Stuff like that makes me want to stay away from the brand...

Also, found this milling around reddit and being deleted / held back by mods of certain subs. I thought Tesla resolved majority of their issues...

That last pic. I would refuse the vehicle. Especially with the other dozen problems noted prior to it. ******* Twittermobile.

I may go test drive a Bolt again as the last one I tested sucked major ***.

One of the comments "Can’t post that FUD over there huh? OP obviously damaged the car intentionally after purchase to make money on his short position." Damn, that would take dedication to paint schmoo in and remove panels and pull wires out.

Back
Top Bottom