Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 374 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Not sure how their price breakdown works.
But you are right, I highly doubt they would accommodate anything other than a straight trade-in.

I do have to say, their lack of stealerships made it the best new car buying experience I've ever had. Buy online, bring your papers, inspect car, sign papers and drive off.
No haggling or needing to shop around dealerships, or waiting around for a sales to push other unnecessary stuff on you, extended this, undercoat that.
4 clicks online, in-n-out in under 20mins on delivery date.

I do have to say, their lack of stealerships made it the best new car buying experience I've ever had. Buy online, bring your papers, inspect car, sign papers and drive off.
No haggling or needing to shop around dealerships, or waiting around for a sales to push other unnecessary stuff on you, extended this, undercoat that.
4 clicks online, in-n-out in under 20mins on delivery date.
That sounds like a refreshing change. I hate car shopping. So many useless wankers wasting time in the hopes of wearing me down.

That sounds like a refreshing change. I hate car shopping. So many useless wankers wasting time in the hopes of wearing me down.
When I bought my Odyssey it took me close to 4 hours to get the deal done. The current Volt took me...3hrs at least and as you all know a lot of frustration.

As much as Musk is a wankr I have been sort of looking at a model S. Range looks good would be trading in the Volt
Very nice! I'm super tempted with the M3...but then I realized I can't justify it to myself, or my wife, at this point in my life.

I'll revisit the topic in 3 years when the mortgage is up for renewal to see where I stand on cashflow. Right now...getting tighter with each rate rise. My mortgage has gone up monthly to the price of a car payment (500-550/month) since April.

Good news for Tesla and future Tesla buyers in Hamilton area.....

"The company is proposing to convert the former The Bay/Home Outfitters location on the east side of the Upper Wentworth Street mall into a 60,000-square-foot dealership and service centre."

Anybody hear / use these SHIFT MOTORS? Seems like they’re snapping up every electric vehicle available.

They’re 2022 stock is priced equal to, or just below the new 2023 Tesla pricing.

Even Tesla website used stock is priced higher than new.

Anybody hear / use these SHIFT MOTORS? Seems like they’re snapping up every electric vehicle available.

They’re 2022 stock is priced equal to, or just below the new 2023 Tesla pricing.
went to sit in an s and y there before. they are one of the shops that get Tesla trade ins to sell.

Anybody traded in a car to Tesla? I filled out Tesla's online trade-in estimator and they came back with an absolutely terrible low-ball offer. This is a car that sells for low to mid 40s on autotrader and Tesla is offering me 30.

Anybody traded in a car to Tesla? I filled out Tesla's online trade-in estimator and they came back with an absolutely terrible low-ball offer. This is a car that sells for low to mid 40s on autotrader and Tesla is offering me 30.
That's not surprising. What is wholesale price for your car? Retail price means very little (especially when that is asking price and not necessarily a price that it sells for).

My buddy tried with his Volt and they low balled him also. He was ok with the lowball on his KIA but ended up selling the Volt privately.

Tesla increased their trade in price on the KIA once they saw the vehicle in person.

So try that route.

My buddy tried with his Volt and they low balled him also. He was ok with the lowball on his KIA but ended up selling the Volt privately.

Tesla increased their trade in price on the KIA once they saw the vehicle in person.

So try that route.
How did they see his car in person? The guy at the tesla dealer (or service center, as tesla calls them) wouldn't even look at my car, just told me to submit the info online and the trade-in team makes all the decisions.

That's not surprising. What is wholesale price for your car? Retail price means very little (especially when that is asking price and not necessarily a price that it sells for).
No idea, I would always just look at autotrader and see what other cars with the same year/make/mileage/options as mine are selling for. Then I would take about 2 or 3k off that number cause I figure the dealer expects to make a profit on it, and that is what I'd expect the dealer to pay me for my trade in.

I don't think tesla dealers sell any non-teslas though, so they probably just put your car trade-in some kind of bidding system to see what they can get for it, then offer you that.

How did they see his car in person? The guy at the tesla dealer (or service center, as tesla calls them) wouldn't even look at my car, just told me to submit the info online and the trade-in team makes all the decisions.
I’m seeing him tonight and I’ll ask. Will update you later tonight or tomorrow.

No idea, I would always just look at autotrader and see what other cars with the same year/make/mileage/options as mine are selling for. Then I would take about 2 or 3k off that number cause I figure the dealer expects to make a profit on it, and that is what I'd expect the dealer to pay me for my trade in.

I don't think tesla dealers sell any non-teslas though, so they probably just put your car trade-in some kind of bidding system to see what they can get for it, then offer you that.
2 to 3k off retail is dreaming for a trade-in imo. They spend some time and money detailing it and making sure it can pass safety and then they need to front the money, inventory it and sell it. Maybe you can get that and good for you but I wouldn't expect that (especially from Tesla who pushes your car to a third party and isn't setup to sell it themselves).

Back
Top Bottom